Where’s your loyalties ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Digs blade

Reaction score
I know the old club v country has been discussed many times on here but let’s say ROI qualify for the euros next year and play England with Stevens, Egan, McGoldrick and Robinson in the Ireland side, who would you want to win? Ireland every day of the week for me folks

I know the old club v country has been discussed many times on here but let’s say ROI qualify for the euros next year and play England with Stevens, Egan, McGoldrick and Robinson in the Ireland side, who would you want to win? Ireland every day of the week for me folks
Nah, not for me. I think I’m a really shitty England fan , but I couldn’t actually want them to lose.

Would still be supporting England but would definitely like to see Ireland go far if they qualified. Do seem to find their games more exciting to watch at times though.

I want England to do well at everything they possibly can, in every sport they compete in, I hope that answers your question.
Yes mate it does but that’s why I posed the question. 😀 Club over country every time for me and I’d love to see 4 blades wiping the smug grin off some of those over hyped players like Ali, Henderson, Sterling etc etc

Yes mate it does but that’s why I posed the question. 😀 Club over country every time for me and I’d love to see 4 blades wiping the smug grin off some of those over hyped players like Ali, Henderson, Sterling etc etc

Ali and Henderson are shite. Don’t know why people have it in for Sterling he‘s a good player and seems a decent fella.

England,however I'm more interested in us .Club over country everytime

I differentiate between England my country and Ingerland, the fucking inept, London centric home to tossers, hypocrites and thugs who have been a stain on this country for at least the last 30 years. I feel absolutely no affiliation to that bunch of shite and all they stand for.

1. Sheffield United.
2. The country which hasn't spent over 3 years ripping itself to pieces, and which may be screwed, for the umpteenth time, by the one that is.
3. Any version of the ripping itself to pieces country which is open, reasonable, tolerant and has retained a sense of humour and proportion.

you’re a silly sausage!

International football s a joke, run by corrupt thieves. I do not care, but i am annoyed that international duty seems to have a negative effect on players.

you’re a silly sausage!
All about opinions mate. I was born and bred in England but have never really had any infinity to the national side especially when it’s been represented by footballers (in the very loose sense of the word) like Jordan bleeding Henderson, a player who only a couple of weeks ago spent most of the game at BDTBL throwing himself to the ground.

Four blades running round the pitch celebrating for ROI whilst players like him are walking off the pitch would be fantastic viewing for me.

Like I said all about opinions

England and i'm sure those SUFC players playing for their own countries would understand why.

McGoldrick and Robinson are English anyway, only qualifying for Ireland because of an Irish born grandparent. McGoldrick is so Irish that he didn't even know his grandad was born in Ireland until he researched his family tree.

It’s club over country for me in as much as I’d prefer to see success for Sheffield United over England if I ever had the opportunity to choose (which I won’t).

No such dilemma when Sheffield United players aren’t representing Sheffield United. Nice to see them do well certainly but not at the expense of England and certainly wouldn’t give the same feelings of elation when United or England score/win or would there be much reflected glory to bask in.

Also don’t get the comment about Sterling, the lad is the real deal on the pitch, a model professional and has handled himself in exemplary fashion in the face of all kinds of abuse.

I get the antipathy towards the so called golden generation, bell ends like Gerrard and Terry.... all far too wrapped up in their pathetic inter-club rivalries to perform for their country led by the insipid Sven. The current set are far removed from that lot though. A young squad keen to prove themselves. In fact we could see them line up in the Euros with Hendo, Harry Maguire and Kyle Walker (and maybe even Jack O’Connell) in the squad.

I was born in Sheffield and brought up just "over the border " in Dronny. My mum and dad were born and raised in Sheffield, as were my Victorian grandparents (one grandma was born in Nottingham but that was by accident not design). I've researched my family tree and basically everyone comes from Yorkshire, Derbyshire or Nottinghamshire. By any standards I'm English. Except I've never felt English. I feel for Sheffield, for Yorkshire, for "the North " generally. I like some individuals from the south, but I'm not keen on it as a concept. It's "another country", what many people think of as "England ". Therefore I can't feel any real enthusiasm for supporting England. I liked how Southgate's lads played and gave their all in the World Cup last year, but I didn't FEEL anything. Nothing like I will on Monday. I know, it's weird!!

McGoldrick and Robinson are English anyway, only qualifying for Ireland because of an Irish born grandparent. McGoldrick is so Irish that he didn't even know his grandad was born in Ireland until he researched his family tree.

Well with out his irish grandad there would be no didzy

Loyalty with club.

Of course I’d like England to do well as it would be fantastic for the country. Not hugely fussed, but bit more sympathetic these days given the constant slagging off of the support from some (which is hugely out of proportion with the reality).

I was born in Sheffield and brought up just "over the border " in Dronny. My mum and dad were born and raised in Sheffield, as were my Victorian grandparents (one grandma was born in Nottingham but that was by accident not design). I've researched my family tree and basically everyone comes from Yorkshire, Derbyshire or Nottinghamshire. By any standards I'm English. Except I've never felt English. I feel for Sheffield, for Yorkshire, for "the North " generally. I like some individuals from the south, but I'm not keen on it as a concept. It's "another country", what many people think of as "England ". Therefore I can't feel any real enthusiasm for supporting England. I liked how Southgate's lads played and gave their all in the World Cup last year, but I didn't FEEL anything. Nothing like I will on Monday. I know, it's weird!!

England 17-0 please.

I despise sp*rs but would be very happy with Kane scoring 10 for the three lions

See your point OP
But it’s gotta be country 1st

I was English before those lads signed for the Blades, and I will be after they have left.

Would want them to go as far as they can.... without beating my country.

So how would you feel if those 4 played vs an England containing Hendo and JOC?
Given that’s a 2vs4 ratio, one 1 of our 2 isn’t really ours?!

Back
Top Bottom