Wilder raging

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yes he's right in first half too many sloppy passes.

But my God...

WE are a good team- Leicester are a top top team and we more than matched them throughout the match.

I thought every player (bar Robinson who I thought a bit weak and ineffectual) were very good and definitely proud of them. Left happy - you can't say more than that.

Standout players Egan/ Freeman (this lad is going to be a superstar) McBurnie -

And for the crowd big pat on the back 10/10 - the second half rendition of Allez Allez Allez - as good as it gets.

Bring it on THIS TEAM is DARNED GOOD>
9/10 - point knocked off for use of ' top top team ' ( pet hate) ... agree wholeheartedly with the rest , don't think this team realise how good they can be just yet.

I feel really positive about the rest of the season after today. We’d have got a decent point if it weren’t for what could be the goal of the season. Wasn’t one that I’d got us down to get anything from, and we looked solid in my opinion

I feel really positive about the rest of the season after today. We’d have got a decent point if it weren’t for what could be the goal of the season. Wasn’t one that I’d got us down to get anything from, and we looked solid in my opinion

First really good side we’ve played and we weren’t 2nd best. I’m with you, most of our players have stepped up & will continue to improve. Enda, JOC & Egan are class & I’m shocked at the performances that Baldock is putting in.

We played well, made a few mistakes to let them in, but overall we had a really good game.

Thought the 1st half problem was Fleck not there to protect Norwoods passing, so the pivot wasn't protected. Freeman is too new to the team to cover the Fleck role , especially against a top8 team. Maybe Besic or Osborne are options for Fatfrank next week.

Yeah but if Wolves avoid defeat tomorrow it's only a point off the relegation zone.

EVERYBODY PAAAAANNNIIIIIIIIIC

The comment in the interview about the restaurant booking made me wet my kegs laughing.

Very early days, but a few thoughts:

• Watching players like Vardy, Maddison, Saha, Callum Wilson etc. on MoTD highlights, they look like supermen. Watching them 'live', they're not - they make mistakes like everybody else.

• We're a match for anybody we've met so far in terms of fitness.

• What we're lacking is nous and speed of thought compared to seasoned PL players. That's the difference between playing the decisive, first-time, defence-splitting ball and wanting that extra touch.

But we'll be reight. I've seen enough of the PL to think that we'll do OK. Wilder's still 'finding his feet' at this level and so are the players. We got 1 points out of our first 12 in CW's first season - including a 0-3 defeat at home to Southend. How far we've come.

100% you are so right on all points. Speed of thought is the big one. Get used to that and we'll be fine. Some players will get found out, some will step it up. We'll find out along the way. When we were L1, Leicester were winning the Prem. The progress we've made is phenomenal and I'm pretty certain we'll continue to improve and adapt. These first 3 matches have proved we're not far off.

Also, basically Wilder is a winner...and winners hate defeats...I think he was overdramatic in his Radio Sheff assessment but that's his nature and that's a major part of why he's a successful manager. It's that drive that drives the players and has got us where we are so he can say what he wants as far as I'm concerned 👊 UTB x

Honesty ?

Of course.

Pashun ?

No doubt.

Admitting you picked the wrong fuckin side ?

Not a chance !

That midfield would have got over run in the Championship.

We missed Fleck enormously although his direct replacement did well.

As unpopular as this will be, Norwood is not a PL player. Not even close actually.

I simply can’t be disappointed to lose against a side that was, frankly, a class above for the most part. We of course had our moments, and scored via a great cross and sublime header.

But the midfield area is a concern.

UTB

Honesty ?

Of course.

Pashun ?

No doubt.

Not a chance !

As unpopular as this will be, Norwood is not a PL player. Not even close actually.

I simply can’t be disappointed to lose against a side that was, frankly, a class above for the most part. We of course had our moments, and scored via a great cross and sublime header.

UTB

And so it begins .........

Honesty ?

Of course.

Pashun ?

No doubt.

Not a chance !

UTB

Sober up and come back tomorrow.

Honesty ?

Of course.

Pashun ?

No doubt.

Not a chance !

UTB

Wow, we must have the highest percentage of bi-polar fans ever.

3 games 3 goals and 2 of those from strikers coming off the bench. I can understand us being more defensive minded but it's not like we're missing sitters every week. We need to create for and for me McBurnie has to start if the plan is to go longer.

I agree that McBurnie holds the ball up well in the final third and gives up better possession in the final third.

Honesty ?

Of course.

Pashun ?

No doubt.

Not a chance !

