What was the atmosphere like? ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Currently the atmosphere and noise is brilliant. Against Palace at the end last week I had "a lot of things in both eyes" and I'm not ashamed to say it! Was the same yesterday, and although I didn't "fill up ", I was gobsmacked by the racket. I'm not always a fan of new chants/songs, but "Allez allez allez " at full throttle on the kop is awesome and made me feel on top of the world! Yes, it was frustrating to come away with no points, but in the past 10 years I've had far worse Saturday afternoons. UTB!

Yeah great noise all around the ground.. Good to see G and H getting going again, and even the new Corner and Lane Upper were making some noise.

Thanks pal, but I always get going, can't sit in silence!

Seriously, upper/back of G and H always try and get the songs and chants going, it just needs a few others to join in and it takes off.

Didn't one of the Leicester players comment on the noise too?

Great atmosphere. Really loud from the Blades.

Puzzling that we can’t sell out though isn’t it?

Slightly less than last week and not broken the 31,000 barrier yet. Lots of Blades still on holiday?

I thought there’d only be cordoned off seats unfilled for this one.

I was at the front of the Kop and it was really loud, much louder than against Palace I thought.

Only once I was left shaking my head and that was the "die die piggy, piggy die" chant to Vardy. That's very much a pig chant and we're better than that.
Absolutely bang on mate ,why we replicate any thing they do is totally beyond me .

We are averaging over 30k saturday ,Leeds Festival,headingley ,York racing Festival ,and loads on ther jollies .and still 30 thousand nowt shabby about that

The MOTD commentator said,Bramall Lane is not the biggest of grounds but the noise that was being generated was fucking immense,or words along those lines.
Making out as if the Lane is like Bournemouth there when there’s 9 grounds in the league that are smaller (quick Google).

True. Our crowd was bigger than Brighton v Southampton (!), Norwich v Chelsea, Watford v West Ham and Bournemouth v Man. City. Wolves v Burnley only got less than 500 more than us.
Great atmosphere but disappointed about so many empty seats. Why don’t we sell the RV tickets at a tenner a pop?............If I wasn’t a season ticket holder and was living on a budget. A chance to sample the BL atmosphere at a much reduced rate, would trump the restricted view for me.

The 200-300 empty seats in the John St. side of BLUT aren't RV. Some fuck-ups still with ticketing - there were entire blocks empty so nothing to do with 'people still on holiday' etc. There will be plenty desperate for tickets, so to see loads of 'empties' in that part of the stadium is wrong.

True. Our crowd was bigger than Brighton v Southampton (!), Norwich v Chelsea, Watford v West Ham and Bournemouth v Man. City. Wolves v Burnley only got less than 500 more than us.

The 200-300 empty seats in the John St. side of BLUT aren't RV. Some fuck-ups still with ticketing - there were entire blocks empty so nothing to do with 'people still on holiday' etc. There will be plenty desperate for tickets, so to see loads of 'empties' in that part of the stadium is wrong.

How could there have been “plenty desperate for tickets”? They were all available for online sale earlier on the day. Are you saying there was still a loyalty requirement people couldn’t meet?

I was surprised and disappointed to hear attendance was lower than week before. Didn’t feel I like it to me.

How could there have been “plenty desperate for tickets”? They were all available for online sale earlier on the day. Are you saying there was still a loyalty requirement people couldn’t meet?

But by matchday, plenty of people will have decided not to go/will have made other plans. For the last 2 home games, there's been a last-minute scramble for tickets but - with lots of empty seats in the ground - those tickets should have been sold well before matchday.

Buying a ticket was easy ,i went online and got two at one o clock ISH
Can't subscribe to this theory that uniteds ticketing policy is keeping the day trippers away
If you want to go the game you can go easily enough
If you can't be arsed to try you probably didn't really want to go anyway

Can't subscribe to this theory that uniteds ticketing policy is keeping the day trippers away

But surely you want to sell the tickets as far in advance as possible? That way, the buyer is committed to attending regadless of any other distractions that might come along like weather, cricket etc.

