We defied expectations - and gravity!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Cerberus Blade

Reaction score
So proud of what we achieved this season. It’s not just because we defied expectations, although that is very satisfying by itself. But expectations are often based on little substance. Lazy pundits who look at the squad names and don’t recognise them, have rarely seen them play, look at where they came from (e.g. 32 year old on a free transfer from Ipswich Town!🙄) and conclude “they can’t be any good”, or “they just aren’t taking the PL seriously”.

Or maybe they have an image of us as a club based on teams assembled decades ago under the likes of Bassett or Warnock? “Big, fit, hard bastards that rough you up”, “Basic” football.

I don’t give too much credence to those points of view because they are ill informed and are not likely to be representative of what this squad is about.

But I think the real achievement is not defying the expectations but defying gravity.

We shouldn’t, by rights, have any chance of doing as well as we have done, given the huge inequity in budgets and PL experience of the squad.

But we have.

We should have been certs for relegation.

But we weren’t.

To achieve what we have achieved is nothing short of defying gravity. And the manner in which we’ve done it has won respect from all/most reasonable supporters/pundits/neutrals globally!

IMO -the best season I’ve witnessed in half a century of watching the Blades.

We won nowt in terms of silverware the end - ah well! No change there then😟

But we won the respect of a nation (or two) in the way we went about it.

Congratulations to everyone associated with this remarkable season and let’s hope we can repeat or even better it next time round. 👍

Cerberus Blade you been drinking?Your posts are usually pre 07:00hrs. Agree with comments though. Good post.😎

Cerberus Blade you been drinking?Your posts are usually pre 07:00hrs. Agree with comments though. Good post.😎

Self employed mate. In bed usually before 11. 6 hours sleep - up about 5am, sometimes have a lie in till 6am. Up and alert by then, but not wanting to start work, so enjoy a couple of hours sharpening my brain on here before getting stuck into my day job.

Which consists of writing 5000 word essays when a sentence would easily suffice. 🤔

Self employed mate. In bed usually before 11. 6 hours sleep - up about 5am, sometimes have a lie in till 6am. Up and alert by then, but not wanting to start work, so enjoy a couple of hours sharpening my brain on here before getting stuck into my day job.

Which consists of writing 5000 word essays when a sentence would easily suffice. 🤔
How much do students pay for one of your essays?👩‍🎓

We certainly have. I'll be honest I and I think some other are guilty of possibly forgetting where we just came from and started expecting a time served premier league team, somewhat disappointed with losing certain matches or looking inexperienced (which we sort of are)

That to me demonstrates the level of achievement the boys have reached this season Alot of the time I forgot I was watching a newly promoted side.

How much do students pay for one of your essays?👩‍🎓
That's not a bad idea actually! 😆

Funny thing is, it's actually more like the other way round. I occasionally pay students to help us write stuff - not on here I may add - I pay a dyslexic chimpanzee with verbal diarrhoea to do that.

Back
Top Bottom