What's happening with Robinson?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He's still young and adapting and I don't think we've seen the best of him yet. Wilder keeps bringing him on so he must have seen a player in there. Hopefully he gets a confidence boost soon because he looks like he needs it!

One thing that annoys me with him though, (and this might have something to do with lack of confidence) is that he sort of makes it look likes he's trying to press when really he isn't. He runs towards players that have the ball and then sort of stops and sticks his leg out 5 yards before he gets there. This makes it easy for the player in possession to run past him.

He also seems to want to get rid of the ball as soon as he gets it, loses every battle for possession and generally spends most of the time on the pitch watching the game pass him by.

Sometimes in football you can have all the ability in the world but if you're not confident or mentally strong you'll struggle.

That habit describes my comments on Lundstram when he first arrived. Way off the pace, run up and vaguely wave a leg to look like you're intending to tackle. I could find the post if I could be bothered. My take on Robinson is that he was fine in pre-season with crap opposition but he has actually shat himself in the premier. He looks like a modern day John "rabbit in the headlights" Cullen, for us old 'uns. He's not good enough because he hasn't yet got the bottle to make it and I'm not sure he'll acquire it in time. It's ok saying he'll come good in time and CW must have seen something in him, but he did with Leonard, Carruthers, Holmes, Hussey etc etc. and they rightly got ditched quickly.

As for Mc Braindead, don't get me started.

Deffo whoosh moments for me.

Are Thanos, and J Jonah Jameson from Game of Thrones, YouTube influencers or Mumsnet stars?

I really need to know so that I can join in da yoof chat.

J Jonah Jameson has been around since 1963, I'm not sure that counts as youth.

I thought he had a great game against Chelsea, so you would have to say, he has something to offer. But in every other game he’s started he’s failed to impress.

Came on for last 9 minutes at Tottenham and appeared to be consciously not getting involved, just too late into the challenge, didn’t show for the ball and generally looked low on confidence.

Think he deserves the benefit of the doubt, but he’s got to get much more involved and soon!

He is shit but so was lunny last season. And the season before ... .

Just looked up the definition of scapegoat and came up with this

a person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others, especially for reasons of expediency.

Now this wouldn't make sense for Robinson so I can only assume that is the wrong definition and the real one (The S24SU one) is

A person who is regarded as being bad, because they perform bad but your not allowed to say they are bad because that would be bad.

He’s been pretty useless so far, and I must admit I do dread seeing him in the starting line up or coming off the bench

But I was one of those dickheads who doubted Coutts, Clarke, and Lunny.

He could well just be shite - but lets hope he can figure out a way to be ‘2nd-half-against-Chelse-Robbo’, all the time.

Must admit I think he’s decent and definitely improves last years squad

but, only my opinion!

He’s suited to the position he’s playing for the Baggies...but he’s not an out an out striker which is what we need.

I hope WB want him in the summer and we get our money back on him.

It’s a shame because he does have potential, but we are not going to change our formation to accommodate him, I think it could be a bit short-sighted to sell him so soon but I’d understand if we did.

He’s suited to the position he’s playing for the Baggies...but he’s not an out an out striker which is what we need.

I hope WB want him in the summer and we get our money back on him.

Agree - it's similar to how Preston played him.

I think we'll end up making a small profit.

Agree too - CW may say he wants to keep him - just wonder if we as a team have moved on from what Robinson was perceived to bring to our team. Can see him being moved on too - bit like Evans and Leonard.

UTB

Putting a good shift in as well as his goal

He always put a good shift in as long as it didn’t involve any tackling or physical contact! Scott Hogan Mark 2.

I stand by my previous assessment - good feet, no balls.

Back
Top Bottom