Where would this squad come in the championship

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hopefully the core of the squad can be built back up mentally and helped with some shrewd signings, throwing silly money around to try and bounce back up immediately could land the club in a world of shit.

I was merely giving a swift reminder out that we aren’t going to get promotion or do aswell as some people think, you don’t just flick a switch and everything is hunky dory, sometimes you have to be realistic. The football we’ve witnessed this season would make a Bassett side look like a Peps Barca team, that doesn’t change overnight, it’s going to take a lot of hard work, something I’m not sure some in this squad are capable of.

yes it can go some ways sunderland & wolves have gone like that, but they way that this team keeps coming back time after time. im sure we will be fine. norwich couldnt have been worse they lost their remaining 10 having scored 1 conceded 24. they have snapped back its not perfect. defeats v luton & derby but they in a month turned it around.

im sure with the fans back because they seemingly need us to play that high tempo, & with wilder still there we will be fine

yes it can go some ways sunderland & wolves have gone like that, but they way that this team keeps coming back time after time. im sure we will be fine. norwich couldnt have been worse they lost their remaining 10 having scored 1 conceded 24. they have snapped back its not perfect. defeats v luton & derby but they in a month turned it around.

im sure with the fans back because they seemingly need us to play that high tempo, & with wilder still there we will be fine
I hope you’re reyt mate, I really do.

Some are getting ahead of themselves, we scrapped past a bottom half league one side with a full strength team out, I know it’s the cup but fuck me, we’ve a long way to go to being a top 6 side next year, a very long way.

There are some underachieving, big clubs in the Championship, just like ourselves who could come good at any time, I’d say it’s one of the hardest leagues in the world to get promoted from, we need to sort ourselves out in house before we even think about a promotion push next year.
not proving hard for the 3 relegated clubs last season 🤔

On current showing you’d have to say there will be 2 sides relegated with us who finish higher than us this season so would probably be the favourites to come back up.

As for the sides currently in the Championship, Norwich, Bournemouth, Watford and possibly Brentford.

The problem we face however is getting relegated on such a low points total could cause one hell of a hangover that could run into next season, we’ve seen it happen with other teams and that for me is one of the main reasons we can’t write off this season and we have to try to kick on in the second half of the season.
That’s what happened to Huddersfield

This is the Blades we’re talking about mate. 🤣
yes i know it is and get your point just think theres such a big gap in quality between the premier league and championship as is being proved this season we will need 4 or 5 additions but still think most of this squad especially the strikers are good enough to get us in the top 6 midfield is the main concern think were gonna need 3 good signings in that area and as i keep banging on about which i apologise for hopefully a different formation

I think the advantage we have is that our players are not so good that other clubs would want to lavish money on them that would make much financial sense for us to shove out the door.

So rather than be ravaged upon relegation we should have a squad which is at least better than the one that was good enough to secure 2nd spot.

Depends on which squad turns up. This season's version or last season that finished 9th.
Last season’s version in dead.... Lunny and O’Connell will be gone and Norwood, Enda and Fleck are yesterday’s men.....We need a fresh start and so do they. On the whole I think Chris’s recruitment will be bang on next season. It’s so difficult to try and blend a team of rookie youngsters in the white hot glare of the Premier league. The Championship will be more forgiving....

I think the advantage we have is that our players are not so good that other clubs would want to lavish money on them that would make much financial sense for us to shove out the door.

So rather than be ravaged upon relegation we should have a squad which is at least better than the one that was good enough to secure 2nd spot.
think your right there only egan and berge will be of any interest to premier league clubs imo hopefully if they do go we bring 4 or 5 good additions in

Back
Top Bottom