What Are We?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Latters

Reaction score
I’m partly posting this in the hope we actually turn up in the second half and make me look a tit, but I won’t hold my breath on that. (Cue someone saying I’ve managed to make myself look a tit of my own volition.)

What sort of team are we supposed to be?

We don’t play a possession game, we aren’t a passing team and we seemingly can’t string two passes together. We regularly have between 20 and 35% possession in games. There’s little wonder we cover so much ground, chasing the ball all over.

We aren’t a counter attacking team. We don’t break with any pace and when we do get the opportunity to try and catch teams on the counter, we fanny about with the ball too long and the opposition get back into position and deal with our negligible threat pretty easily, or we hoof it to nowhere.

We aren’t a proper long ball team. We don’t play with a target man and we don’t really aim our clearances at anybody in particular. When McBurnie does play, we sort of kick it in his general vicinity, but then we have nobody stood nearby to pick up any headers he wins.

We aren’t a defensive team. We aren’t well drilled and we are so ineffectual at trying to absorb pressure.

We aren’t a pressing, high pressure team. We don’t harry opposition players and we put them under no pressure at all.

We aren’t a set piece based team. Our corners and free kicks are predictable and ineffective. Add to this we can’t defend set pieces either.

If that was a case of TL;DR I’m basically saying we have no identity anymore. I don’t know what we’re trying to be and, unfortunately, It doesn’t look like Wilder does either. Can anybody shed any light on what on earth we are? I’d like to think CW knows what we’re trying to achieve, but there is no evidence of this on the pitch and there hasn’t been for months.

....... a long way down and adrift at the bottom of the table.

We simply haven’t got the nouse or the necessary know how to select the right pass, the right cross or the right shot on goal......There really is no redeeming features whatsoever.
This makes me so fucking sad.

We had a far better midfield three in League One than what we put out tonight. Give me Coutts and Fleck over Osborn (he tries hard and i'll never knock his effort but he just isn't good enough) and Ampadu.

If this team played against our peak League One team now there would only be one winner and it wouldn't be tonight's team.

We are hopeless never seen such a poor team that can’t do basics right absolutely embarrassing it’s alright them coming on doing a passionate interview f* ck the lot of them I don’t care about how far we’ve come and all that this is dreadful

a team with the worst start to a season in the history of English football.

I recon the players are on strike or something. It looks fixed. The players get to the final third then just STOP dead. What the fuck is that all about? I get more excitement watching my son at under 10s than watching that tripe, they ain't scared to take players on.

Quote of the night for me was Connor Macnamra in the first half whilst commentating Ramsdale looking for Mousett fuck me thousands of blades fan were looking for him what chance did Ramsdale have

CHARACTER BUILDING that's what we are
and proud is what I am.

I hope the team don't read posts like this.

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;

If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

We are Simply the worst side ever to have competed at the top level.

Now Fed up of people trying to sugar coat that we arnt the worst side in the PL, we CAN’T FUCKING SCORE and we CANT FUCKING DEFEND!

Fucking garbage.

Back
Top Bottom