Where are they now Pt 334

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm very happy to say the SUFC Academy player I have enjoyed watching the most is Diego. A local lad, in a red n white shirt, putting opponents on their arse, running them ragged, scoring for fun - joyful. At times it was ridiculous.

Danny04 asked me some questions for his David Brooks Vox Pop piece for The Star...
"Is he (Brooks) the most technically gifted young United player you've seen?"
Nope - Diego.

I know he didn't/hasn't made it with us.
I know he's playing at a lower level.
I know he divided opinion.
But, I loved it - week in, week out.

(ps George Hirst - serious talent)

What went wrong for him Phil?

I'm very rarely ITK when it comes to Blades matters, but I have it on good authority that Ramsdale was on £19,000 a year at SUFC. Bournemouth offered him £300,000 a year on a four year contract, making him a millionaire overnight, regardless of whether or not he goes on to have a successful career as a professional footballer. I think I it's very obvious why young players like that make the move, most of us would do the same.

Not quite. After tax, he will earn £169,676.48 per annum. Nice money but not in the millionaire category.

Enough for a Range Rover with a decent set of alloys though;)

What went wrong for him Phil?
I don't know. He's one of thousands isn't he? I'll associate myself with many of the previous posts. You've got to be driven. You've got to want it. Only a Beckham will be a Beckham.
His injury didn't help. He didn't shine in his First Team games. Isolated out on the wing. And that's how it ticks along. Good, great, ridiculous young players .... only a very small percentage of them will "make it".
It didn't go wrong, it just went along.
I saw him this season at Ashton Gate when our U23s went to Bristol. Brought a smile to my lips, the young fella. But, he was just part of the pack. He came more into it later on. Was brought down & converted the Penalty.
He's just a Statistic.

I'm very rarely ITK when it comes to Blades matters, but I have it on good authority that Ramsdale was on £19,000 a year at SUFC. Bournemouth offered him £300,000 a year on a four year contract, making him a millionaire overnight, regardless of whether or not he goes on to have a successful career as a professional footballer. I think I it's very obvious why young players like that make the move, most of us would do the same.

Just shows the huge gap between the honest young pro and the lucky few.
If Ramsdale is sensible he can set himself up for life, and even though it’s 500k earned after tax for doing naff all for 3 years I would bet that there won’t be much of that left if he buys a house down there and a car or two.

He still needs to keep driving forwards, and in some respects it’s getting another contract like that which will be difficult for him. He will need to be second choice keeper there really otherwise he will end up going out to leagues 1/2 for next to nothing or hoping Bournemouth stay up and he can get another deal similar and get games on loan.

In some ways being on the fringe is tough, not knowing where you will be, and where the next pay deal will come from. But still beats working for a living

Was never sure why he pissed people off so much?? What was behind all that?

It's a fucking joke really, the lad could've easily engineered himself a move before he even got on the scene at united and even knew the club had rejected a bid from everton, and an inquiry from Arsenal turned down. Who knows what would have happened if he went to Everton, he was a much better player than DCL.

He was the golden boy at United and across youth football around the country and was at united age 8-20, he would have loved to of done well with the club and you ask Dave kitson and the likes at the time who were marveled by him in training. Jamie Hoyland u18 coach at the time said that he was the best he'd EVER seen in Youth Football in 10-12 years.

His injury when absolutely flying playing for Italy ffs, not wales or scotland, Italy, will of proved to be the biggest turning point in his career and what might have been unfortunately.

It's a fucking joke really, the lad could've easily engineered himself a move before he even got on the scene at united and even knew the club had rejected a bid from everton, and an inquiry from Arsenal turned down. Who knows what would have happened if he went to Everton, he was a much better player than DCL.

He was the golden boy at United and across youth football around the country and was at united age 8-20, he would have loved to of done well with the club and you ask Dave kitson and the likes at the time who were marveled by him in training. Jamie Hoyland u18 coach at the time said that he was the best he'd EVER seen in Youth Football in 10-12 years.

His injury when absolutely flying playing for Italy ffs, not wales or scotland, Italy, will of proved to be the biggest turning point in his career and what might have been unfortunately.

I find it odd too Pittsburgh John Pemberton used to rave about him also. I'm sure there will have been many times he could have gone if he was simply after being Billy Big Time.

Still it doesn't stop folk on this forum such as the OP having a sly dig at him and other academy Blades and seemingly revel in their supposed decline.

I find it odd too Pittsburgh John Pemberton used to rave about him also. I'm sure there will have been many times he could have gone if he was simply after being Billy Big Time.

Still it doesn't stop folk on this forum such as the OP having a sly dig at him and other academy Blades and seemingly revel in their supposed decline.

Pemberton left the season he was breaking through and he was definitely excited to work with him before that. It's pretty embarrassing for us as a club though, because as much as players don't read and take much notice of what's being said on here theres many morons including posters on here who spout the same opinionated shite on twitter etc.

United fans generally don't like people/players that 'get above themselves' which is logical as it's a Yorkshire personality trait and sensible. However, invariably the perception is very different to the reality with gossip and rumours distorting the truth. Even with Brooks it felt that the S2 social media and forum 'fishwives' seemed to take an unhealthy interest in his ambition and desire to move on, rather than concentrate on his positive impact on the pitch for one so young. The early enthusiasm seemed to deflate quickly with some and the posts in December revealed some sort of masochistic pleasure in being proved right. Do some just prefer moaning and grumbling, than praising and enjoying stuff?

Same division as Ramsdale (on loan) and Jacob Mellis at Mansfield and Jordan Slew at Rochdale.

Only DCL has gone on as a young pro and found first team opportunities but even then I think he'll be increasingly a squad player at Everton under Big Sam, now he has brought in more forwards.

Only DCL has gone on as a young pro and found first team opportunities but even then I think he'll be increasingly a squad player at Everton under Big Sam, now he has brought in more forwards.

As good as he is now I'm still not sure he'd be starting for us so he's in a fantastic position on 45-50k a week.

Agreed, if Big Sam stays then his opportunities will reduce; that said if Everton fans have their way he'll be gone in the summer and Silva will be in, arguably good news for DCL.

Back
Top Bottom