What is VAR for?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Maybe Egan didn’t think it was a foul and so didn’t appeal?
How could he not think that was a foul? Does he often find himself pinned down by weight on his shoulders and unable to jump in the air and just thought ‘oh that strange random inability to move upwards has happened again’.

BTW. On seeing the MOTD replay - I thought that Stevens may have done a bit better on the shot if he hadn’t turned his back to it.

How could he not think that was a foul? Does he often find himself pinned down by weight on his shoulders and unable to jump in the air and just thought ‘oh that strange random inability to move upwards has happened again’.

We have do idea whether there’s minimal pressure on the shoulders (and the contact is more to steady the player jumping) or whether he’s been pinned down as you suggest – you can’t really tell from the picture. If Egan didn’t really notice it enough to appeal then I imagine he didn’t think it was the latter.

We have do idea whether there’s minimal pressure on the shoulders (and the contact is more to steady the player jumping) or whether he’s been pinned down as you suggest – you can’t really tell from the picture. If Egan didn’t really notice it enough to appeal then I imagine he didn’t think it was the latter.
Well either way, our players need to get cuter when it comes to VAR after conceding a goal.
I’m not suggesting that they throw themselves to the floor like some of these tossers we have seen already, but at least learn to emphasise fouls and appeal following a goal.
That one should have been overturned and the case would have been considerably bolstered by Egan being aggrieved about the challenge.

Yeah CW mentioned it in the interview they werent happy that VAR was not brought into play to busy looking at the wonder goal. There was also that incident when a player (cant remember who) clearly got pushed in the back and went down in the box and nothing was looked at.

It was Sharp that got pushed over Vark

Good point. We can talk about the finish all we want (unbelievable) but the lad had time to take it down and shoot if he really wanted. Not good enough.

The scorer wandered into his own space, unattended. It was a fluke and a foul that got it to him but his small gamble gave him the opportunity which he took emphatically. We got nobody anywhere near him, he had the time and licence to concentrate on his technique.

BTW. On seeing the MOTD replay - I thought that Stevens may have done a bit better on the shot if he hadn’t turned his back to it.

Their lot were very good at collapsing on a tenth of the contact in that incident. After the Palace match Wilder said we had to get more 'street-wise'. Sadly we have to play by the same cheating on an even playing field.

Apologies if that has been posted elsewhere, and for the blurry screenshot.

VAR seems to be being used to enforce laws that didn't exist before - balls accidentally deflecting off people's arms - but is ignoring blatant breaches of existing laws.

Winning this header over Egan by climbing all over him when the ball then went straight to Barnes for the volley. There's only one possible reason that Egan hasn't left the ground and that is that he is being pushed down.

View attachment 60326
Yep clear as day on the replays ref wernt in the best position Leicester used Egan to jump in doing so holding him own , I thought that's what var is there for "an obvious and clear error , great finish though

Not only did he foul Egan, with the height he gained not sure the ball wouldn't have just flown over both their heads had the foul not been committed.

Really wish people would stop moaning about VAR.

Those moaning are probably the same ones that would moan at incorrect decisions all the time when it was just the ref.

It creates more accurate decisions, that's what it was brought in for.

Who gives a fuck if it stops the game for two minutes, it gets added on at the end.

At the time I thought it had been a poor defensive header. Afterwards I realised the Leicester player had dubiously won the header. I think VAR does check every goal that's scored, so I imagine they must have looked at it and decided there was " no clear and obvious error" - it's still all a matter of opinion though.

Maybe a big appeal from Egan would better draw the attention of the VAR. Otherwise they play it back and just assume the header was fairly won.

If the ref said he saw it and deemed it not a foul then they wouldn’t look to overrule.
They have been quite clear as to what will and what won’t be looked at and what they’re trying to get away from is the ref running over to the halfway line to have another look.

That's the explanation we have been given by the football powers ……. however, I think I can confidently predict, that if it had happened in the other box and McB had climbed all over their CH ……. I'm sure the officials and VAR would have noticed it quite clearly 🙄 🙄 ;);)

UTB & FTP

That's the explanation we have been given by the football powers ……. however, I think I can confidently predict, that if it had happened in the other box and McB had climbed all over their CH ……. I'm sure the officials and VAR would have noticed it quite clearly 🙄 🙄 ;);)

UTB & FTP

I'm also sure that in that scenario their defender would have thrown himself to ground like he'd been shot to try to gain a foul.

These are the un-written ways of the game we're playing now, whether we like it or not, we better get up to speed.

On that first tackle...Choudhury is getting a bit of a reputation. Not good.

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Ff0bd7afc-9270-11e9-ab3c-10fd6ad5a6e9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom