What has happened?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Since Project Restart we have been truly terrible to watch.

We have been lost for ideas on way to attack, it makes it so easy for teams to defend against us. The gap between the midfield three and strikers is huge, there is no one there to add fluidity in our attacks which results in us having to play hopeless balls up to whoever the striker is.

Every team we play against makes sure their wingers are as high up the pitch as possible to keep our wing backs as far back as they can which means that Norwood cannot flourish as his trademark pass is the diagonal to the overlap, this very rarely happens now. The players we currently have in midfield aren’t good enough at attacking. Berge is comfortably our best player, the majority of passes he loses possession in are usually due to the players around him being not good enough as they are 2/3 passes behind him.

The strike force is absolutely woeful, we averaged 2.7 shots on target last year which is absolutely terrible and struggled scoring as we don’t play to some of our strikers strengths. There is no creativity and we struggle to make half a chance in a game, you cannot perform like that in a ruthless league like the Premier League otherwise you will be relegated.

I am not knocking Ramsdale but why is he exaggerating all these dives in the first 2 game’s when they’re very easy saves. His positioning for the Konsa goal was also very very poor. He ain’t helped by the defence either as they have been caught sleeping a fair few times.

In the past three windows we have improved the squad quite a lot but the first team? Not a chance, and it could well and truly cost us this season.

We have been lost for ideas on way to attack, it makes it so easy for teams to defend against us. The gap between the midfield three and strikers is huge, there is no one there to add fluidity in our attacks which results in us having to play hopeless balls up to whoever the striker is.

Every team we play against makes sure their wingers are as high up the pitch as possible to keep our wing backs as far back as they can which means that Norwood cannot flourish as his trademark pass is the diagonal to the overlap, this very rarely happens now. The players we currently have in midfield aren’t good enough at attacking. Berge is comfortably our best player, the majority of passes he loses possession in are usually due to the players around him being not good enough as they are 2/3 passes behind him.

The strike force is absolutely woeful, we averaged 2.7 shots on target last year which is absolutely terrible and struggled scoring as we don’t play to some of our strikers strengths. There is no creativity and we struggle to make half a chance in a game, you cannot perform like that in a ruthless league like the Premier League otherwise you will be relegated.

I am not knocking Ramsdale but why is he exaggerating all these dives in the first 2 game’s when they’re very easy saves. His positioning for the Konsa goal was also very very poor. He ain’t helped by the defence either as they have been caught sleeping a fair few times.

In the past three windows we have improved the squad quite a lot but the first team? Not a chance, and it could well and truly cost us this season.

Are you aware that we had a player sent off after 12 minutes today?

Unfashionable, I know, but I’m going to defend our performance tonight. Going down to ten killed the game, and reduced it to a rearguard.

For much of the game after the 12th minute, our outfield players defended like their lives depended on it. At the other end, we were limited to say the least, but what do people expect with a man down? Score the pen, and we‘re ahead. Better decision making on a couple of occasions on the edge of their box, second half, and we carve decent openings.

Villa have improved. We were a man short. Five without a win in the prem is definitely worrying. But tonight we were screwed by the sending off / Egan’s vulnerability to the ball down the middle. After that, we did better than other teams might have. How many genuinely threatening attempts did Villa have?

Yes, there are major concerns at this stage. Have we suddenly turned to shit? Not at all sure that case is proven.

Are you aware that we had a player sent off after 12 minutes today?
Think its fair to say with him saying "since project restart" he is not talking specifically about tonight's match. 🤷‍♂️

Think its fair to say with him saying "since project restart" he is not talking specifically about tonight's match. 🤷‍♂️

But he’s using tonight’s match as evidence. And he’s also ignoring the games “since project restart” where we were brilliant.

But he’s using tonight’s match as evidence. And he’s also ignoring the games “since project restart” where we were brilliant.
I saw the evidence villa away last season and Southampton away last season

Unfashionable, I know, but I’m going to defend our performance tonight. Going down to ten killed the game, and reduced it to a rearguard.

