Well, the accounts are out....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Up to FLDC 2017 accounts they’re quite away from £3pm losses. Without looking it’s mainly due to player sales. As I understand it after reading the FFP rules rather than listening to messages from my kettle, owners can invest in share capital to cover cash flow losses only. It doesn’t count as income for FFP purposes. Loan fees are treated as wages.

I think you may be correct. It is bollocks. See Aston Villa.

Every club should get an EFL accountancy team as part of being a registered EFL team and all on field matters should pass through them.

The Villa one really stuck in my craw, to go from skint we're selling everyone to now is absolute jumbo bollocks. The club is the club is the club, it shouldn't matter who the owner is. You still have to pay your credit card off if you move house, if you've got debt it should follow you until the FFP period starts again.

Powers that be are useless though so no-one will ever be held accountable, too scared of pissing off the big boys and them forming some breakaway euro super league or Premier League 2.

Interesting that there are deferred transfer fees payable of £760k and the possibility of having to pay out a further £6.2m ‘if conditions as to future team selection or performance are met’. Can’t imagine who that could be for!
Is the deferred transfer fee for Ollie as he was a loan to buy player because he came after the buy transfer window closed. The other is probably for John Egan if he plays for us when winning the Prem championship with us. Although this thread is interesting to all Blades I wish there was no mention of possible dishonesty. It is wrong & unfair as Kevin McCabe & his family are genuine hard working & honest people. I just hope they know it's a very tiny % of uninformed people who spout this drivel. As to proper supporters it's really embarrassing.

Every club should get an EFL accountancy team as part of being a registered EFL team and all on field matters should pass through them.

The Villa one really stuck in my craw, to go from skint we're selling everyone to now is absolute jumbo bollocks. The club is the club is the club, it shouldn't matter who the owner is. You still have to pay your credit card off if you move house, if you've got debt it should follow you until the FFP period starts again.

Powers that be are useless though so no-one will ever be held accountable, too scared of pissing off the big boys and them forming some breakaway euro super league or Premier League 2.

Villa have issued £68m of shares since October. For cash. The initial problem was paying creditors rather than FFP.

£6m potential penalty? £6m loan fee? Both seem ridiculous to me. Don't think Wilder would bend over and take that one either.
No its if we win Prem Championship Title with John Egan ....so think we can forget this stipulation ! We have not paid
for Ollie so the £760K due in Jan is his full transfer fee due in Jan.

Who are the player sales that we got £8m+ for? I could guess at sell on clauses for Walker & Maguire (if they weren't in the previous years accounts), a fee for Brayford but then who else have we either sold during last season or had a sell on clause from? I'm struggling.

Who are the player sales that we got £8m+ for? I could guess at sell on clauses for Walker & Maguire (if they weren't in the previous years accounts), a fee for Brayford but then who else have we either sold during last season or had a sell on clause from? I'm struggling.

A DCL add on? Ramsdale?

Cuvelier played his first game for Morecambe? :)

Brayford left on a free didn’t he?

I think the sell on for Walker was the best part of £5m. So I’d guess that, the Maguire money and any appearance based add ons for DCL and JEC and whatever we got for Reed and Whiteman.

I think the sell on for Walker was the best part of £5m. So I’d guess that, the Maguire money and any appearance based add ons for DCL and JEC and whatever we got for Reed and Whiteman.

I reckon 6.2m for the Maguire and Walker sell ons. 1.8m for the rest seems steep.

Certainly helps being in the Championship to help pay the bills, pittance to the money swimming about in the Premiership, but every little helps. Certainly glad I'm not picking up for the hike in the wage bill, but progress costs.

Why do you reckon that though? Where does the £6.2m come from?

£4.5m for Walker (10% of profit) plus £1.7m for Maguire. Only estimates but around £6m seems logical. When did we sell Ramsdale?

£4.5m for Walker (10% of profit) plus £1.7m for Maguire. Only estimates but around £6m seems logical. When did we sell Ramsdale?
JTW when we were in L1.

You’re basing your figures on the basis the reported fees are 100% accurate. I’m not sure that’s always the case.

The bottom line is the figure in the accounts won’t be exaggerated and I doubt there’s a significant sale we’ve both forgotten about. Unless we were entitled to a fee for Long?

JTW when we were in L1.

You’re basing your figures on the basis the reported fees are 100% accurate. I’m not sure that’s always the case.

The bottom line is the figure in the accounts won’t be exaggerated and I doubt there’s a significant sale we’ve both forgotten about. Unless we were entitled to a fee for Long?
Edit, bollocks see above. :)

31st January 2017 for between £800k and £1m. Wilder was quoted as saying 'in excess of £1m'.

DCL would've made his 25th & 50th first team appearances for Everton in the 17/18 season.

Back
Top Bottom