We are never going to catch up with these...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

wavy-blade

Reaction score
Some on here in some threads were saying the Premiership is not the holy grail but if we don't get up there and keep in it we will have no chance of keeping up with the big boys , some of these clubs are now entering another level , a level we will never reach , this is Tottenham's new ground and it is amazing !!

And the award for 2018s most tenuous link goes to.. ..
Wavy-blade for his outstanding and baffling 'Spurs new ground' video

th

Yes we need Premier League football and then we need Sheffield to get close to London as an economic power and then we can build a £1bn stadium that hosts American Football and everyone flocks here to watch it even if they aren’t a proper Bladey Blade.

We could be in the Premier League for the next 20 years and this wouldn't happen.

Looks nice though

Last edited by a moderator:
Could have had a ground like that if we'd turned the pitch around when we got rid of cricket. Not quite the grandeur but definitely the capacity and it would have been the go-to ground outside London.

The new Spurs ground will I am being told have it’s own microbrewery, run by Beavertown.

Now that is what I call progress....

See creativity and forethought can occur.

Some on here in some threads were saying the Premiership is not the holy grail but if we don't get up there and keep in it we will have no chance of keeping up with the big boys , some of these clubs are now entering another level , a level we will never reach , this is Tottenham's new ground and it is amazing !!

I'd rather be a proud supporter of the oldest professional stadium in the world. That means something more to me.

Yes we need Premier League football and then we need Sheffield to get close to London as an economic power and then we can build a £1bn stadium that hosts American Football and everyone flocks here to watch it even if they aren’t a proper Bladey Blade.

We could be in the Premier League for the next 20 years and this wouldn't happen.

Looks nice though

We could win the Champions League five times in a row and we wouldn't build a new ground.

Old Trafford/Anfield way if it were ever to happen otherwise Gary Sinclair would lose half his pre match script.

Last edited by a moderator:

That floor at 14:34 looks like it will be lethal when it’s wet

Bramall Lane will never, ever be demolished.

It wouldn't be allowed to happen.

It'll still be standing when we're all dead.

...and the spurs motto, 'To Dare is to Do' ? Doesn't even make sense

Looks like a fookin airport terminal. No thanks!

It's just a bit soulless and boring, it looks like Wembley with blue seats really.

It's a step up from Wet Sham but only because it was designed with football in mind but really, it does things you don't go to the football for well, comfy seats and catering but I doubt they'll get anywhere near the same atmosphere.

It reminds me of The Light in town, the restaurants in the covered area once you get up the stairs.

All singing and dancing. The atmosphere will die off when the novelty does.

Has anyone seen the way beer is poured? Bottom to top in 4 seconds.

Whoopee!

We could win the Champions League five times in a row and we wouldn't build a new ground.

Old Trafford/Anfield way if it were ever to happen otherwise Gary Sinclair would lose half his pre match script.
We could win the champions league five times in a row and our supporters still wouldn’t pay more than £30 for a ticket.

Been following Chris' videos from the very start of the build. (I'm a bit of a stadium geek). The work done to build this stadium is truly amazing. To think there is a 2 storey car park below the ground.

All these modern grounds do follow a similar theme, due to corporate levels, club class levels etc. What I really like about this ground is the South Stand, to help keep the atmosphere of the old ground.

Personally I like it a lot, hopefully get to play there in the FA Cup this year.

Just look how close the stands are to the pitch. Look what you could have won Wet Sham.

......And contactless payments at the bar/kiosks. Take note SUFC.

We could win the champions league five times in a row and our supporters still wouldn’t pay more than £30 for a ticket.
And quite rightly so. Don't know if you're aware of this, but Sheffield isn't London and has among the lowest average household income in the country. Anyone paying £30 a ticket for a game of football has more money than sense.

And quite rightly so. Don't know if you're aware of this, but Sheffield isn't London and has among the lowest average household income in the country. Anyone paying £30 a ticket for a game of football has more money than sense.

I know people in average households who pay more than that to get their nails done every couple of weeks. Each to their own I guess.

There is a lot to be said for Spurs' new ground. It's a short distance from the original WHL, and has built in a way that is conducive to replicating the atmosphere of the original stadium. Architecturally it's also pretty similar looking. Conversely the stadium has given into the worst advents of the increasing corporatism and gentrification of the game. The ticket prices and catering for corporate hospitality mirror Arsenal's new stadium (and Liverpool's new stand) and are indicative of the growing removal from the traditional working class fanbases of most clubs - especially amongst the elite clubs. The reason for moving, is not to provide more general admission tickets and in turn force prices down; but to get the rich man/tourist's buck.Liverpool's new stand was built, quite openly, to improve the corporate take of the club. The current reluctance to develop the Anfield road stand is based on the rationale that it will reduce the average ticket price at Anfield, and undermine corporate uptake. Nobody pretends that they couldn't sell out many thousands more tickets per match at Anfield (There is a paid waiting list fo a ST with 20,000 thousand on it). It's all been inevitable since Sky Sports became involved, but it was actually precipitated by Old Trafford's mass expansion during the Fergie era. Manchester United's hegemony and Liverpool's decline were a result of Liverpool's commercial stagnation and Manchester United's expansion of Old Trafford - as much as anything else. Man Utd had a lot of land on which to build, whilst Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea and Liverpool have had a much more difficult time in expanding existing stadiums or, alternatively, financing brand new constructs. The vast majority of Fergie's teams correlated with Man Utd's overwhelming commercial preeminence.I'd argue Man Utd's success were a result of this nascent financial power. They were only really challenge by club's punching massively above their financial weight (Arsenal, Leicester) or benefitting from sugar daddies (Man City, Chelsea, Blackburn).
Good sides to this: A more competitive elite. If all the top clubs have huge matchday incomes we will see them all being able to afford massive fees and wages. The result, in theory, should be a more competitive league.

Bad points: This will reinforce the north and south divide. The clubs with existing global fanbases or based in the south east have the greter potential to fill these stadiums, and garner a more pronounced benefit from the corporate income, due to the higher wages earned in these places.

Last edited:
WOW! :eek:

Can't wait to draw them in the cup to visit that stadium. Maybe a pre season friendly?

HH

We are never going to catch up with these.......why even bother trying!

3 words, European Super League. We can’t be far off now, just jockeying for positions. Let them have their fun in the sun, I’m sure it won’t come cheap for their fans and I’m sure I won’t be subscribing to watch.

Old Trafford and Anfield are the most revered and famous grounds in the world. They are both cobbled together and lopsided but they will never called anything else.....just like Beautiful Downtown Bramall Lane.

We’ll never be one of the big boys it’s us and them and that suits me just fine.

Back
Top Bottom