What's happening with Robinson?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

GymClassHero

Reaction score
Could somebody be so kind as to fill me in? I've been away for a bit so just getting back up to speed with the blades latest. Have picked up on a few stray comments about loaning him out and that he's a waste of money. What's the score?

Could somebody be so kind as to fill me in? I've been away for a bit so just getting back up to speed with the blades latest. Have picked up on a few stray comments about loaning him out and that he's a waste of money. What's the score?

Everyone's fell out with him because hes had a couple of bad games. He's not done a lot wrong, except look a bit lost in a few games. He'll get used to the system and be decent soon enough. Moose has gone from "Fifth choice striker" to BEST PLAYER EVER in a few games becuase hes found a good partnership. Robbos time will come.

He’s had on and off playing time in a completely unique system / formation and on top of that has just stepped up to the Premier League for the first time in his career.

Given time and his character, which is exemplary, he will be fine. Those that are writing him off, wrote Egan and O’Connoll off after 3 games, said Basham wouldn’t step up, called Didzy a “cheap option”, etc. Aka thick as mince.

He seems to have lost his most dangerous asset which is his pace, which is worrying
He doesn't seem to be getting involved in games, happy to skirt around and just look busy - like the last pick in PE would do so he wouldn't get too much stick back in the changing rooms despite the fact he's shite
Having seen what he could do in pre season and getting so excited I think it's bound to be a little underwhelming thus far
Aside from that he seems a confidence player so a little burst of confidence, a goal, one great piece of play and that might bring it all flowing back, like when Thanos got the fifth stone in his Gauntlet.

The game against Chelsea was proof there's something there. Something very good. That second half he scored the first and provided the second and was a handful for Azpilucueta all half. But that's it League wise I'm afraid.

Writing a player off after 3 or 4 months is a very daft, as I've said. So it's probably worth chilling out and letting Chris work his magic - he doesn't get much wrong.

Could somebody be so kind as to fill me in? I've been away for a bit so just getting back up to speed with the blades latest.

Sheffield has run out of humble pie, shock, horror as Lunny is no longer our official scapegoat.

Have picked up on a few stray comments about loaning him out and that he's a waste of money. What's the score?

Robinson is shit - it's official
McBurnie is even more shit.

The fact that they are young, new to our system, the former to the PL and in the latter's case have only played bits here and there, counts for nothing.

The experts have spoken and an official lynching mob is on the way.

1573553734275.png

Couple of things for me:
- Taking some time to adjust to the new systemdespite seeming comfortable in it during the summer and at the start of the season, he wasn’t quite doing what we needed.

- Partnership - it seemed it was Robinson plus another at the start of the season. But for whatever reason it just didn’t click. Perhaps he’ll work well with McBurnie, but that might take time to work as McG has been sensational the last few games

Mousset - probably the biggest factor is how good Mousset has been

There’s still a place for Robinson in the squad and he’ll get his chances

Last I heard there was a huge explosion at Lassiters which ripped through the complex, and killed Josh Willis and Doug Willis. Paul thought Celia arranged the explosion. He tries to arrange a false alibi. CCTV footage sees Paul in the boiler room on the day of the explosion so is arrested and questioned.

:(

He seems to have lost his most dangerous asset which is his pace, which is worrying
He doesn't seem to be getting involved in games, happy to skirt around and just look busy - like the last pick in PE would do so he wouldn't get too much stick back in the changing rooms despite the fact he's shite
Having seen what he could do in pre season and getting so excited I think it's bound to be a little underwhelming thus far
Aside from that he seems a confidence player so a little burst of confidence, a goal, one great piece of play and that might bring it all flowing back, like when Thanos got the fifth stone in his Gauntlet.

The game against Chelsea was proof there's something there. Something very good. That second half he scored the first and provided the second and was a handful for Azpilucueta all half. But that's it League wise I'm afraid.

Writing a player off after 3 or 4 months is a very daft, as I've said. So it's probably worth chilling out and letting Chris work his magic - he doesn't get much wrong.

