What are/were your expectations?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Where do you expect should finish,?

• Automatic slots

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Playoffs, and win them.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Playoffs

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Challenging for a playoff spot

Votes: 43 28.5%
  • Mid-table

Votes: 60 39.7%
  • Bottom half

Votes: 23 15.2%
  • Relegation scrap

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Down

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What has that got to do with it? I made a prediction. You made a prediction. Mine was fairly accurate. Yours wasn't. Hindsight doesn't enter into it.

Not so much for you, but you were in a minority who had hope after this game.

Being in Hamburg(?) and not the away end, you were probably much more detached than I was. Easier to brush it off, shrug your shoulders and say 'it'll be reyt' from that position.

If we want to go back further though, I had us finishing 6th initially. Then the season started...

Not so much for you, but you were in a minority who had hope after this game.

Being in Hamburg(?) and not the away end, you were probably much more detached than I was. Easier to brush it off, shrug your shoulders and say 'it'll be reyt' from that position.

If we want to go back further though, I had us finishing 6th initially. Then the season started...
Yeah, I'm just saying it's not hindsight. Sometimes, when you're there, your emotions overcome any more rational thoughts. It's easier to stay calm when it's not in your face.

I recall thinking before the season started that we would be In the play offs.

That thinking was dented by first few games, but I went on to tell my kids before Christmas, that if we weren’t top two by the end of January, we would be in a lottery called the play offs.

I still had my doubts right up to the Elland Road game. I’ve been a Blade for too long now. Happy to be proved wrong though. Imagine sitting through the awfulness of play offs for the next few weeks. I need to lie down now

Brighton have stayed up this season with 9 wins and 9 draws ,so that has to be the initial aim for next season. Its gonna be tough, depends on what business we can do.

I still had my doubts right up to the Elland Road game.

That makes you a real optimist in my book! The most depressed I've ever felt as a Blade (and I include relegation in 1981 on my SUFC CV) was after the Millwall game where only mathematical certainty meant we were definitely in the play offs, which was almost worse than not being in them given inevitable failure.

I only felt moderately hopeful of top two after the Brentford v Leeds game, that's a half empty glass for you ☺

By Pele, if ever there were an object lesson as to why knee-jerking ought to be avoided...and then we have the arrogant nonsense of the “I was right at the time” Brigade.

Yet they won’t, will they? Next season I shall avoid the Spineless Jellybabies and self-entitled numpties in the Premiership Shoutbox at all costs. It’s going to cost me a fortune in crayons.

Oh, Dem Bladesfans...

I think Ricky did one these after the loan window shut.

it would be good to see how that aged. a bit more positive I expect.

Egan - "not a footballer" looks very silly now. Although someone probably put the same about JOC after Millwall in 2016

By Pele, if ever there were an object lesson as to why knee-jerking ought to be avoided...and then we have the arrogant nonsense of the “I was right at the time” Brigade.

Yet they won’t, will they? Next season I shall avoid the Spineless Jellybabies and self-entitled numpties in the Premiership Shoutbox at all costs. It’s going to cost me a fortune in crayons.

Oh, Dem Bladesfans...
People are invited to make predictions on a football forum and then if they later mention that they were right or more or less right it is nonsense, they are arrogant and they are a part of a "Brigade", despite it only being me that's said it.
Why are you so angry and bitter all the time?

It just shows that once again we should have faith in this manager. He's never lost it, not lost the dressing room, hasn't gone beyond his level, hasn't been found out and hasn't run out of ideas. It will obviously be far more difficult next season but I think he's proved that he can overcome, find solutions, make tweaks and adjustments and prevail. He and the rest of the staff will be meticulously planning for next season and if the first few games don't go our way, you can be sure he will do something about it.

Because the troll suit he puts on to come on here, is too tight. It's also a bit sweaty and smelly as he uses it so often.
Well I only ask because normally the accusation is about "cap doffing". When someone bucks the trend and predicts a more successful performance, they're guilty of "arrogant nonsense" if they mention it. People who didn't were "spineless jellybabies", naturally, so that means he's disdainful of everyone - except, presumably, those who predict success but never mention that they did.

People are invited to make predictions on a football forum and then if they later mention that they were right or more or less right it is nonsense, they are arrogant and they are a part of a "Brigade", despite it only being me that's said it.
Why are you so angry and bitter all the time?
Well I only ask because normally the accusation is about "cap doffing". When someone bucks the trend and predicts a more successful performance, they're guilty of "arrogant nonsense" if they mention it. People who didn't were "spineless jellybabies", naturally, so that means he's disdainful of everyone - except, presumably, those who predict success but never mention that they did.

I’m talking about the knee-jerkers who predicted disaster on the basis of two or three games and claim to have been ‘right at the time’. In other words “If we had carried on as I predicted I would have been right”.

Quite how that’s anything but arrogant nonsense will have to be explained to me.

Part of my unpaid, unappreciated job on here is to expose noise and nonsense for what it is. It’s a 24/7 task with little or no assistance. I have to pick some very low-hanging fruit.

I’m talking about the knee-jerkers who predicted disaster on the basis of two or three games and claim to have been ‘right at the time’. In other words “If we had carried on as I predicted I would have been right”.

Quite how that’s anything but arrogant nonsense will have to be explained to me.

Part of my unpaid, unappreciated job on here is to expose noise and nonsense for what it is. It’s a 24/7 task with little or no assistance. I have to pick some very low-hanging fruit.
So it was just my neurotic paranoia, then, causing me to misread your post. Though I must admit I didn't see much of the claim to have been right at the time in the last couple of pages - apart from me, rubbing it in a bit, because I predicted a push for promotion.
I actually agree with you on the overall view that Blades tend to be over-pessimistic whilst giving too much credit to other teams and also dislike the constant call for hoofball, which unbelievably saw a resurgence this season. Just, perhaps, you need to take a chill pill occasionally?

Here is a Prediction from a Knee Jerker before Chris's Team had kicked a ball

View attachment 53676

Fake news!

You have clearly mocked up that to make Pinchy look a right twat.

If he'd called it wrong re CW, he's a big enough man to hold his hand up, by Pele!

Surely our premier connoisseur of all that is good in football didn't say any of that? His Tuftyball comments and confident knowledge that Chris will always play it 'the right way' didn't follow any admission of error, therefore he couldn't have said the above.

I don't usually read old threads, but this one is hilarious. Hopefully one or two will not be so quick to judge, next season.

Back
Top Bottom