What's your attitude to FA and League Cup in 2019/20?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Charlieblade

Reaction score
Do you think we should just put out a side to rest first team players, and blood a few youngsters, or go all out to win everything we are entered for?
What will Wilders approach be?

Now the no1 target of top flight status has been achieved we should start to be looking to get serious about the cups. Maybe not so much the first year but if we draw lower league opposition make sure we put out a strong enough side to win.

With Wilder in charge I really think over the next few years we could actually win the odd cup.

League Cup, try to involve squad players not getting a regular game, or experiment with formations.
FA cup, by January we should have a good indication of what is required to achieve safety in the league, if things are looking good, then make a committed effort to go as far as possible utilising best players available.
Should we draw the pigs in either competition, strongest team possible and totally humiliate them.

All out on FA cup, why not

League cup meh, squad rotation unless we get to quarters then start thinking of playing strongest team

Our second eleven should be more than competent to take care of most teams from the middle of the Championship downwards.

I was going to say a good cup run would be good for the bank account but we’re loaded now so the only reason I can think of is because the BBC tell us to

Play strong sides in both , does my fuvkin nut in they way clubs have devalued both these trophies in last decade .
Getting to the point where you might as well call them the reserves cup

It would be brilliant to win a cup and shut them fuckers up in S6. The only thing they have left to cling on to is that cup win nearly 30 years ago. We should have a decent enough squad to rotate a bit in the early rounds - especially if we are drawn against 'weaker' teams. Then go all out if we get through to 5th round. Mnd you, that approach worked a treat against Barnet! :rolleyes:

Our cup results under CW would suggest league position takes priority, may change this year you never know.

Win the fuckers.
This. At least one of them. Not bothered about winning both this season but if we don't win at least one, I'll be really pissed off. Might start supporting Man City instead if we can't sort this out.

No really, I think we should at least try and compete in one of the cups

8 less games in the Premier League, semi final or fuck off.

Obviously safety first, but just by virtue of having a stronger squad we should hopefully get a bit further.

Unless we go youth team.

You'd hope though we should be able to field a strong Championship team in the cups, even if we leave out our Premier League buys.

They might come as a bit of light relief if our backs are to the wall in the league. But it’s always a way to keep the bench warmers happy.

Back
Top Bottom