West Ham - their concerns

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WORKSOPBLADE

Reaction score

Police obviously thinking the Tevez affair is going to kick off again?

That reminds me, 2 quid for some cheeky banter... well worth it!

1571781038717.png

St Pancreas? Is that the stop before London Kidney Cross and just before Rectum Road?
Our Father
Who art in Hendon
Harrow Road be Thy name
Thy Kingston come
Thy Wimbledon
In Erith as it is in Hendon
Give us this day our Berkhampstead
And forgive us our Westminsters
As we forgive those who Westminster against us
Lead us not into Temple Station
And deliver us from Ealing
For thine is the Kingston
The Purley and the Crawley
For Iver and Iver
Crouch End

Really wish I'd spotted I'd written before twice when I meant to put after.

Damn.

How does that make sense for us to wear a Tevez mask? Surely if anyone is going to, it'd be the West Ham fans.

Speaking of which, this is a great opportunity to get your limited edition mask of the late Lord Justice Griffiths.

Let’s honour the memory of the man that brought the club £20,000,000 by spending £2.00 each to replicate his face with a sea of Justice in the away end on Saturday.

642EF327-4543-469E-96AE-DD1E93B37223.jpeg

Usual policy – DM me your head size and order number. Proceeds to ‘charity’.

Each purchase automatically enters you into a raffle for some replica Lord Griffiths eyebrows.

Interesting points regarding alcohol and our travel plans !!

St Pancreas 🤣

Police obviously thinking the Tevez affair is going to kick off again?

People seem to forget that we've met the Spammers since the 'Tevez affair'. From the excellent, upcoming 'Memries of West Ham' :)

Our most recent meeting with ‘The Irons’ came on August 26th, 2014 in the second round of the (Carling) League Cup at the old Upton Park. The game finished 1-1 at 90 minutes, no further goals were scored in extra time and the Blades won the penalty shoot-out 5-4 (scorers: Ben Davies, Neil Collins, Marc McNulty, Jay McEveley and Michael ‘Cockney Walk’ Doyle. Enner Valencia’s fifth penalty for the Hammers was saved by Blades keeper Mark Howard.

Nigel Clough’s Blades would progress to the semi-finals of the competition where they eventually lost over two legs to Tottenham Hotspurs.

What a sliding doors moment the whole Tevez affair was.

If they hadn't have signed because they didn't want to break the rules then we'd probably have stayed up. Where would we have been over the last 10 years had that happened!

The thing is the west ham fans think our anger is funny. I work with a few at times and the more upset people get the funnier they find it. They accept they broke the rules and in truth got away with it so the more we bring it up the more they laugh. We all know it wasn’t just Tevezgate that got us relegated more a combination of bad choices from January onwards. I just hope come 5pm on Saturday we can look them in the eye from the away end and say the Blades are back and who’s laughing now! COYRAWW !

People seem to forget that we've met the Spammers since the 'Tevez affair'. From the excellent, upcoming 'Memries of West Ham' :)

Our most recent meeting with ‘The Irons’ came on August 26th, 2014 in the second round of the (Carling) League Cup at the old Upton Park. The game finished 1-1 at 90 minutes, no further goals were scored in extra time and the Blades won the penalty shoot-out 5-4 (scorers: Ben Davies, Neil Collins, Marc McNulty, Jay McEveley and Michael ‘Cockney Walk’ Doyle. Enner Valencia’s fifth penalty for the Hammers was saved by Blades keeper Mark Howard.

Nigel Clough’s Blades would progress to the semi-finals of the competition where they eventually lost over two legs to Tottenham Hotspurs.

You spelt Tottingham wrong mate.

The Doyle walk was quality.

The thing is the west ham fans think our anger is funny. I work with a few at times and the more upset people get the funnier they find it. They accept they broke the rules and in truth got away with it so the more we bring it up the more they laugh. We all know it wasn’t just Tevezgate that got us relegated more a combination of bad choices from January onwards. I just hope come 5pm on Saturday we can look them in the eye from the away end and say the Blades are back and who’s laughing now! COYRAWW !

In my experience they seem to me more angry about it than we are.

A lot blamed warnocks away white flag performances over Tevez, whilst still appreciating he was a factor. The West Ham fans still go on about it now, don't think we have cared for years.

What a sliding doors moment the whole Tevez affair was.

If they hadn't have signed because they didn't want to break the rules then we'd probably have stayed up. Where would we have been over the last 10 years had that happened!
Probably relegated the following season with a very uncertain future ahead of us and almost certainly without CWAK at the helm.