UTB
I don’t think we picked the wrong side, in fact I think we chose the team pretty well. IMO Freeman played the fleck role great and added a lot more offensively than fleck does (I do love fleck btw). I think it was a pretty even game and we nullified their threats quite well (counter attacks)... of course they had their moment as to be expected but we more than held our own at times and really asked questions of what is presumed to be a top 6 team. Norwood brought in the opposite side of play frequently and introduced space (I admit he gave up possesion a few times) but overall I thought he had a decent game. Leicester went down like a sack of shite at many challenges but I feel if the midfield carry on doing what they are, we’ll win (or draw) more than we lose, they pressed at every opportunity and cut out many key players forcing them to play it long.

we played great. we matched the best off the rest. overachiched on what i thought was possible considering how they played Chelsea of the park

but more i think about can see his point. was i being to lenient because they playing so well, we did give the ball away very cheaply 1st half numerous times which was irritating. which cost us the opening goal. as it allowed vardy to get his only run on us. wilder see that as such be 1-1 with Harvey Barnes shot. hes always been tough & doesnt want players to happy to play well get plaudits & lose against anyone

Tbh, we didn’t put a mark on them today, we missed fleck warming their ankles up, but come on it’s early days.

Robinson needs a goal and quick sharpish as he’s had chances and the longer it goes on the worse it’ll get for us.. for me drop him, give him a rest from the pressure that he must be feeling..

Bash has given the ball away in dangerous situations in every game so far. Yesterday we were up against a team that punished us for it. Didn't take long, did it? Welcome to the Premier League

One wonder strike from Barnes and an amazing save by Smicheal was the difference
Very fine margins.
All players get caught out occasionally.
To roast Basham is petty
He's proving he is good enough for this division overall.
Thought we were well worth a share of the spoils today.but hey ho .
But let's stop throwing our. Toys out the pram

In my 50 years of following the Blades , the better managers tend to be the ones who "see" the game as most supporters see it - ie: they are honest + pick out the obvious aspects - NW & DB had this to some extent , but I have never known a manager as honest as CW. From early doors in the first half , the main impression formed by my mates + those around us was that we were unnecesarily giving away possession far too cheaply. Norwood & Egan were guilty on several occasions , but then Egan seemed to improve after they scored. But it took Basham , going on a pointless sideways run (which we were all screaming "you're blocked - get rid" way before he gave the ball meekly away) + gifted their first goal. We simply can't afford to do this in the Prem. I also agree that the Robbinson McGoldrick striker conbination doesn't work coz Robbo is a winger & MGoldrick is a 10. I think Robbo is a good player but I dunno why CW (who doesn't play wingers) bought him , unless he thought he could convert him into a Billy Sharp - but the Prem isn't going to allow time for that.
Once we brought on 2 proper strikers + stopped giving possesion away , we were twice the team in 2nd half + a draw would not have been unfair to Leicester.
So there is little wonder that CW publicly highlighted "the turning over if possession" (in direct conflict with his dressing room instructions) as our first half downfall.
The media then went + misinterpreted his "there's no points for effort" into him somehow suggesting the team lacked effort - he was saying the opposite - they put the effort in , but were too careless in possession. It's nice for the fans to applaud effort , but the manager can't , when failure to follow his instructions leads to unnecessary defeat.

3 games 3 goals and 2 of those from strikers coming off the bench. I can understand us being more defensive minded but it's not like we're missing sitters every week. We need to create for and for me McBurnie has to start if the plan is to go longer.
Let’s hope to Christ that the plan isn’t to go longer. If we start panicking and go down that route we’ll be nailed on relegation fodder and lose everything that we’ve developed over the last 3 seasons. It’s clear the CW wants the team to play football but they need to believe. I suspect that it was the inability to execute the simple things that got him riled.

Let’s hope to Christ that the plan isn’t to go longer. If we start panicking and go down that route we’ll be nailed on relegation fodder and lose everything that we’ve developed over the last 3 seasons. It’s clear the CW wants the team to play football but they need to believe. I suspect that it was the inability to execute the simple things that got him riled.
No chance of "going long" under CW because that style makes every positive pass into a 50/50 ball , or worse , because Prem defenders will just eat those balls up all day long + we'll have even less possession. The CW mantra is possession-based "proper" football + of course it's harder in the Prem to both gain possession + then to keep it. I can't put my finger on why we turned over possession so often in the first half - it wasn't that Leicester were do much better than us at pressing the he ball - we simply gave it away through unforced errors - and their first half goal was literally put on a plate for them by Bash , leaving Egan totally exposed - in fact , Leicester were not good enough to profit as they should have done , from our carelessness with the ball - this would have had CW seething with anger , as he knows carelessness will eventually get punished in the Prem. Second half we improved , especially when he replaced a winger & a 10 with 2 strikers who could worry their defenders. We deservedly equalised and I felt we might grab a barely deserved win , but our good luck from the first half evened out in the second half and their "worldie" second goal deflated us - either a draw or narrow defeat for us was the fair result - but we can't really argue that we "deserved" a draw , after that substandard first half , never mind a win. My conclusion is that we threw away the point which we could have taken if we'd played to our normal standards - it wasn't Leicester that TOOK that point off us - our first half was our own fault - we GAVE Leicester the point we should have taken ...and that will hurt Wilder more than getting dominated by a much superior side eg from the top six (which doesn't include Leicester in my view) - they are as fast moving mid-Prem side with Madison & 2 good strikers , but not top six. Wilder will hate losing to any 'non-top-six' clubs.

Back
Top Bottom