What's happening with Robinson?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would be interested to know the staff's consensus on Robinson. And McBurnie.

Said it 75 times already but I think physicality is the main issue.
Last I heard impressed by both but blown away by Mousset. They think he's tremendous. This was before the Arsenal game, so before Callum's abject display at West Ham and Oli's drink driving bother.

So based on what I have read above, is it definitely not the case that Robinson is simply not a Premier League standard player? Can we rule that out completely?

What makes people so sure that anyone who writes Robinson off must be wrong?

My opinion - I don't think he believes he is himself yet.

The main concern for me is what has happened to Robinson’s pace? His main strength was running at defenders at speed but he suddenly seems very slow. Is he carrying an injury?
Had a lengthy spell out last season for Hamstring, pulled Hamstring earlier this season and looks scared shitless that it's going to twang again any minute.

Could somebody be so kind as to fill me in? I've been away for a bit so just getting back up to speed with the blades latest. Have picked up on a few stray comments about loaning him out and that he's a waste of money. What's the score?
We’re thinking of loaning him out because he’s a waste of money. Score 6/10.

Personally I don't think the lad has the physicality for the role, and he hasn't shown the spatial awareness he needs at this level. He is also much slower than I remember seeing in pre-season, as others have said.

I expected better, I have to say.

Perhaps it is a confidence thing, but I fear it's too high a level for him. Hope I am wrong.

So based on what I have read above, is it definitely not the case that Robinson is simply not a Premier League standard player? Can we rule that out completely?

same muppets + different player = highly likely it’s load of bollocks

I think most people are not sure that anyone writing him off will be proved wrong, but that it is too soon to say he will not make it. Our current first 11, who are performing absolutely brilliantly at the moment, have all been dismissed at one time or another on here as inadequate. The problem is it is so easy to see a player not perform well, and dismiss them as useless. It is much more complex than that. I speak as one who said after 30 minutes of the first game I saw Brian Deane that he would never make it as a professional footballer. Lesson learnt. Fortunately, the Internet had not been invented...

Plenty of time for him to shine yet so not too worried.

However, he does look like he is running in treacle most of the time .... if he has lost his paced for whatever reason he won't be any use to us as he does not have the technical ability to make up for it.

Last I heard there was a huge explosion at Lassiters which ripped through the complex, and killed Josh Willis and Doug Willis. Paul thought Celia arranged the explosion. He tries to arrange a false alibi. CCTV footage sees Paul in the boiler room on the day of the explosion so is arrested and questioned.

:(
This suggests that you actually watch it........

I think there is a prem player in there, but will he get the time to sort himself out? Personally, I don't mind him, but Tufty knows a zillion times more about football than I do and will act quickly if its the best for the club (not necessarily Robinson). I think he may go down the same path as players like Leonard, Carruthers, Evans (Ched and Lee) and a few more ....... who were brought in to do a job but ultimately were replaced because 1. They didn't quite do it consistently well enough and 2. There are better replacements available.

In my opinion in January Wilder will be looking for a bit more pace and power up front (not necessarily as out and out goalscorers either) to add to the threat of Moose and give us more options when we are under the cosh.

Nothing to see here, he’s a good player and he’ll be learning all the time from the current team, Moose when fit was always going to be the first choice alongside A other.

He's struggling with the pace of the game, the physicality and the overall standard in my view. He's got talent, but doesn't look like someone who really believes in himself at the moment and isn't quite putting in the effort, demanding the ball etc, as a result.

Our best two strikers are McG and Mousset and they're rightly starting, but it's a long hard season and Robinson's time will come. He's shown a lot more than McBurnie.

Many also say he's usually deployed as a winger, which obviously we don't really have in our system. He should work hard and stay patient.

for me I think we have found our front 2 moose and didzy and ya cant past sharp has the one too come on for either for his know how and threat of getting the odd goal.robinson looks lost for me and as of yet I don't really rate mcburnie but we shall see .

I agree with the consensus that he shouldn't be written off just yet. The PL is a massive step up and let's not forget he's also new to our style of play. Some players slot straight in, others take a while. Getting on his back will not help things at all ffs

Last I heard there was a huge explosion at Lassiters which ripped through the complex, and killed Josh Willis and Doug Willis. Paul thought Celia arranged the explosion. He tries to arrange a false alibi. CCTV footage sees Paul in the boiler room on the day of the explosion so is arrested and questioned.

:(

Can't imagine Mr Udugawa would have thought much of that...

Unfortunately he's not been the same since Robert Sugden was sent down for Murder.

OK, he’s the Weakest Link.

(This is a joke).

He's struggled massively. He looks either worried about his hamstring or so short of confidence that he's lost any and all faith in his ability as a footballer.

The team is playing really well now. A big reason is that Mousset is playing well but most importantly his pace is creating more issues for defenders which pushes them deeper and gives us more room to play. In theory Robinson should be able to do a version of that. But on current evidence, it's beyond his abilities.

If we bring in another forward I wouldn't be shocked to see him go out on loan for the 2nd half of the season to see if he can't get some sort of form back.

But as it stands he is absolutely nowhere near the level we need. To argue otherwise is to be disingenuous. But I'm not saying he can't get back to his old levels either

He's still young and adapting and I don't think we've seen the best of him yet. Wilder keeps bringing him on so he must have seen a player in there. Hopefully he gets a confidence boost soon because he looks like he needs it!

One thing that annoys me with him though, (and this might have something to do with lack of confidence) is that he sort of makes it look likes he's trying to press when really he isn't. He runs towards players that have the ball and then sort of stops and sticks his leg out 5 yards before he gets there. This makes it easy for the player in possession to run past him.

He also seems to want to get rid of the ball as soon as he gets it, loses every battle for possession and generally spends most of the time on the pitch watching the game pass him by.

Sometimes in football you can have all the ability in the world but if you're not confident or mentally strong you'll struggle.

Fair comment, but.

I think the point most people are making is that now isn't the time to tell.

As someone write earlier, after Chelsea no one was questioning this signing. Since then, he's had a couple of quiet games and Mousset has nabbed his shirt.

Needs to be given time before written off

He has been poor in all the games apart from the Chelsea goals. It's not even like he's playing well and not scoring (like Mcgoldrick). I think before the weekend he had the most minutes out of any of our strikers.

Back
Top Bottom