I think this is a very fair summary. Also since that Chelsea game he's played 256 minutes of football for us - that's less than 3 games. You can absolutely make the case that he's not looked good in those 256 minutes but I do also wonder if the longer gaps between games is exacerbating our feelings on players a bit this season. That Chelsea game was in sunny August and it's now mid-November and we're thinking "what's he done for us lately?" - but for Robinson it was less than 3 full games ago.

Last I heard there was a huge explosion at Lassiters which ripped through the complex, and killed Josh Willis and Doug Willis. Paul thought Celia arranged the explosion. He tries to arrange a false alibi. CCTV footage sees Paul in the boiler room on the day of the explosion so is arrested and questioned.

He hasn't got a leg to stand on...

Mcgoldrick and Mousette are in the team and playing really well,as is the team,mcburnie and Robinson will get their chance and hopefully will show us they are good players when they can get a run in the side like Morrison,Freeman and Osborne will, tough on them but it's because the first eleven are doing so well, coming on and playing for 10/15 minutes can sometimes result in trying to hard to impress, give them time we were all excited a few months ago when we signed them

So based on what I have read above, is it definitely not the case that Robinson is simply not a Premier League standard player? Can we rule that out completely?

What makes people so sure that anyone who writes Robinson off must be wrong?

So based on what I have read above, is it definitely not the case that Robinson is simply not a Premier League standard player? Can we rule that out completely?

Some were sure when they wrote Lundstram off.

Even when we're doing well we apparently need a scapegoat. Robbinson this week, McBurnie a couple of weeks ago...

Half our fan base aren't happy unless they can complain about something :)

Sheffield has run out of humble pie, shock, horror as Lunny is no longer our official scapegoat.

Robinson is shit - it's official
McBurnie is even more shit.

The fact that they are young, new to our system, the former to the PL and in the latter's case have only played bits here and there, counts for nothing.

The experts have spoken and an official lynching mob is on the way.

View attachment 64365

When the mob has finished get them round to Akinbiyi s house for using a Marvel Comics analogy on an adult football forum.....

The actor playing Lou Carpenter was actually born in Portsmouth. YHIHF

Spent a lot of time watching Neighbours between 18 and 21!

giphy.gif

Might not be wrong, but might be. So my question would be - why do it? He's barely had time to settle yet.

Takes some players longer to adjust to new surroundings and divisions than others.

Something not right upstairs I think ,I think most supporters could take him not playing well if he looked like he was trying hard .personally I'm not even that bothered about his lack of confidence on the ball it's his lack of effort when we don't have it that worry's me

He's lucky he's working under such a great coaching set up and all is not lost

When the mob has finished get them round to Akinbiyi s house for using a Marvel Comics analogy on an adult football forum.....
That's something J Jonah Jameson might say about Spiderman

Deffo whoosh moments for me.

Are Thanos, and J Jonah Jameson from Game of Thrones, YouTube influencers or Mumsnet stars?

I really need to know so that I can join in da yoof chat.

Think its a confidence issue myself ,maybe the step up has been a bit bigger than he expected and he is struggling to adjust. He looked a completely different player when he was the confident star of pre season. It is bound to take some players time to get used to playing at this level with confidence ,Wilder has that patience and the back room staff to get him to that level ,we need to be the same. Personally I would have brought Billy on at Spurs rather than him ,didn't think the role and time suited him ,whereas Billy would have loved it.

Would be interested to know the staff's consensus on Robinson. And McBurnie.

Said it 75 times already but I think physicality is the main issue.

Deffo whoosh moments for me.

Are Thanos, and J Jonah Jameson from Game of Thrones, YouTube influencers or Mumsnet stars?

I really need to know so that I can join in da yoof chat.

Thanos was signed by Harry Haslam in the 70’s but never played.

J. Jonah Jameson was editor of the Star when more than 8 people read it regularly. Pig obviously, didn’t like spiders.

Back
Top Bottom