For much of the game after the 12th minute, our outfield players defended like their lives depended on it. At the other end, we were limited to say the least, but what do people expect with a man down? Score the pen, and we‘re ahead. Better decision making on a couple of occasions on the edge of their box, second half, and we carve decent openings.

Villa have improved. We were a man short. Five without a win in the prem is definitely worrying. But tonight we were screwed by the sending off / Egan’s vulnerability to the ball down the middle. After that, we did better than other teams might have. How many genuinely threatening attempts did Villa have?

Yes, there are major concerns at this stage. Have we suddenly turned to shit? Not at all sure that case is proven.

Agreed, if that pen goes in we’re looking at a Brentford type performance, which was considered one of our best in the promotion season. Onto the next one

Egan’s? The referee’s? Either way I’m sure it wasn’t part of the game plan.

We put ourselves in a dire position against Wolves/Villa and I agree not part of the plan. But by using this as a reason for losing is refusing to look inwards for the reason why and playing the victim card.

I saw the evidence villa away last season and Southampton away last season

And you’re ignoring the games in between those where we were brilliant. The Villa game last season was also the first game back after a lengthy break.

We put ourselves in a dire position against Wolves/Villa and I agree not part of the plan. But by using this as a reason for losing is refusing to look inwards for the reason why and playing the victim card.

I’m not using it as a reason for losing, I’m using it as a reason as to why our game plan might not have been all that evident. Do you even read posts before you reply to them?

I’m not using it as a reason for losing, I’m using it as a reason as to why our game plan might not have been all that evident. Do you even read posts before you reply to them?

I do and you replied to a concerned poster by using us going down to 10 men which is down to us so how can you use this as a possible excuse?

Thought this was a thread about What has happened to a large set of our fans to have no belief , and just focus on fault finding. 11 men today and we win, after a poor first two games.

I do and you replied to a concerned poster by using us going down to 10 men which is down to us so how can you use this as a possible excuse?

I’m not using it as an excuse for losing (seriously, read my posts). I’m using it as a reason for why our game plan was shot to pieces. Can you really not see how having a man sent off after 12 minutes could effect our game play?

Thought this was a thread about What has happened to a large set of our fans to have no belief , and just focus on fault finding. 11 men today and we win, after a poor first two games.
We created fuck all apart from the penalty mate. We’ve created fuck all for 12/13 games, it’s genuinely worrying.

Absolutely agree. Didn't think Villa looked up to much considering the fuss made over their signings.Losing Egan definitely made all the difference, but I thought we defended well and I can't see any reason to feel like we're doomed or we've suddenly become shit.
It's only two games in.

The mini league after lockdown shows us finishing 11th with great victories over 3 teams who finished above us. We were robbed at Villa on the first game back and ran Southampton ragged first half when, with better finishing we should have been out of sight. Granted we had a couple of piss poor performances (Newcastle, Everton and a bang in form Manure) Just because we didn’t quite replicate our form before lockdown doesn’t mean we were terrible or suddenly crap to watch. A bit more perspective needed I reckon

I’m not using it as an excuse for losing (seriously, read my posts). I’m using it as a reason for why our game plan was shot to pieces. Can you really not see how having a man sent off after 12 minutes could effect our game play?
We sat back like fucking idiots and played on the counter against Aston fucking Villa, their defence is bobbins and we barely troubled them, we should of gone at them

We played well against chelsea and Spurs. Matched wolves and was fortunate to win. That’s it in 12/13 game’s.

We also played well today considering the circumstances. We also played well against Wolves after the first 6 minutes and we could easily have scored a couple ourselves. The Southampton game last season was good for the first half.

We sat back like fucking idiots and played on the counter against Aston fucking Villa, their defence is bobbins and we barely troubled them, we should of gone at them

We had 10 men.

Back
Top Bottom