I've got a ST but wouldn't want to travel to BDTBL/try online a couple of hours before KO on the off-chance that I may (or may not) get a ticket. Nowt to do with 'can't be arsed'.

But surely you want to sell the tickets as far in advance as possible? That way, the buyer is committed to attending regadless of any other distractions that might come along like weather, cricket etc.

I've got a ST but wouldn't want to travel to BDTBL/try online a couple of hours before KO on the off-chance that I may (or may not) get a ticket. Nowt to do with 'can't be arsed'.

Just checked the Leicester City ticket website.
They start selling their tickets 6 weeks before every match, then it’s staggered based on points requirements.
Then 3 weeks before every match.....season ticket holders are given the option to buy further tickets.
Then 2 weeks before the match they go on general sale with the only requirement being you must already be on their database
and have attended at least 1 home or 1 away match prior to purchase.

I’m now looking on our web site and it shows that our tickets start going on sale only 2 weeks before a match staggered based on points.
However we don’t allow any additional tickets to be sold to season ticket holders
And ours only go on general sale about 3 or 4 days before a match and you still need to have 200 points (previously 500 points)

As you can see we are putting up barriers regards buying tickets compared to Leicester City.
It’s amazing to think that Leicester start selling their match tickets 4 weeks before us. Why do we leave it whilst the last minute?

I don’t understand - if you can’t buy tickets without loyalty points, you are kept away.

The day trippers have no chance.

If you drop the requirement at the 11th hour, and don’t advertise it, you won’t sell the tickets.

I don’t understand - if you can’t buy tickets without loyalty points, you are kept away.

The day trippers have no chance.

If you drop the requirement at the 11th hour, and don’t advertise it, you won’t sell the tickets.
we only have a few thousand available tickets anyway
How do you suggest a fair way of selling them ?
If you wanted to go the last two home games you could go ,the ticket office staff have bent over backwards to make sure people get in

Do you know of any instances where people tried to get tickets and didn't ?
I have first-hand experience of twice wanting tickets and twice getting them with the ticket office staff bending the rules to make sure I could

If you wanted to go the last two home games you could go ,the ticket office staff have bent over backwards to make sure people get in

I have first-hand experience of twice wanting tickets and twice getting them with the ticket office staff bending the rules to make sure I could

The loyalty points thing is crackers once it goes to the second or third day of general sale and its not selling out. As long as someone is registered before the last game then what's the issues letting them buy a ticket. There might be the odd away fan that decides to register in advance to get a ticket at the Lane but not many. We need to get new fans watching us that want to come now we're promoted. Yes they might be glory fans but some will just be young un's that want to attend and can't because of this loyalty points system which isn't needed as I say when its the third day of general sale and beyond.

Yep, next door neighbour wanted 3. I told him he couldn’t go, and he made other plans. By the time the point requirement wasn’t needed it was too late. Classic day tripper, all three could become Blades but won’t.

I’m asked at work regularly, and
people now have just stopped asking.

The fair way is to drop the points requirement 5 days before, and to publicise it. Or to sell extras to season ticket holders. It’s really not rocket science, and it’s what the club will do in a few games time when they realise they’ve fucked up.

How could there have been “plenty desperate for tickets”? They were all available for online sale earlier on the day.

That section of BLUT at the John St end - BU3 - was definitely not available online on Tuesday as per my post - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/capacity.74551/page-2#post-21829 And again it was about a third empty on Saturday. Was wondering if it was summat to do with the staircase exit on the end?

Seems we are missing a trick somewhere.

I imagine good as Leicester sold out there end. My first trip this season will be Southampton at home. I doubt they'll sell out. Never travelled well I don't think. Can't say I miss being stuck on a train packed with celebrating Leicester fans in this heat.
It got more than a little heated in BLUT when two Leicester fans cheered each of their players announced,albeit half heartedly. They were advised in no uncertain terms to go join their own downstairs.
How or why they got their tickets there they would not admit to. One of them claimed he was neutral. Sure pal. :rolleyes:

Anyway they remained quietly resolute until they scored,remaining quiet but becoming the focus of attention of one Blade who was giving them the death stare and events might have escalated. By this point I thought it best to point them out to the Stewards,a, so the youngsters around were not put off coming ever again by any violence they might have witnessed,and b, to save their own skins. They were promptly removed and ejected from the ground.

