Where’s your loyalties ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think that's a strange way of thinking tbh - but you're entitled to your opinion. And who will you support the next time they meet, if some or all of these players no longer play for Sheff Utd?

What if England were playing Russia and Russia had three or four Sheff Utd players in their team? Would you be supporting Russia?

If you're not careful you'll be supporting a different country every other week, the way that players move clubs these-days!

I just can't fathom your thinking there mate - sorry. Because there are some things in life that you are and they should never change.

I'm an Englishman and I'll always want England to beat any other country. They could have Sheff Utd's first 11 playing for the other country - and I'd still want England to win. And that's not because I put country before club, not at all. I couldn't give a shit about national football team most of the time. I prefer to watch Sheff Utd over England by a factor of about 437 trillion to 1. But I don't suddenly change my allegiance to my national team because the other country happens to have a few Blades players in it. I'd be looking out for those Blades players and really wanting them to have a good game and impress, but I wouldn't want England to lose.

The fact that England do lose regularly means I don't get too disappointed about it either. But I'm disappointed when the Blades lose - for a while anyway - until I get back home and have another Bovril.

As in the post above the same would apply.

Now don’t get me wrong when you say who would I be supporting I wouldn’t be sat screaming at the tele waving a Russian scarf whilst drinking vodka anymore than I would be wearing a shamrock and drinking Guinness in Ireland’s case. I’m merely saying that I’d be perfectly satisfied to see a team with united players representing it beat a non united England side.

It makes it easier for me to say that because I don’t regard myself as an England supporter and the post was to ask how others would feel about it in terms of would it be a dilemma for them.

Apologies for the stereotype references above anyone. I was just trying to put some context into my reply😀

Thanks for your comments. I think that’s where my post may start to have been taken a little out of context.

I most certainly don’t change from team to team. I support United and nobody else either at club or national level. You find time and passion to support both united and England whereas I don’t, hence it came down to England v ROI and the Republic had 4 players playing for then then I’d be wanting them to win for their sake and wouldn’t be concerned that the Man Utd, City, Liverpool lot for England had been beaten
Absolutely. I'm with you Digs blade. Your original post was along the lines of "who would you want to win...."

You & I agree there is a big big difference between "who do you want to win" in a random TV game between two teams you don't really support.

And, proper full on go to the games it can't be switched through thick n thin SUPPORT.

You’re right, looking back on it now I did reference to who would you want to win. Agree 100% with you, I certainly can’t switch support on and off. As someone else mentioned my mood when united lose is like nothing else, it basically ruins my whole weekend, when we win I’m on cloud 9. My feelings at both extremes for any other club or country would never get anywhere near that

Back
Top Bottom