Wesley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Also, let's not forget that even though we were in the same division as Villa for the last couple of years, they're a much bigger club than us (even putting aside their owner).

They'll have designs on the top 10 and have got to really spend to overhaul what is quite a poor squad in some positions.

Agreed, that’s why I wanted Derby to win the playoffs!

Pay a premium for him having a Brazilian passport.

Never seen the lad play so have to be cautious when writing him off and he’s only 22. But would he have cost as much if he wasn’t Brazilian? He didn’t even make the top scorers chart?

Just looking and this lad did. Seems to have a steady scoring record. Why not him?

Oh, I don't know about that....

I'm probably nearer Brendan Gleeson in build but as sweary as Ralph Fiennes. Thankfully I didn't meet a.messy end like dear old Brendans character..

Great film, great place 👍

Something called ambition

How can you spend what you don't have?!?!!

Somewhere, in the mists of time, supporters forgot about the idea of pending what you have and no more. Once it was clear we were promoted some on here seem to imagine that we'd do exactly what Fulham did and spend for the sake of it. Until we get an owner willing to invest, while understanding how vital Wilder is to this club, well, until this happens there's no alternative to the most simple of rules and spend according to our means, plus the small amount of magic dust that Wilder and co seem to sprinkle once in a while as they unearth players others ignore.

Also, let's not forget that even though we were in the same division as Villa for the last couple of years, they're a much bigger club than us (even putting aside their owner).

They'll have designs on the top 10 and have got to really spend to overhaul what is quite a poor squad in some positions.

This. We have never been able to match Villa for spending. It's not a player we'd ever sign. Good luck to them. As long as they're signing foreign players, then we're good.

Another negative OP from a negative agenda driven poster.

In what way is pointing to Villa's budget any kind of sensible comparison? Tony Xia who only owns half the club, is supposedly worth £900m. How does that relate to us?

Nobody else apart from Villa is doing any business but some of our 'fans' want to use this as a stick to beat the club with.

Wanker post from a serial agenda-ist.
It's fans like you that are holding our club back

It's fans like you that are holding our club back

Sorry and I can see your point.

If we had any ambishun, we'd 'invest' £100m on 2 players with Wesley in their names.

Even if we were relegated and bankrupted the club, at least we'd have the satisfaction of outspending those Villa bastards.

Sorry and I can see your point.

If we had any ambishun, we'd 'invest' £100m on 2 players with Wesley in their names.

Even if we were relegated and bankrupted the club, at least we'd have the satisfaction of outspending those Villa bastards.

The bottom line is that clubs will always pay a premium for a 'wesley'. There's very few of them about now that Sneijder and Brown have both retired. Villa have gone out and secured the services of the best 'wesley' money can buy.

its not and never has been money that drives ambition

money gives other clubs an advantage as man city have proven
but we have and never have had that sort pf money to spend

its never been a lack of ambition but a lack of money
mccabes family has got 120 to150m depending on who you believe

im sure youd like him to blow all 120m on the club , but his family might argue thats not really viable as they still want to live well
on what theyve achieved.

villas owner has 8 times that amount so far more disposable income

I have ambition to own a new Audi q8 , but I drive a new Ford, its not a lack of ambition but a homage to reality
But I enjoy my new care it gives me pleasure
the same way our standard production players have got us to our destination, it got us there

Back
Top Bottom