I kindly advised them their decision to come on an away end was misguided but having done so, don't make it known who you are and expect indifference from some passionate beer filled locals who reach boiling point quicker than most. I think they were guilty of naivety rather than inciteful, age and immaturity the contributing factor.

I think it still worth the Ticket office investigating to see why/how away fans are able to come by home seats with the measures there are in place. Learning curve for them and not infallible, but I will share my story with them.

I never condone violence and the less opportunity for it, ,particularly where very young kids are, the better do we think?

I went to the Globe afterwards and drank with a few Leicester fans. Had some great banter and they were decent guys full of genuine praise for us, despite one of them receiving a punch from some cowardly dickhead as they were leaving the ground. The said dickhead ran off, having left a small lump on the fella's cheekbone.

But the whole montage of the days events were topped off nicely by meeting Lunny's parents and sister. What lovely down to earth people they are. We were all disappointed that Schmeichel's worldy denied Lunny his second of the season. He confirmed that Duff asked for an extension, nothing more.

Can't wait to see what else the season throws up. Bring on the Blackburn and a chance to see the B team. Guess the atmos will be less vibrant. UTB

Yep, next door neighbour wanted 3. I told him he couldn’t go, and he made other plans. By the time the point requirement wasn’t needed it was too late. Classic day tripper, all three could become Blades but won’t.

I’m asked at work regularly, and
people now have just stopped asking.

The fair way is to drop the points requirement 5 days before, and to publicise it. Or to sell extras to season ticket holders. It’s really not rocket science, and it’s what the club will do in a few games time when they realise they’ve fucked up.
Sounds like they were really up for it

I was at the front of the Kop and it was really loud, much louder than against Palace I thought.

Only once I was left shaking my head and that was the "die die piggy, piggy die" chant to Vardy. That's very much a pig chant and we're better than that.
Me too. Seriously????

That section of BLUT at the John St end - BU3 - was definitely not available online on Tuesday as per my post - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/capacity.74551/page-2#post-21829 And again it was about a third empty on Saturday. Was wondering if it was summat to do with the staircase exit on the end?

Seems we are missing a trick somewhere.
That part of the ground was down as sold out because those tickets were dished out to junior football teams at a discounted price, the junior teams didn’t take all the allocated tickets in the end so they made them available on Thursday/Friday.

This could also be the reason that the two Leicester fans were able to get tickets up there as per Yoonited ’s post above?

For me, we are leaving the decision making way too late.

This has been done to death on the other thread.
Having completely general sale when the away end is sold out is a recipe for disaster and won't happen.
For Palace, who didn't sell out, you could buy them, just needed to be registered. No points needed. It was poorly advertised, was the only problem.
In terms of this thread - 'atmosphere' , the people who cant get tickets on these requirements won't add to the atmosphere.

This has been done to death on the other thread.
Having completely general sale when the away end is sold out is a recipe for disaster and won't happen.
For Palace, who didn't sell out, you could buy them, just needed to be registered. No points needed. It was poorly advertised, was the only problem.
In terms of this thread - 'atmosphere' , the people who cant get tickets on these requirements won't add to the atmosphere.
Not today no. In 5 years time, maybe.

No, they weren’t.

But it sounds like you don’t understand what’s meant by “day trippers”.
Sounds like people who can't be arsed to try and get a ticket
You shouldn't have told them they couldn't as they quite clearly could if they'd bothered to ring or email the club

Not today no. In 5 years time, maybe.
That's right. Those people are last in the queue and will miss out on matches that have away end sold out, IF it is their first match. After their first match, they can waltz up when they like in the next 10 years or so, easy.

That's right. Those people are last in the queue and will miss out on matches that have away end sold out, IF it is their first match. After their first match, they can waltz up when they like in the next 10 years or so, easy.
If it’s so easy, let’s hope we cancel or at least postpone any ideas to extend the ground, as there’s clearly no need.

Back
Top Bottom