Why we should back Lundstram

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

A completely re-hashed story consisting of previous quotes made months ago by Wilder with added opinion from the Yorkshire Post in the context of our last match.

It's obvious CWAK are 'backing' JL as he is still in the team/squad and there have been 'no offers from anyone' for his services.

This isn't news or a re-affirmation from CW. The only 'scapegoating' is a few idiots on Twitter, etc.

This is 'Sheffield Star' journalism to fill pages, nothing more.

UTB

The answer must be: Because Wilder chooses to play him.

We are backing him aren't we? Who says we ain't?

Because we’re Blades, that’s why.

Lunny was looking for a move away in the break, and presumably he’s hoping to impress some scouts while he’s in the team. The way he’s played up to press, if he’s meant to be “in the shop window” he seems to be more Cash Converters than Harrods.
He needs to get his head sorted and focus on the team now. He’s not a bad squad player at this level, certainly not a standout player.

Looked reyt bothered when he missed that penalty Unhappystram. Hopefully he's no where near the squad on Sunday.

Just had a look at the stats and he had our most touches and second best passing accuracy (bizzarely Baldock's was 20% higher than anyone elses) and most blocked shots. He did put a real shift in

Why?
Because in there is a more than capable Premier League level footballer in there who proved what he could do last season and with a little kick up the arse and a reality check could get back to the form he showed!

I’ll back him, I don’t think he’s lacking effort, but I’ve no idea based on form how’s he’s playing ahead of the likes of Osborn or Norwood to be honest.

Back him when he commits his future to the club. Otherwise he'll just sign a pre-contract with another club in Jan and we'll need to replace him anyway.

I'll back any player who plays for us. I have zero problem with Lunny. He wants a better contract but I don't think for one second he's not trying this season. End of the last season, debatable.

Even if he goes on a free next summer, we're unlikely to get much selling him to Scotland or the Championship. Probably not enough to replace him at the moment. He needs to improve his concentration. When he busts a gut he seems a different player (like when he skinned McGuinn and was fouled).

I have no issue with Lunny, I have an issue with unhappystram as a word when there's clearly better alternatives.
I must have missed sumat here but 'unhappystram' who thought that up, shocking. Should be Lunhappystram, gheit rheight.
He's an ok player at this level, but it's up to him to keep the standard he has set himself and keep to it in order to win a place else where if that's what he wants.

Last edited:
all the bile a hatred aimed at Lunny pisses me off, who says its all about money or he doesn't want to be here? perhaps he wants to start every game and wilder wont guarantee him that? or for location reasons etc

while he pulls on that shirt and puts in a shift he deserves out backing. from all the games I've see hes not exactly strolling around the pitch doing fuck all! Nor is it in his interest to do that if he wants to earn a good move for himself.

Back
Top Bottom