Where's the optimism?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

knowsnowt

Get to fuck!
Reaction score
Seems like an awful lot of negativity on here atm. We were finishing the season quite strong then finished at a canter as champions. Some seem to be forgetting that. You could also argue we've strengthened if you're an out and out optimist. ;)
Cheer up lads. It'll be reyt. :)

Seems like an awful lot of negativity on here atm. We were finishing the season quite strong then finished at a canter as champions. Some seem to be forgetting that. You could also argue we've strengthened if you're an out and out optimist. ;)

Can we all please stop attempting to impose some kind of Stalinesque censorship on here . If i want to whinge , bitch , moan and blub like a big babby I will thank you very much .

i think its more realism. because as put we are going into a tough league middlesboro spent 40m, villa & Newcastle spent 65m & 80m. then derby 45m last 2 yrs that without high profile free signings. & i think weve spent 50m in 30yrs

i think we are being positive in thinking 12 - 14th & that we can match wednesday in derbies

coolhandluke needs to re-read the OP. There's not the slightest suggestion of any "Stalinesque censorship", all it amounts to is one poster's view that there's too much negativity. The OP hasn't suggested that anyone should do anything other than perhaps lighten the overall mood. How that can be construed as Stalinist escapes me.

I don't think the mood is that bad around here.

From what I've seen, the general consensus seems to be (very) cautious optimism - with the odd outliers as to be expected.

I expect us to have a solid mid table season, with the outside chance of a flirt with the playoffs. For a team that has spent 6 years in league one I'd say that's a positive outlook!

I wouldn't say there was to much negativity. It's actually refreshing not to see people getting carried away.

It's going to be a tough season for sure, last thing I want to see is people calling for Wilders head after 10 games because we aren't in the playoff places!

It’s only natural that people will be slightly pessimistic considering our fortunes since exiting the Prem.

Add to that the almost complete lack of promised investment then what do you expect.

The main thing keeping me slightly optimistic regardless of the above is the best manager we have had in a long time who can hopefully pull the rabbit out of the hat again.

I feel very optimistic. We have come up with a great spine to our team and something that £50 million can't buy, a cameraderie and team spirit that turns losses into draws and draws into wins.

Rather than spunking moneh, I am hoping Chris has made astute signings that will add to that team. Carlos showed last year spending £10 million on a striker guarantees nowt!

We have a fantastic manager with a proven record at every club he has been at, I am thinking two derby wins and a top 6 assault as the divisions suprise package.

Come on you Wizaaaaaaaaaaards!

It's the Sheffield way. Optimism doesn't feature in the genetic make up of this fair city.

However, just seen that Rangers thread on Porktalk on the advice of a poster above.

:):):)

Brilliant read if you haven't been on. They allowed Rangers to play in their home kit, came out to Penny Arcade and gave them the North stand!! Hahahahaha!! TINPOT.

It's going to be a tough season for sure, last thing I want to see is people calling for Wilders head after 10 games because we aren't in the playoff places!
"Playoff places!" "Play off places!"
If we're not in autos after FOUR games, it's car park time :mad:

;)

I was full of optimism until I read that Aitor Karanka had us down for a relegation battle, and it's rather taken the wind out of my sails.

I'm just sick of the pigs spouting shite about it being too tough a league for us and we'll be down by Christmas like they're some sort of seasoned campaigners. Wasn't that long ago that they were an absolute pile of shite.
They're always banging on about the gulf between Championship and League 1 and I always tell them that it can't be that hard if their fucking shambles can finish top 6.
I'm optimistic. I think we'll finish mid-table but there is always the possibility that the great team spirit and Wilders infectious enthusiasm might make us a surprise package.
Back to back promotions anyone? :)
Personally I'd be ecstatic to finish above that lot from S6

I was full of optimism until I read that Aitor Karanka had us down for a relegation battle, and it's rather taken the wind out of my sails.
I wouldn't take what that Karanka says as gospel!!. He's a clueless prick as he showed last season with the smoggies!. He doesn't know anything about us as a club!!. We've got a fantastic manager and I'm quietly optimistic that we'll be reyt enough next season!. I M O.

I wouldn't take what that Karanka says as gospel!!. He's a clueless prick as he showed last season with the smoggies!. He doesn't know anything about us as a club!!. We've got a fantastic manager and I'm quietly optimistic that we'll be reyt enough next season!. I M O.
Methinks Bath Blade might have been taking the piss a little :)

I'm just sick of the pigs spouting shite about it being too tough a league for us and we'll be down by Christmas like they're some sort of seasoned campaigners. Wasn't that long ago that they were an absolute pile of shite.
They're always banging on about the gulf between Championship and League 1 and I always tell them that it can't be that hard if their fucking shambles can finish top 6.
I'm optimistic. I think we'll finish mid-table but there is always the possibility that the great team spirit and Wilders infectious enthusiasm might make us a surprise package.
Back to back promotions anyone? :)
Personally I'd be ecstatic to finish above that lot from S6

They're just frightened is all. They've had six years to put 'clear blue water' between the pigs and us and have failed. Now they can see we're on the up, their manager will be gone by September, our crowds will match theirs and we're on a roll they're shitting it.

