Who else was unable to get there today???

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

djbaldken

Reaction score
I knew it was going to be busy today so i set off early from just outside Huddersfield. A 12 45 start would normally get me to my parking spot just off St Mary s Gate by 1 30.
At 1 15 I hit the tailback of traffic at the Prince of Wales turnoff on the Parkway. By 2 40 I had barely got beyond The Midland station. Here Id been stationary for over ten minutes. By this time I realised my parking spot would be long gone and finding another be a long and pointless task. So reluctantly I did a U turn . The resulting journey back to the M1 took just ten minutes compared to the previous hour and a half inbound one!
I m guessing by kick off a large number of supporters would not have arrived and wonder just how many like me turned around and went home? First time in 50 years of support I have never got to ground for any reason at all.

I knew it was going to be busy today so i set off early from just outside Huddersfield. A 12 45 start would normally get me to my parking spot just off St Mary s Gate by 1 30.
At 1 15 I hit the tailback of traffic at the Prince of Wales turnoff on the Parkway. By 2 40 I had barely got beyond The Midland station. Here Id been stationary for over ten minutes. By this time I realised my parking spot would be long gone and finding another be a long and pointless task. So reluctantly I did a U turn . The resulting journey back to the M1 took just ten minutes compared to the previous hour and a half inbound one!
I m guessing by kick off a large number of supporters would not have arrived and wonder just how many like me turned around and went home? First time in 50 years of support I have never got to ground for any reason at all.

Chin up mate. At least we won.

PS wasn't the reason you were late the traffic? :eek:)

It was a terrible decision from either the moving in people, appartantly something called the forge. They knew the fixtures from mid June. So had a 3 months of advance warning or on fixture questionaire we can ask to be away on this date. Like many teams do. Ie Cheltenham FC/Cheltenham festival & Liverpool/Everton & Grand National

But that game shouldve been delayed til 3.15pm. When majority were in & wouldnt have disrupted those that did having to get up. But hey i dont know the all the factors. So might be something i dont know. Also this was the kop at 2.15pm never seen it so empty with 45mins to Kick Off
20180922_141527.jpg

You come in the wrong way. You need to turn off the Parkway and come in that way. Easy peasy, although not so easy today!

There are so many student flats round the Lane now we can’t allow a home match to clash with the student moving in day. We arrived in the ground at ten past 3 after having to park miles away. With more student accommodation expected in the area we should be requesting an away game for that day. It isn’t rocket science

Left Chesterfield at 12.45
Parked up near Heeley City Farm at 1.10.
Walked to chippy on Shoreham Street then killed an hour. Never saw any traffic issues until half way down Shoreham St.
Got in ground at 2.40, hardly a soul in there.

I missed the first two minutes of the game thanks to a jobsworth steward who wouldn't let me through the side gate - I have a post-operation wedge under my left arm - unless "someone in a white bib gives you permission." A shout down John Street for "anybody (to) put on a white bib so I can get in before kick-off" eventually bore fruit in the form of a woman in a white not-quite-high-viz waistcoat. I perhaps shouldn't have said that the jobsworth steward was "acting like a dickhead."

Left Chesterfield at 12.45
Parked up near Heeley City Farm at 1.10.
Walked to chippy on Shoreham Street then killed an hour. Never saw any traffic issues until half way down Shoreham St.
Got in ground at 2.40, hardly a soul in there.

Yeah but how many people from Chesterfield go to University?

It was well publicised that there would be delays ,just set off earlier ,I did by 30 mins ,took me 10 mins longer than usual ,got my usual spot and managed an extra pint and a pie. Winner winner meat pie dinner.

Took us 2 plus hours from Doncaster. Made good time up to ASDA at Handsworth, but from there to Ponds Forge took a long time. In fact traffic seemed to be turning right at the roundabout at the Granville Rd/Queens Rd.

It was a terrible decision from either the moving in people, appartantly something called the forge. They knew the fixtures from mid June. So had a 3 months of advance warning or on fixture questionaire we can ask to be away on this date. Like many teams do. Ie Cheltenham FC/Cheltenham festival & Liverpool/Everton & Grand National

Nothing to do with The Forge, which is just a private block of student accommodation. Students were turning up today because term stays on Monday. University's term dates are planned years in advance.

Left Cheshire at 1pm, arrived in Sheffield at 2:35pm, parked up and was in the ground at about 2:50pm.

Usually takes about an hour and 10 minutes to get to where we park.

I was stuck on the tram coming down Norfolk Park for what seemed like ages and we were packed in like sardines (didn't seem to be many trams moving) Got off the tram at Granville road and traffic was just standing in every direction got to the ground at 2.40 after setting off from Halfway at 1.00pm. MY mate told me there was hardly anyone inside at 2.30pm just crazy today.

I don’t understand that tbh.

You can park in lots of places for free within 10 mins walk of the ground.

It was busy today as freshers were in town. But to drive all the way from Hudders and then turn round and go home when you are 10 mins away from the ground with 20 mins to spare? That’s odd to me!

Left Worksop at 1:15 got in our seats at 2:23

19 miles = 2+ hours :eek:

Nowt else to do so stuck it out :)

Luckily, dropped in an empty spot just off St Marys Gate :p
Train has worked well for Worksop Blades since time immemorial

Horrid on the trams as well. One had broken down near Granville Road which was just adding to the chaos around town. I squeezed onto one which was 30 minutes late so absolutely rammed. A normal 20 minute journey into town took around 45, in dangerously cramped conditions. I don't know if anyone else noticed this as well but town itself seemed absolutely mental with pedestrians/shoppers, even more so than usual on a Saturday.
Luckily we hit our seats just as the first ball was kicked. Needed a blood sit down by then though!

Got to my seat at 2:20 in an almost deserted stadium which was strange but saw the traffic as I left the train station so wasn’t too surprised!!.
Only just got home though after a nightmare journey!!. My train at 17:40 was cancelled and also the 18:40 direct to Liverpool. Ended up getting a really busy train to Manchester only to find no trains to Liverpool due to strike action when I got there!!. Ended up having to spend £55 on a taxi to Warrington and then my wife picked me up from there and a 25 car journey finally home. UTB

Back
Top Bottom