Who to partner Mousset?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bill Johnson

Reaction score
Does anyone think we have that player already, or Mousset will play as a lone striker?
If no then who

Personally speaking OM, but Wilder has now got a nice problem developing, who to leave out.

Another factor will be, will he be brave enough to play 2 up front, away from home?

I am making a big assumption here that we sign McBurnie, then I think our starting strike partnership will be McBurnie alongside Robinson or Sharp.

• Banned
Personally speaking OM, but Wilder has now got a nice problem developing, who to leave out.

Another factor will be, will he be brave enough to play 2 up front, away from home?

I would be ecstatic with McBurrnie or Maupay.

I doubt Mousset will be given the ROLE as solo. He's too inexperienced and we don't want to ask too much too soon IMO.

Saw on the Bournmouth forum that Mousset didn’t look good when playing for them as loan striker

But playing in a pair apparently he looked really good, just no final product.

As things stand, Lys isn’t in the starting line up.

Our best front 3 is Dids in the 10 with Sharp and Robinson up top.

This will be regularly rotated and not used at all in away games and against the top teams, where we will mostly go with one 10 and one striker, and use the extra man in a more DM role.

McBurnie may change this, but that’s how I see it right now.

UTB

I struggle to see Mousset starting regularly to be honest if we sign McBurnie. I'm fairly sure McGoldrick and Robinson will be regulars.

It would be a bit of a joke for him if he ends up bench warming again. First team football is surely the entire point of moving here.

Saw on the Bournmouth forum that Mousset didn’t look good when playing for them as loan striker

But playing in a pair apparently he looked really good, just no final product.
So he plays with sharp then.

So he plays with sharp then.

Probably yes...if we buy Maupay (which I doubt) then I see him as another Sharp poacher’ type

Whereas Mousset, McBurnie and McGoldrick have more to their game than just finishing.

Who knows what role Wilder has for them.
I do think he’s conscious that we might be defending to need pace on the break and we know Mousset and Robinson are quick.

I wouldn't start Mousset, but for that price we have to. McGoldrick alongside him for me

I wouldn't start Mousset, but for that price we have to. McGoldrick alongside him for me
Price shouldn't matter, but it is quite obvious that Wilder has faith in Mousset if he's willing to pay that much money, so I think we can assume he's going to start in the first couple games. Let's see how he performs and go from there.

Price shouldn't matter, but it is quite obvious that Wilder has faith in Mousset if he's willing to pay that much money, so I think we can assume he's going to start in the first couple games. Let's see how he performs and go from there.
yeah I meant that if we're signing him for so much money, he must be a starter

I really dont think weve spent 10m for a player that isnt going to start.

At the minute I would say Didsy. He was unplayable towards the end of the season, and looks in the same sort of form pre season just missing the finishing

Suddenly, and not for a staggering amount of expense, our attacking options are vastly improved!

Sharp
McGoldrick
Robinson
Freeman
Morrison
Mousset
👀🤟🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻

I really dont think weve spent 10m for a player that isnt going to start.
I don’t think that he is an automatic starter and if we continue with our current main formation then I would expect Billy to start the first few games and see how we get on. Mousset will probably get 29-25 minutes at the end of those games.
Wilder will also use these games to assess the squad and how our style of play suits the Premier League. It wouldn’t surprise me if we see a change of formation to a) cope with the Premier League and b) play to the strengths of the players he has bought.
Remember when he first came here we played with a flat back 4 until he realized the players he had were best suited to a 5.
Luckily CWAK are smart cookies and have the knowledge and ability to change things.
Forget the price we have paid, in the Premier League that price buys you a squad player

I don’t think that he is an automatic starter and if we continue with our current main formation then I would expect Billy to start the first few games and see how we get on. Mousset will probably get 29-25 minutes at the end of those games.
Wilder will also use these games to assess the squad and how our style of play suits the Premier League.

Totally agree, Wilder always goes on about it being a squad game.

However he is different from many other managers.
Mousset was sub at Bournmouth and was brought on around the 85 minute mark.
Some managers always leave their substitutions even later.

However as we’ve seen Wilder prefers a high tempo pressing game and some players can’t do it for 90 minutes.
So Wilder regularly makes his subs on 60 minutes or even at half time.

So being a sub under Wilder isn’t as bad as it is at other clubs.
A substitute under Wilder is still likely to see plenty of game time.

Wilder will also use these games to assess the squad and how our style of play suits the Premier League. It wouldn’t surprise me if we see a change of formation to a) cope with the Premier League and b) play to the strengths of the players he has bought.
Remember when he first came here we played with a flat back 4 until he realized the players he had were best suited to a 5.
Luckily CWAK are smart cookies and have the knowledge and ability to change things.
Forget the price we have paid, in the Premier League that price buys you a squad player

A PL squad player, but also a top Championship striker should the worst happen.

Back
Top Bottom