Who will the players be voting for in the election?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bricktop

Reaction score
Any guesses.

John Fleck I would bet the SNP if he was registered to vote in a Scottish Constituency.

I find it hard to believe as a Scouser, either Lunny or JOC would vote for anything other than Labour. I’d also make an educated guess that Bash is pretty left wing as well.

I would also imagine most of the rest of the squad would vote Tory

Any guesses.

John Fleck I would bet the SNP if he was registered to vote in a Scottish Constituency.

I find it hard to believe as a Scouser, either Lunny or JOC would vote for anything other than Labour. I’d also make an educated guess that Bash is pretty left wing as well.

The point of this thread is what exactly?

Who gives a fuck.

Some of us neither judge nor care less which major party people vote for.

Only some of those on General Chat choose to judge people's morals and intelligence based on this.

Just starting a topical discussion for a bit of fun. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I dipped my toe in to the water on the General Election thread the other night and to be honest I don’t understand why some folk get so wound up about it. Especially when they get posed difficult question they can’t really answer or when they have different facts pointed out to them but hey ho. It’s each to their own isn’t it

Only some of those on General Chat choose to judge people's morals and intelligence based on this.

Surely the one thing you can judge from a person's political bias are their morals because if you don't vote in line with your personal values, what are you doing?

EDIT: Anyway, to answer the OP's question, I'd hazard a guess that quite a lot don't vote.

There's some interesting statistics on the Yougov site about voting intention ranked by age and education, but I couldn't find anything about the demographics of non-voters. I would guess at the 18 - 30 male age group with low educational attainment would have quite a large proportion of non-voters but interested to see the stats.

Last edited:

Footballers must be in the top 2 - 3% of earners in the UK.

If you really think they are going to vote for a party that has openly said that taxes will rise for those earning over £80k per year, then you want your bumps feeling.

If football players are interested enough to vote in this election they'll have to ask their agent who they should be voting for. I mean they have to ask them about everything else. :D

If you really think they are going to vote for a party that has openly said that taxes will rise for those earning over £80k per year, then you want your bumps feeling.
Scousers though. They’ll vote Tory but tell everyone they voted labour. Then they’ll nick your wheels whilst telling you that Liverpool is the best city in the world although they don’t live there and Stevie G’s a great lad not in any way connected with skag dealing gangsters or owt like that, la.

Surely the one thing you can judge from a person's political bias are their morals because if you don't vote in line with your personal values, what are you doing?

EDIT: Anyway, to answer the OP's question, I'd hazard a guess that quite a lot don't vote.

There's some interesting statistics on the Yougov site about voting intention ranked by age and education, but I couldn't find anything about the demographics of non-voters. I would guess at the 18 - 30 male age group with low educational attainment would have quite a large proportion of non-voters but interested to see the stats.

When it comes to personal friends and colleagues, some of the most caring decent people I know admit to having voted Tory.

Some staunch Labour are utterly selfish and wouldn't give anyone the snot off the their nose.

I don't automatically judge character based on voting preferences unless its extremist.

When it comes to personal friends and colleagues, some of the most caring decent people I know admit to having voted Tory.

Some staunch Labour are utterly selfish and wouldn't give anyone the snot off the their nose.

I don't automatically judge character based on voting preferences unless its extremist.

Thanks for clearing that one up for us.

Just starting a topical discussion for a bit of fun. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I dipped my toe in to the water on the General Election thread the other night and to be honest I don’t understand why some folk get so wound up about it. Especially when they get posed difficult question they can’t really answer or when they have different facts pointed out to them but hey ho. It’s each to their own isn’t it

You were annoyed because people who called Abbott out weren't calling Johnson out, whilst you were calling Johnson out whilst denying the evidence claims against Abbott.

You got the answer but you just didn't like the answer.

No surprise to see you drag politics into Blades Chat though. It is bad enough the resident troll does it.

I see the point but not everyone votes out of naked self-interest though. After all there are plenty of normal folk that plan to vote Tory even though that is going to make them worse off.

Forwards- Tory voters. Selfish and ruthless.
Defenders- Labour voters. Solidarity to the end.
Midfielders- Independent voters. Mavericks who often think they're better than they are.
Goalie- green voters. Love throwing themselves around on the grass.

Any guesses.

I reckon Wilder gets the votes.

Any guesses.

I think Mousset will abstain. He just has that 'don't care' look about him...

blade too long and Gulpy will be down at Shirecliffe all week electioneering on behalf of their respective parties. You never know, they might see this thread and venture away from ‘General Chat’ and talk about something vaguely football related.

At least you've confirmed you're a snide.

Look forward to see you judging our players and our managers best mate based on this.

I think it is fairly clear who our managers best mate will be voting for. Funny you should mention it I actually said a quhello to him yesterday at Carrow Road, he is probably the polar opposite to me politically mind, and I would be surprised if our manager doesn’t share a similar place on the political compass as his best mate.

Not necessarily. Depends on their balance of morals / need of the money.
I wouldn't necessarily vote against a party who would put my tax up, if I was convinced it would be used wisely and with a definite advantage for the country.

Jeremy Corbyn's last tax statement showed his earnings as £ 140 K. who will he vote for ?

Not just uk politics , world politics is in such a mess ,obviously not stating here who I would vote for but I don't think there's a decent leader or opposition leader anywhere in the world least of all in the uk everything I believe in is contradicted by one party or another or 1 leader or another most voters in the uk I assume either have no real ideas who to vote for based on previous principles or just dint care even though this is probably the most important election in generations .
UTB NBM

Surely they'll all be voting for The Brexit Party.

We are the Brexit club after all :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom