When united lose how does it make you feel?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Depends
If we deserve absolutely nowt and get beat I'm not so bad, I just think sod 'em, useless twonks.

If we totally dominate and get beat I'm pissed off

If we are winning 3-0 with eight minutes to go against a team that has performed the worst of any team we have played this season but still manage to draw I'm absolutely effing furious by the sheer stupidity that comes along to haunt this club in a way that never haunts any others

Yes, teams have gone 3-0 up early on and ended up not winning but being 3-0 up against a team that offered absolutely nothing up to the 82nd minute and still not winning is just ridiculous

When we lose it feels the same as when we sell our best players, I'm f***ing gutted with it.

Must say I tend to switch off from it all a bit when we lose, don't bother watching highlights or reading view froms. Know it'll just annoy me again so I don't put myself through it.

Very true pal although it’s a long time since a game kept me awake most of the night like on Friday. Let’s face it we’d have settled for a draw before a ball was kicked. I just think it was coming down from being on such a high, playing superbly well and going top then throwing it away like we did. The highs and lows of football eh?

Also when we lose i feel my pain is greater than anyone else's.

So for me when united lose or draw like the other night ( felt like a loss) it totally ruins my weekend or night. We as Blades should probably be used to it over the years but ive found as ive got older it takes longer to get it out of my system...interested to hear how other Blades feel and how they get over a loss ..thanks

My wife knows when things have gone wrong as I’m non too talkative. Funny, I can’t really talk to her about it as she’s not interested in football but I can have a good moan with my mates which usually helps.
A defeat really spoils my week until the next match.

That ^^^^^^

I’m staggered at how fucking annoyed I still am.

I’m trying enjoy the season irrespective of whether we go up or not but, fuck me, how can you enjoy that?

By remembering that - just over two years ago on Jan. 24th 2017 - we lost 0-2 at home to Fleetwood in Division One?

"I am well aware that I am the umblest person going" © C. Dickens

By remembering that - just over two years ago on Jan. 24th 2017 - we lost 0-2 at home to Fleetwood in Division One?

You’re suggesting I distract myself from how shit we were for ten minutes on Friday by remembering other incidences of us being even shitter?

Yeah, that’s certainly going to cheer me up.

;)

At least t’pigs can look back on their glory days, winning the PL and the European Cup, with fondness.

I’ve never experienced anything like Friday night before (I don’t recall anyway) since I came of age in 2002/2003. So that really hurt, particularly as we were very comfortably winning and the points matter.

In general I’m only really pissed off if it is against the pigs or if we have played well, had numerous good chances and lost to a top team when we should have won.

Although Friday was shit in the end!!!. It doesn’t take me long to get over it as I always look for the positives!!!. A good 5 mile run normally does the trick also. UTB

My wife knows when things have gone wrong as I’m non too talkative. Funny, I can’t really talk to her about it as she’s not interested in football but I can have a good moan with my mates which usually helps.
A defeat really spoils my week until the next match.

I must be good at hiding it because my other half doesn't seem to have any clue that United have lost, or doesn't seem to realise that I'm naffed off. She just carries on waffling on about how much carrots are in bleeding Asda, and she's bought some parsniips for Sunday dinner, and that dress she saw online she's bought it in Meadowhall, while I say, yeah right duck, ok duck, yes duck, ok duck.

Fridays result made me remember how I feel when we play in the play off final, the exact same disappointment .
The tube journey back to the car, the drive back to Sheffield and no sleep for a week .

I must be good at hiding it because my other half doesn't seem to have any clue that United have lost, or doesn't seem to realise that I'm naffed off. She just carries on waffling on about how much carrots are in bleeding Asda, and she's bought some parsniips for Sunday dinner, and that dress she saw online she's bought it in Meadowhall, while I say, yeah right duck, ok duck, yes duck, ok duck.[/QUOTE

Mine will usually need to ask how they’ve got on even when I arrive home from a long away game, she never has a look at the results in the mean time just to show a bit of interest.
If we’ve lost she’ll make some sort of comment like “does that mean we won’t be talking” or “oh, you’ll be moody then”. By that time I’ve talked things over on the coach so don’t feel quite as bad.
However, when I get in from a home game, that’s when she knows.

McNulty started and got hauled off at half-time. Scougall's last appearance as another one would have triggered a contract extension.

Back
Top Bottom