What’s going on ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

.. when you’re asked by a Turkish Hamburg taxi driver, “Where are you from?” And I say, “Sheffield, England” and he says “ ahhh Sheffield Utd! “ 😂

This happened to me earlier this year in Berlin but it was “ahhh, Arctic Monkeys”. Nice to see we’re finally more world famous than them now.

It'll be some fare that mate, make sure he turns his meter off on the ferry 😜

A couple of years ago when we were in League 1 I was in the middle of rural Thailand and a Tuk Tuk driver asked where I was from, and he said "Ohhhhh Sheffield United" so yeah, not a shock... we're "Massive" don't forget!

We were in Bruges a couple of years ago sampling the beers and decided to go on a canal cruise. I asked the guy steering the boat if he spoke any English expecting him to be local, and it turned out he was from Sheffield and a massive Blade. He’d lived over there for a decade but got back to see the Blades whenever he could, it was our first season back in the Championship. Small world.

Is there an echo in here? 😂
I'm blaming the sh1twaps. little buggers have been sodding everything up........plus i'm one year closer to shoving the daisies up.......I can't help it if my keyboard was not connecting properly with my fingers, some things just can't be explained even by quantum physics and mechanics...so there....
.😇👀🍻🍻

There was a similar thread a long time ago on BM...

Only this time it was a main PIG contributor, who was talking to a man in a bar in the middle of the Universe,
where only one human lived... who asked this PIG... ''where are you from my friend?22 ......
to which The PIG responded... ''Sheffield''
''aahhhhh'' said the only living human in the middle of the Universe, ''the famous Sheffield W.......sday''.

He was ridiculed.

There was a similar thread a long time ago on BM...

Only this time it was a main PIG contributor, who was talking to a man in a bar in the middle of the Universe,
where only one human lived... who asked this PIG... ''where are you from my friend?22 ......
to which The PIG responded... ''Sheffield''
''aahhhhh'' said the only living human in the middle of the Universe, ''the famous Sheffield W.......sday''.

He was ridiculed.
That was a long time ago, in a galaxy far away...

This isn’t really news it’s been this way since the mid 00s, where ever I go and mention where I’m from everyone pretty much says United, only had a couple of pig mentions and they were English and over 30... no one under 25 realises that Sheffield has 2 teams!

Got pulled over by traffic police in the middle of nowhere, whilst riding a motorbike in the mountains of Greece. Two armed officers got out of the car, sirens flashing and straight away realised I was a foreigner.

'Where are you from,' says one of the policemen in broken English. 'I'm from England,' I replied, sensing that he was about to give me a hard time and maybe get a bribe out of me for a phantom traffic offence. 'Where in England,' he shoots back, no emotion on his face. 'Sheffield,' says I, thinking that he wouldn't have the faintest where the place was. 'Ah, Sheffield United! Borbokis and Dellas were good players for you. Good team,' he replies, smiling.

He and his colleague then proceeded to talk my head off for the next fifteen minutes about English and Greek football, before sending me on my way with a pat on my back.

Nice lads those Greek traffic police!

Back
Top Bottom