Well played Leicester

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Quick message for the pigs fans that troll on here. Fuck off. we are miles above you and I will gladly say this to your face, but none of you have the guts to do that.

For us today, I thought that was a gutsy performance. Baldock.......can you imagine if he was a six footer?, with his body strength and knocking people of the ball. Had a great game.

This was a game of fine margins that we were not supposed to have a chance in.

We had good spells and bad spells, but that last 15 minutes as we battered their box with attempt, after attempt shows we won't give up.

Great goal for their second, pretty much unstoppable, and we all knew that old man Steptoe would score at some point.

The return fixture will be interesting indeed.

If Freeman's brain was connected to his feet he'd be the best player in the world, some of his ideas were brilliant in the first half, the continuous misplaced passes not so much (not that he was the only one).

Didn't think Leicester played well at all really, there's bags of talent in that midfield and other than through balls to Vardy on the counter they were just hoping for set pieces to create chances, showed very little ambition.
Rodgers has tried to implement this diamond formation and in all 3 games so far we've had large periods of the games where we've looked ineffective. Hopefully he doesn't persist as we have some quality players being wasted in this system

Man of the match by some way IMO.
He is a real quality academy player. He’s got the same game as Kante.
We seem to have a thing for picking out midfielders who are unreal when it comes to tackling, Kante, then Ndidi and now Choudhury

I will admit I don't know too much about your squad, would it be Lundstram or Norwood who does that kind of job for you?

There was a real good battle in midfield today, you are another team who have figured out if you nullify Tielemans it impacts our ability going forward big time

Leicester were everything we'd expect.

I'll single out Choudhury though, he's excellent at what he does. Without him today we'd have got a point.

Have a look at the interceptions and tackles stats at the end of the season - bet he's in the top 5 for both.

He was very good defensively but he didn’t play one single positive pass all game, everything was sideways or backwards.

If they’d played an attacking midfielder instead of him they’d have had a lot more possession in our half, rather than playing a lot of their possession in their own.

If we’d put in that performance against Liverpool, Man City or Spurs I’d be full of praise, but Leicester were nothing special and we should be picking up points against teams like them at home.

Leicester finished 9th last season with 52 points and after selling their best player I’d say they are definitely not a better team this season.

If we aren’t able to beat teams like Leicester at home, we’ll be in big trouble this season.

If we’d put in that performance against Liverpool, Man City or Spurs I’d be full of praise, but Leicester were nothing special and we should be picking up points against teams like them at home.

Leicester finished 9th last season with 52 points and after selling their best player I’d say they are definitely not a better team this season.

If we aren’t able to beat teams like Leicester at home, we’ll be in big trouble this season.
Maguire most certainly wasn't our best player. Not even in the top 5 last season

Game could have gone either way at the end, too early in the season to say where both teams will end up at the end of the term.

Leicester were everything we'd expect.

I'll single out Choudhury though, he's excellent at what he does. Without him today we'd have got a point.

Have a look at the interceptions and tackles stats at the end of the season - bet he's in the top 5 for both.

There's a whole echo system in his barnet.

They changed manager half way through the season. Had they started with Rodgers they’d have probably finished higher.

Back
Top Bottom