Why are sports interviewers so rubbish these days?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You dont want to anger Wilder,poor owd Leicester Mike it must be like treading on egg shells akin to asking yer bird for a blow job when she is on the rag.

Question 1: Injury updates?

Question 2: Covid disruption?

Question 3: Integrity issue with Premier League with some squads more affected than others?

Question 4: Likelihood of incoming transfers?

Question 5: Harder to attract players with league position?

Question 6: Basham's achievements?

Question 7: What positive influence does he has across the club?

Question 8: Thoughts on Crystal Palace?

Question 9: Do you still see yourself managing in 20 years time?

Question 10: Is the belief there that the gap to 17th isn't as big as it could be?

---

Apart from question 5 all of those are softball questions

I would like Wilder to have had that idea in the last window,ie signing more players that will go straight into the team and improve us.

poor owd Leicester Mike
Nipped in just before me but I'll carry on...
McCarthy, 'so Chris another game any issues?'
Wilder, 'Of course there are issues 2 points from a possible 48 wtf do you think, everything is fine and dandy?'
McCarthy, 'alright then. Any news on the injury front?'
Wilder, 'long term injuries, short term injuries, medium term injuries and if you haven't noticed there's something called Covid doing the rounds, are you an idiot?'
McCarthy, 'ok, McGoldrick seems to be having a better season...'
Wilder, 'yeah but he isn't playing as well this year he's crap, the team is crap and I'm managing them as best as a person can but they're crap.'
McCarthy,' So we're....'
Wilder, ' you're crap, did I say you're crap with your dumb inane questions.'
McCarthy, 'back to the studio after those positive messages from the manager of Sheffield United.'

Is it good to have a cup run
Tell us about Plymouth and respect for their manager
Injuries
What's it like being an underdog

FFS what a waste of time

I guess it's difficult with the disappointing season and us struggling to improve the squad. He doesn't want to say a lot about player or team performances, nor give much away in terms of tactics or team selection for the game ahead. Maybe it's for the best.

For a fan of the game though, I agree, not much to learn from these at the moment

I guess it's difficult with the disappointing season and us struggling to improve the squad. He doesn't want to say a lot about player or team performances, nor give much away in terms of tactics or team selection for the game ahead. Maybe it's for the best.

For a fan of the game though, I agree, not much to learn from these at the moment

It's not Wilder I have an issue with here, rather the interviewer was absolutely pathetic with the questions

He’s getting off incredibly lightly with these interviews. After that Tottenham performance, the questions should have made for an entirety frosty atmosphere. But no, I too would like to know which member of Boyzone Chris most identifies with.

He’s getting off incredibly lightly with these interviews. After that Tottenham performance, the questions should have made for an entirety frosty atmosphere. But no, I too would like to know which member of Boyzone Chris most identifies with.

I think they actually pity him. It's embarrassing.

Agree, tho imagine banging them questions out at CW, then at the next days presser putting your hand up and expecting him to come to you?!

Too molly coddled, not just us tho

Also said for years refs should come out 30 mins after a game to explain their reasons for a decision, not that we have to agree, but if one came out and said ‘in real time and with bodies in front of me I just couldn’t see it, and as such couldn’t give it’
Least you would have an understanding and respect for him
Instead of leaving asap like the git reffing Chelsea - Luton when Nathan Jones went looking for an explanation re the two balls on the pitch. Bit like politicians, fuckin teflon.

You dont want to anger Wilder,poor owd Leicester Mike it must be like treading on egg shells akin to asking yer bird for a blow job when she is on the rag.
Asking for a blowie when the decorators are in shows a level of empathy for my money😈😊

Have you heard footballers and football managers talk though? Whilst I take the many point already raised regarding journos keeping access routes open by not offering challenging questions and mucho matey matey-ness, in general football interviews are the most fucking boring thing on earth, laden with pathetic cliches and Ron Managerisms...you can prod and poke a football person as much as you like and you're still gonna hear the same drivel 99% of the time about the fucking lads and games of two halves and we go a-fucking-gain, etc etc.

The players responses to every question is the text book thick as pig shit response. My personal favorite is "Yea no defiantly "

That Sam matterface winds me up ..Every sentence is overstated with lashings of cheese

It doesn't help the club put out the Radio Sheffield interviews on the official media.

With Giddings/Adam Oxley:

Screenshot_20210206_132406.jpg

With Ian Abraham's/Everyone else:

Screenshot_20210206_132456.jpg

It's all one big choreographed dance. Football needs the media and media needs football. Keeping it in the forefront, gaining most attention without upsetting either side is what it's all about. Football doesn't want to disclose anything significant to rivals, media want just enough to keep the punters interested. All parties know what's required, where the limits are and do their dance accordingly. Pundits are paid up members of the union, criticise according to the script but dont go too far, which is why Lineker, Shearer, Merson, Morrison at al toe the line of, he was clever there; rather than he dived the cheating git.

The problem is tv press conferences.
After a day’s work do you have to face a bunch of fuckwits asking inane questions in front of the cameras ?
Football managers do. Similar things happen in other sports but performers in the wider world of entertainment generally eg actors, pop stars don’t do it.

The tv broadcasters have to find photogenic and politically correct people to ask the questions. Ability and knowledge of football isn’t their main priority. Hence the situation we have today.

The last thing I want to see is Piers Morgan type interviewing of football managers. They are football people not professional debaters ,I absolutely hate that kind of interviewing and you hardly ever find anymore out. A manager will tell you what he wants to tell ,no need for some wank journalist to make a name for themselves.

Back
Top Bottom