Match Thread West Bromwich Albion vs Sheffield United - 28 November 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WES
WES
WES

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1606162752123.png v. 1606162759533.png
EPL Week 10 - Saturday 28th November 2020 - The Hawthornes

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/west-bromwich-albion-vs-sheffield-united.518/

Officials:

Referee:
Mike Dean
Assistant Referee: Darren Cann
Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Gavin Ward
Video Assistant Referee: Martin Atkinson
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Ian Hussin

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

1606519710197.png

Last edited:

Not their fault, it’s the system and the other players.

Nothing at all in midfield.

Wing backs with no end product (and no confidence) now being asked to play as a 4 with the same midfielders that create nothing in front of them.

So we have 3 strikers who have to create for themselves, get in good positions and finish. And they are being scapegoated.

Baldock is my favourite player but it’s not acceptable anymore. Fleck anonymous for most of the second half.

I just don’t understand what’s happened

Edit: Doesn't help that the 3 strikers have been given absolutely no shape or game plan going forward
They all had a chance tonight and none of them scored

4 goals on 10 games including 2 pens.

Another soft goal tonight but the goals for stat is frankly embarrassing.

Yeah it's better to create than not but we've created good chances in a few games this season and not taken them. Tonight was just an extension of that.

Feel for Wilder tonight I really do.

You can't say its out of order though for questions being asked when you've just broken the record for the worst start in top flight history after spending good money after just missing out on European qualification last season.

Reactions: MKY
Next game, Id start with the team thats finished tonight and formation last 20mins or so was more encouraging
Burke played decent but we looked so much better once Brewster and Mousset came on. Wilder isn't to blame for us letting a 25 yard pea roller in and missing 6 gimmes.

Prince got a decision to make now, millions of quid in the line!

Does he stick, hope and pray, then if not we've got a solid championship manager.

Or does he twist, and hope the legendary "new manager bounce" can build some momentum.
If wilder loves us as much as he says maybe hes willing to step aside for rest of the season then take reign if we go down?

Of all the many losses this season, that was the most difficult to stomach for me. How can professional players miss so many sitters!?!!?
I always try to stay positive especially after what we've seen for the previous 4 seasons but that was depressing.
Who's going to smash the place up in the squad and scream 'Fuck it!! I'm fuckin' sick of losing!'

I can't see this being turned around now.

That was shocking. Comms were pretty complimentary about us, but that was crap.

No quality whatsoever from us. No intensity.

You can't miss those chances and stay up, and you shouldn't.

Bottom on merit.

We need decent buys at LCB, RMF, AMF, LMF, and arguably CF and GK in January.

I doubt we're getting those and we'll probably be double digits adrift by then anyway, and the speed at which we get deals done, it'll be the end of the window before anything happens.

The only way we're getting any point this year is if we change the system, we are so weak on the left. I don't think West Brom even bothered going down their left, why would you?

If Wilder gets us out of this we should build him a 100ft golden statue in the carpark for services to football and magic.

Covid vaccine wouldn't hurt either so we can go and tell the players to wake the fuck up in person.

Burke played decent but we looked so much better once Brewster and Mousset came on. Wilder isn't to blame for us letting a 25 yard pea roller in and missing 6 gimmes.
i hate to admit it but Lunny really brought some spark when he came on. pretty much the only player who put a decent cross into the ball into the box it seems

Highest xG 3.32 without scoring. WBA fucking buzzing?? You lucky twats, see you in championship next season.

Sick of slating Mcburnie now. I said last week he will go down as our worst ever signing. I don't like the way we play when he starts. The young fast players need to be given a run and time to get into it. Purely Wilders fault in my opinion

Big decision for PA.
Something HAS to change after tonight.
We cant go on like this and get relegated by Xmas & then expect us to bounce straight back up as if the season before didnt happen.

i hate to admit it but Lunny really brought some spark when he came on. pretty much the only player who put a decent cross into the ball into the box it seems
He looked like prime pirlo compared to the other cloggers on the pitch

Said it before, but I’ll say it again... West Brom are the worst team I’ve ever seen in the Prem... and we’ve just lost to them!! ... I’m happy to just lay down and except we’re fucked if that’s the way we are going... I know no cunt can criticise Wilder without being shot down here! 😁

Sooo sticking with system that isn't working, leading to loss after loss and players losing confidence/motivation and not even expecting themselves to score.. that's not Wilders fault?
The “system”? We created & missed at least 10 clear cut chances

Back
Top Bottom