Great fun to be had on Porktalk. They're whining about those nasty Rangers taking over Hillsborough. Diddums. Sounds like the 50 or so piggies who waited until ten minutes before KO at the last derby at BDTBL before attacking women, kiddies and old people.

If you're looking for optimism it's over here! For the first time in a while our club is on a sound footing with the perfect man in charge of football matters. We're moving in the right direction and irrespective of where we finish this coming season I know that we are doing the right things.

The one thing we lack now is a level of investment that can see us realistically compete for promotion to the PL. We can survive without that in the short term in order to achieve our immediate ambitions but that will need to be addressed by this time next year if we have stayed up in a respectable position.

In the meantime I am very excited about the new season and am anticipating it with no fear. I expect results to be a mixed bag and will not get carried away if we start quickly or slowly. We have a decent squad with improving depth. We'll be fine, it's football at the end of the day, not anything important. Let's just enjoy it.

My bubble has been well and truly burst,Stearman is no good,the new goalie is no good,Lundstram is no good,bar Billy our strikers are no good,Freeman is unfit and has returned with a Billy big bollocks attitude,Duffy hes no good,in fact we have only got one good player and that is a young lad who has never started a league game but is worth between £10 and £20 million

Relegated before Christmas

coolhandluke needs to re-read the OP. There's not the slightest suggestion of any "Stalinesque censorship", all it amounts to is one poster's view that there's too much negativity. The OP hasn't suggested that anyone should do anything other than perhaps lighten the overall mood. How that can be construed as Stalinist escapes me.

Ok comradski :)

My bubble has been well and truly burst,Stearman is no good,the new goalie is no good,Lundstram is no good,bar Billy our strikers are no good,Freeman is unfit and has returned with a Billy big bollocks attitude,Duffy hes no good,in fact we have only got one good player and that is a young lad who has never started a league game but is worth between £10 and £20 million

Relegated before Christmas

Hanson is no good. Ched is injured, and no good. Clarke is no good. Moore is injured and a bit no good. KM is milking us. CW didn't want Ched because he is no good but had to have him or KM would kill his dog. Thomas is from the fourth division, so no good. All the other players who were good are all probably no good now.

Relegated before autumn.

Hanson is no good. Ched is injured, and no good. Clarke is no good. Moore is injured and a bit no good. KM is milking us. CW didn't want Ched because he is no good but had to have him or KM would kill his dog. Thomas is from the fourth division, so no good. All the other players who were good are all probably no good now.

Relegated before autumn.

Brayford has split the dressing room over beard dye, the Prince is selling cd's and cheap jewellery in Benidorm to pay the £1.5m a year in rent to KMc and the beer and pies will still be shite.

Season ticket card not arrived. Not bothered.

You can tell things are bad when none of the snowflakes on the Kop are moaning about knee room.......

I thought at the end of last season we were all very sagely and sensibly agreeing that "18th's a good finish", "Season of consolidation" etc etc.

So when people are playing down our chances and saying they're concerned we can't compete againdr massive spenders in this league we get all this "negativity, constant moaning, want Wilder sacked after 10 games" rubbish.

I thought at the end of last season we were all very sagely and sensibly agreeing that "18th's a good finish", "Season of consolidation" etc etc.

Some of us said similar, but a worryingly large amount of people said back to back promotion / playoffs.

Maybe the quality of some of the players in this division has dawned on one or two and the fact we haven't brought in Messi and Ronaldo might just help give a sense of realism. Brentford is an ideal first marker.; a decent footballing side who have been in and around the playoffs for a few seasons. At 5.00pm on Saturday we will have a much better idea what we are in for (and I know 'one swallow doesn't make a summer').

Some of us said similar, but a worryingly large amount of people said back to back promotion / playoffs.

Maybe the quality of some of the players in this division has dawned on one or two and the fact we haven't brought in Messi and Ronaldo might just help give a sense of realism. Brentford is an ideal first marker.; a decent footballing side who have been in and around the playoffs for a few seasons. At 5.00pm on Saturday we will have a much better idea what we are in for (and I know 'one swallow doesn't make a summer').

Who on here has even remotely mentioned any player near the calibre of Messi or Ronaldo?

Who on here has even remotely mentioned any player near the calibre of Messi or Ronaldo?

I used a grammatical device called 'hyperbole' or exaggeration for effect.

Apologies if everything has to 100% literal so thanks for bringing my silly error to the board's attention.

Back
Top Bottom