When united lose how does it make you feel?

Discussion in 'General Blades Chat' started by S8blade, Feb 11, 2019.

to hide all adverts

1. Northyorksblade

Northyorksblade Well-Known Member

Never get very drunk then?

Advertisement:

to hide all adverts.
  2. Ball_Sup (Phil)

Ball_Sup (Phil) Active Member

No I don't. I haven't been drunk for years. A low level cocktail of old man health issues meant I had to come off the Unsustainable Drink Program maybe 5 years ago. My new program is simple, if I feel remotely squiffy, I stop drinking.

3. Northyorksblade

How sensible. It's a pity others don't follow your example.

4. Ball_Sup (Phil)

Ball_Sup (Phil) Active Member

Well. I'm naturally a big fan of pissed up idiots in the ground, given that I've got that on my CV....

5. Northyorksblade

Pissed up isn't too bad. Coked up as well is pretty boring.

6. away ends always empty.

I record everything that utd will feature on for the diffrent opinons .if we lose i will delete everthing like a mardy twat .

GrayBlade likes this.
  7. Cerberus Blade

Cerberus Blade Well-Known Member

Depends on the manner in which we lose (or draw).

If we play out of our skins and get done by cruel luck or some dodgy decisions I feel disappointed and frustrated, but that doesn’t last long. I soon go, “hey-ho, that’s football”. And it certainly doesn’t spill over into my personal life.

If we play like shite and deserve to lose or barely scrape a draw it’s much worse. I think...”Why do I bother?” And I’m inclined to switch off and lose interest. I was like that under Weir and Adkins at times. I got to the point where I didn’t want to go to games, even though I had a season ticket. I started to seriously question whether I should just pack it in and do something else with my Saturdays. Although I rarely did. I usually turned up the next home game thinking it can’t be as bad again.

I never get angry about it, never. I came into this knowing there’d be highs and lows and probably more lows than highs. If I ever found it affected my mood to that extent I’d consider that to be a good reason to pack it in or question what is missing in my life to let it affect me that bad.

But we are all different of course and what is normal for me isn’t necessarily normal or right for others.

I do think that many fans see only the result and not the performance at times though and the negativity after a loss, or even a draw, is astounding sometimes. I don’t like it when fans start lashing out at the players or manager when they have bust a gut for us and played well, but got done by some cruel twist of fate. I think fans like that are downright irrational and detrimental to the club they are supposed to “support”.

S8blade likes this.
  8. GrayBlade

GrayBlade 100% Blade

Sick as a Skegness donkey. :(

9. GrayBlade

GrayBlade 100% Blade

Ha, a bit like me pal only I delete or ignore everything that’s football related that weekend/ night, not just United.

When we get a good result I watch everything on offer, I can’t get enough football so it looks like I’m an even bigger mardy twat.

10. GrayBlade

GrayBlade 100% Blade

Very true pal although it’s a long time since a game kept me awake most of the night like on Friday. Let’s face it we’d have settled for a draw before a ball was kicked. I just think it was coming down from being on such a high, playing superbly well and going top then throwing it away like we did. The highs and lows of football eh?

S8blade and Eddiecolquhounsleg like this.
  11. Cerberus Blade

Cerberus Blade Well-Known Member

But happy as the jolly sandboy when we win? It’s so bracing!

COME BACK CHED and GrayBlade like this.
  12. nicksufc

nicksufc Member

I wish I didn't care as much as I do!

13. Topplayersleave

Topplayersleave Active Member

Depends
    If we deserve absolutely nowt and get beat I'm not so bad, I just think sod 'em, useless twonks.

If we totally dominate and get beat I'm pissed off

If we are winning 3-0 with eight minutes to go against a team that has performed the worst of any team we have played this season but still manage to draw I'm absolutely effing furious by the sheer stupidity that comes along to haunt this club in a way that never haunts any others

Yes, teams have gone 3-0 up early on and ended up not winning but being 3-0 up against a team that offered absolutely nothing up to the 82nd minute and still not winning is just ridiculous

14. SUFC Handsworth

SUFC Handsworth Wings of a sparrow

When we lose it feels the same as when we sell our best players, I'm f***ing gutted with it.

S8blade likes this.
  15. cahill

cahill Well-Known Member

Me to a tee that

16. JimW1889

JimW1889 New Member

Must say I tend to switch off from it all a bit when we lose, don't bother watching highlights or reading view froms. Know it'll just annoy me again so I don't put myself through it.

SW12 to S12 to S18 and BushBlade like this.
  17. away ends always empty.

Also when we lose i feel my pain is greater than anyone else's.

18. segasonic

segasonic New Member

19. SW12 to S12 to S18

My wife knows when things have gone wrong as I’m non too talkative. Funny, I can’t really talk to her about it as she’s not interested in football but I can have a good moan with my mates which usually helps.
    A defeat really spoils my week until the next match.

S8blade likes this.
  20. grafikhaus

grafikhaus Kraft durch Freude

By remembering that - just over two years ago on Jan. 24th 2017 - we lost 0-2 at home to Fleetwood in Division One?

"I am well aware that I am the umblest person going" © C. Dickens

BushBlade likes this.