When did our fans become big time

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Love how upset some get over some criticism on social media.

Every fan base has the same, some who easily criticise all the time and some who go too far with it during a game due to 'football emotion'

Personally I find some of the self styled big Blade stuff more cringey at times as it's more about self portrayal and for show rather than just being real in the moment.

Nothing wrong with being regularly supportive, especially if at a game, but constantly getting upset at criticism on a message board as a few do, seems a bit disingenuous to me.

I'm not sad enough to look for the thread and highlight individuals but at the end of last season I posted on here that we should still see finishing 17th this season as success. Quite a few agreed but I got some calling me negative and defeatist.

I know one or two now upset with people bemoaning our current position were the ones saying I was negative.

Some times you can't have it all ways and still look genuine.

Last edited:

There's plenty of people out there for all teams, with missguided viewpoints.....more so for PL clubs, in most cases... (S6).

Particularly during the pandemic I've chosen mostly not to engage with them, or read a lot of football comments online.....definitely helps the mental health to choose your battles, and not be throwing those pearls to any swine 🧘‍♂️

Last night I was a bit embarrassed, but totally changed my opinion this morning.

Great result at home to an injury hit team from a lower league with 10 men in poor form. Pretty ecstatic we even got one goal actually.
Last weekend we got beaten by a team 11 places above us by one goal. They dominated the ball but didn't create many chances, yet some our fans said we were embarrassing.
Yesterday we did exactly the same to a side 10 places below us and the same fans are saying that this is also embarrassing.

Considering our previous season, alot of the fans and myself included may have come in to this season with a false sense entitlement. It felt a lot like we'd put our critics to shame and showed exactly why we were there and why we should have been.

I wasn't expecting the same season but what we have achieved this season is at the opposite end (quite literally) of what we did last season and that is a little difficult to take considering the squad is largely the same. More to the point in recent matches we've seen we can compete at this level.

There’s some serious couples therapy on here. In my opinion either shag and make up or just ignore each other.

Am sure we all sit near that one nob head at the game who’s comments on subs, formation and the form of a striker makes you want to explode. But am pretty sure we’re all some ones nob head.

I don’t agree our fans are big time Charlie’s, we just expect more when we spend more etc

All of a sudden we have become big time supporters it seems on here. We now expect to hammer teams like little old Bristol City.

Next season in the championship if we go in with this mentality that we are the big boys of the league and demand we beat mid table championship teams by 7 we are in big trouble.

If Bristol City did a view from they would be laughing at what our fan base has become.

Last year we were very critical of opposition fans.

So when for you did you change big time and why?
A couple o twats on here, don’t constitute the views of a whole fan base.

Back
Top Bottom