None of what happened with Tevez saga was really down to WHU. The blame is firmly with the PL. Never really got the hatred that has been created between the two sets of fans. The whole thing was due to the Premier Leagues incompetence.
Wasn’t it because they deliberately flouted the rules by playing ineligible players?

Wasn’t it because they deliberately flouted the rules by playing ineligible players?
But they signed the players and the paperwork wen through the relevant bodies to be ratified. The crux of the issue is with the FA and PL who made a right mess of dealing with it all, from registration of players to dealing with the punishment.

Then lied about it twice in writing, once to the EPL and then again to the FA before coming clean.

This was the killer that should have meant they received the points deduction, it wasn’t an error or misunderstanding of the rules they deliberately did it and then attempted to cover it up,

I must say, this is quite the brave take.
Not brave. Guess I've just mellowed over the years. Perhaps I've got some of the facts wrong, or forgotten some, but right now I just want to beat WHU for 3 points not anything to do with Tevez. And certainly dont see WHU fans any different to those of other PL rivals.

But they signed the players and the paperwork wen through the relevant bodies to be ratified. The crux of the issue is with the FA and PL who made a right mess of dealing with it all, from registration of players to dealing with the punishment.

In April when they had the initial rapped kneckles they claimed they had ripped up the agreement. Fast forward a few weeks it turend out that they hadn'tand were still fielding ineligible players.

The real irony is that had they not signed those 2 in the first place they'd have probably finished higher up anyway.

In April when they had the initial rapped kneckles they claimed they had ripped up the agreement. Fast forward a few weeks it turend out that they hadn'tand were still fielding ineligible players.

The real irony is that had they not signed those 2 in the first place they'd have probably finished higher up anyway.
See post 25.

Like I say, I've probably forgotten more than I remember about the entire thing. Still, my main gripe has always been with the FA/PL.

Yep, they lied, told the premier league they’d sorted it (wasn’t verbal cuddles the phrase that was used?) and then were found to have lied again.

Cunts.

I have no problem with the current West Ham regime. Within two weeks they got rid of Scott Duxbury who as Club Secretary engineered the Tevez transfer deceit along with their former Icelandic owner, who managed to nearly bankrupt his own country and a very questionable third party agent.

Its history now and should not be an issue on Saturday but lets not re write history by placing all the blame with the FA and Premier League. Officials at West Ham conspired to deceive the FA and Premier League regarding Tevez's transfer. Duxbury was subsequently found guilty of mis leading the Premier League at a Tribunal. Gold, Sullivan and Brady were keen to get him out of the door due to a number of concerns about how the Clubs finances were being run.

The Premier League and FA failed by firstly not suspending Tevez for the last few games of the season when they had the opportunity to do so. Secondly under the jurisdiction of Scudamore the Premier League cut the Blades adrift and refused to support them in any way pressurising Clubs not to support us meaning only the relegated teams Watford and Charlton and the two who just survived Fulham and Wigan came out on our side. Comments from dinosaurs at the FA that a points deduction would hurt the fans only added to the view that an unfashionable Northern Club would get no justice from the Fat Cats who ran English Football.

Kevin McCabe has made a lot of bad decisions in managing the Blades over the years but one of his finest hours has to be the fact he wouldn't let this go. Against a back drop of an organised negative media campaign by the likes of Toady Fat boy Samuels, with only the excellent Henry Winter in our corner, he pushed on. Scudamore and his Pig pal Richards no doubt sneered on many occasions KM would get no where with this but he did forcing West Ham to concede at the 11th hour rather than risk a Court Hearing that they were in the wrong and subsequently compensation was paid.

Its now water under the bridge as far as the majority of both sets of supporters are concerned and a club I admired for the likes of Moore Hurst and Peters are no longer an issue for me personally. Having said that those West Ham fans who won't let this go and Fat Boy is the main one don't like us for one reason. Its not the fact we pursued the claim. Its not the fact we got £25 mill off them. Its the fact we proved we were in the right and they were wrong all along. The same applies to the likes of Scudamore and Pig Richards. The best feeling about getting promoted back to the Premiership was knowing that their stomachs will be aching for a least one football season, hopefully more.

Walthamstow's finest hour

To the apologists on here, Walthy absolutely nails, glues, gaffa tapes, staples, chains and impales it on the above link. It will take you some time to work your way through it but if you can still fail to blame West Ham after reading his input then I suggest you are also the type of person who believes OJ Simpson to be an innocent man.

Back
Top Bottom