We are as good as down.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

In fairness his signings might be decent in the championship, too bad princey will probably sack him in a few weeks.

That capitulation at the end was the straw that broke the camels back. We’re going down.

If we were keeping it tight still and it was a wonder goal separating the teams I could understand.

Now everything has gone out of the window. Barely any attacking, midfield may as well not be there and the defence relies on Bash or Egan making a recovery block.

I’ve defended this team and manager to the hilt but that was fucking awful...men against boys....I can’t even find a single fucking positive. Chelsea played in CL and they looked so much quicker and smarter. Every player (apart from Baldock who’s crossing is still awful) and coach was L1 level today. Why we didn’t spend money on a LWB!

Far too early to say this but we're as good as in a relegation scrap for the rest of the season. There are 3 or 4 poor teams. Not as poor as us at the moment but close.

It was shite, Ramsdale was poor, Lowe was poor, Stevens was poor, we lacked energy.

But there's only 8 games gone, there's plenty of other wank teams and we're one win away from getting out of the relegation places. International break, write the start off and begin again.

I agree unfortionatly you can’t defend that bad in this league and too many individual mistakes every game and as for going forward it’s too much hit an hope panicky football hopefully they’ll have a good reaction after international break and on paper there’s point gaining fixtures but not holding my breath UTB

In a relegation scrap with another 4 teams at the moment,don’t forget Leeds falling apart could make them the 5th team

Seen a few relegation teams in my 5 decades plus as a Blade and this is one - they had lost before a ball was kicked

I disagree we looked up for it from the start.

We lost it as soon as we kicked off for the second half. Wilder seemed to tell them to play even more deeper and not even attempt to get forward.

This has got to be turned around immediately although I can understand the optimism for this will be very low among us fans.

But do bear in mind the opposition we have just played for the last 3 matches. With the way we've started the season, the form and confidence levels we're at remember to be honest with yourselves that we were unlikely to get much if anything out of these 3 matches!

But for the next few matches we haven't got that excuse to use so it really is paramount we start picking up some points now. Whether we do or not we'll have to wait and see.

Reactions: MKY
I’m genuinely worried we will not only go down but could end up on this list too. We look a shadow of the side last season.

The Premier League clubs with the lowest points totals ever:
7. Watford (1999-2000)
6. Norwich City (2019/20)
5. Sunderland (2002-03)
4. Aston Villa (2015-16)
3. Huddersfield Town (2018/19)
2. Sunderland (2005/06)
1. Derby County (2007-08)

A few of us have noted the parallels with the disastrous 1975/76 season.

After 8 games, we now have the same diabolical record of 1 draw and 7 defeats that we had in that season.

That sort of record doesn't happen by misfortune or through not having the rub of the green; that accumulates because a team is simply not good enough.

The signs were there after the restart and the manager said it himself enough times, particularly after Leicester, Everton and Southampton.

He hasn't said it this season because he is well aware that we are stuck with what we have. The transfer window has come and gone. It appears to have been as poor as Warnock's January window in 2006/07 - arguably worse, because at least that window brought in a player (Stead) who affected matches.

According to some pundits, home advantage has supposedly been neutralised in the absence of crowds; it's merely 11 v 11. Not for us, though. We still approach away games with a certain fear. We're now winless in 10 away games - a run that includes just 2 draws. Meanwhile, save for one golden week at home in July, we are barely any better at the Lane.

The 1975/76 side managed to scrape together 22 points in the end, after a late rally after our fate was already determined. That was from 42 games, of course, but with only 2 points for a win.

I'm not sure this side will get to 22 points. Norwich were relegated with 21 points last season and, frankly, their side carried more threat than we do.

As Norwich found last season, once it is clear that you're not quite up to it, the Premier League will punish you relentlessly. Teams know that, however hard we might work, we are unlikely to score and even if we do, we certainly won't get more than 1. That gives teams so much confidence when they are playing against us.

Without the fans and in empty stadiums, we're slinking out of the Premier League "by the back door".

I'm struggling to find any positives after that performance, but throwing in the towel after 8 games is ridiculous. IMHO the best we can hope for is to still be in touch when the transfer window opens and then for gods sake sign a LCB.

It was shite, Ramsdale was poor, Lowe was poor, Stevens was poor, we lacked energy.

But there's only 8 games gone, there's plenty of other wank teams and we're one win away from getting out of the relegation places. International break, write the start off and begin again.

We've been one win away from getting out of the relegation places since the start even getting out there when we havent played and others lost.

CWAK needs to get their heads sorted because there was no 100% Blade at all. Hardly 10% after first 15 minutes. Zero confidence passing it around at the back last season we could comfortably pass it between our defence no matter what pressure this season goes back to Ramsdale, kicks it to opposition then back on defence again.

They need the belief in their heads and the fire in their hearts.

I’ve defended this team and manager to the hilt but that was fucking awful...men against boys....I can’t even find a single fucking positive. Chelsea played in CL and they looked so much quicker and smarter. Every player (apart from Baldock who’s crossing is still awful) and coach was L1 level today. Why we didn’t spend money on a LWB!
What have you defended them against you clown, not getting 110 points in league 1? Taking a full season to get promoted from championship? Barely scraping 10th last season?

Fucks sake, turn your phone off

We arent as good as down yet, but we definitely have all the signs of a relegation haunted side.

There is a lot going wrong/gone wrong in the last few months - starting with a terrible transfer window, injuries to key players and the manager going completely negative in his approach to games. There is time to sort some of this out, but time is always short in the football world.

We arent as good as down yet, but we definitely have all the signs of a relegation haunted side.

There is a lot going wrong/gone wrong in the last few months - starting with a terrible transfer window, injuries to key players and the manager going completely negative in his approach to games. There is time to sort some of this out, but time is always short in the football world.

We have added to it by creating our own problems.

This international break is beyond huge. We need to find the solution to our issues with the back 3, I personally think it's Ampadu that's the solution. We needs to get Fleck back and starting, get Moose back and most importantly get some fucking confidence back.

We aren't screwed yet, but we need to find the answers before the next few matches.

Back
Top Bottom