Where to watch Swansea game

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

idleurchin

International Arm Stealer
Reaction score
Howdy.

Back in Sheffield in this Saturday and should be done in time to watch the game play on TV.

Just after some suggestions where to watch it please.

Thank you in advance.

Yours truly,

Idleurchin

Every single pub that has sky.

For atmosphere try London Rd

I'm probably stating the obvious here but it's on Sky; many pubs will be showing it. There'll be streams all over the internet, but that's illegal so
you shouldn't do that.

Howdy.

Back in Sheffield in this Saturday and should be done in time to watch the game play on TV.

Just after some suggestions where to watch it please.

Thank you in advance.

Yours truly,

Idleurchin

Clubhouse on London Road. Plenty of tellies, good beer and good grub.

Clubhouse (London Road), The Ball (Crookes), Sports shack (Eccy Road) or Champs (Eccy Road)

Champs is shut for a refurb until the beginning of March (I think).

Ah really, thought it had only recently been done. I know the S6 one has shut/changed to something else, maybe they've gone under.

Broomhill Tavern usually have the match on, also The Old Crown on London Road, big Blades boozer.

Just commenting here, coz there’s loads of places mentioned on here that I want to check out next time I’m back in Sheff. Cheers everyone.

I’ll be getting up at 5am to watch it in bed to watch it “live” a few hours after it finishes. Proper pleasure to watch united these past few seasons, no matter the time.

Yes, I'm aware it's on Sky and yes, I'm also aware this means any pub with Sky in Sheffield will probably be showing it.

Was just after recommendations of places that may stand out. Good atmosphere, beer, food etc etc.

Sarky bastards ;-)

Does the Banner Cross still have the upstairs big screen? Always decent ale!
Yes - but depends if they have a function on, sometimes only on downstairs, but both sides of bars and tons of screens. Can get very busy.

I'm probably stating the obvious here but it's on Sky; many pubs will be showing it. There'll be streams all over the internet, but that's illegal so
you shouldn't do that.

Not many in city centre will. I know forum/common room don’t show Blades games

Yes, I'm aware it's on Sky and yes, I'm also aware this means any pub with Sky in Sheffield will probably be showing it.

Was just after recommendations of places that may stand out. Good atmosphere, beer, food etc etc.

Sarky bastards ;-)

"Just after some suggestions where to watch it please."

:rolleyes:

I normally stop off at the Penny black, Farm road club or the Lord Nelson before I get my train for the sole reason that they have Sky. They should all have the game on. There should be a fair few on London road and West Street.

Sarky bastards ;-)

Which area of Sheffield are you thinking mate and i'm sure you'd get some better recommendations?

Ah really, thought it had only recently been done. I know the S6 one has shut/changed to something else, maybe they've gone under.

The same guy used to have both the Champs but has given them back to the pubco's and has opened Sports Shack on Eccy Road.

Not sure why the one on Eccy Road is shut but long story short is that the Champs are both now owned by different pubco's. Punch Taverns still have the Eccy Road one but the one at Hillsborough is now owned by Heineken.

Punch own the Champs brand name so the one at Hillsborough will have to have a rebrand/name change to something else hence why it's currently shut.

I know The Common Room don't show local games but think most of the others should do as long as it's not the Derby game.

Molly Malones or Fire Pit Rocks on West Street are pretty decent for Sport.

I know The Common Room don't show local games but think most of the others should do as long as it's not the Derby game.

Molly Malones or Fire Pit Rocks on West Street are pretty decent for Sport.

Have they cleaned the shit houses out in Molly’s? Last time I was in it stunk disgusting.

Back
Top Bottom