Player Suggestion Wayne Rooney

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FMBlade1

Reaction score
I'll be slaughtered by some for suggesting this, and yet...

If Derby are struggling and are out of the promotion picture and/or get tied up in the FFTP rulings I could really see his move there falling through.

If we are still struggling to score goals (hopefully not) and if he is fit... I think if he was prepared to accept a low wage he would be interested in joining us. Wilder takes the odd gamble as seen with Morrison and Evans, and the owners would love a signing like this to raise our profile.

On the pitch... I think he would still have something to offer. Can pass, can finish, can shoot outside the box, has experience and good positioning. Ok he's not that quick anymore and there'd be a circus, but I think he's worth a look.

UTB

Knows how to do some football things and doesn't get swatted aside like a fly....... yep, fucking sign him ASAP.

Last time he played in the Premier League he was completely ineffectual

The move was funded by derbys sponsors so think it's a no go for us

If Derby are struggling and are out of the promotion picture and/or get tied up in the FFTP rulings I could really see his move there falling through.

If we are still struggling to score goals (hopefully not) and if he is fit... I think if he was prepared to accept a low wage he would be interested in joining us. Wilder takes the odd gamble as seen with Morrison and Evans, and the owners would love a signing like this to raise our profile.

On the pitch... I think he would still have something to offer. Can pass, can finish, can shoot outside the box, has experience and good positioning. Ok he's not that quick anymore and there'd be a circus, but I think he's worth a look.

UTB
You own City sauna don't you.

UTB

The reason he is a player coach is to avoid FFTP they only have to declare paeart his wage which I've been told is 80k a week. Coaches are not affected by FFTP so they can pay him what they like for his coaching role, on top of the 80k a week as a player.

Would you rather have Rooney with the ball at his feet, or in the box for a chance, or another one of our strikers?
That wouldn't happen as the bloke isn't capable of playing upfront at this level anymore, hence why Everton played him at centre mid, and hence why he's going to Derby County rather than the Premier League. He hasn't exactly been astounding in the MLS, a division where Bradley Wright Phillips is in the top 3 all time goalscorers may I add.

Stick this in hilarious rumour mill mods.

UTB

Derby is a done deal. Signed, sealed, delivered. Stevie Wonder style

Rooney do me a favour no thanks, not many people know but when he had his hair transplant they used hair from his wife Colleen's pubic area. The doctor said it was the 1st time he'd successfully transfer hair from one twat, to another.

Rooney do me a favour no thanks, not many people know but when he had his hair transplant they used hair from his wife Colleen's pubic area. The doctor said it was the 1st time he'd successfully transfer hair from one twat, to another.

1570726672372.png

Last time he played in the Premier League he was completely ineffectual
10 goals in 31 league games for Everton playing as a more attacking midfielder? But he is definitely past his sell by date now.

I would willing stake a few quid that if Rooney were to join us tomorrow and play a minimum of 20 matches, he would finish the season as our top scorer. I'd be interested to hear if other posters disagree with this and if so, who would outscore him.

Did Bex send you the snapchat screenshots too? 🤣

Rooney could even be useful to play the 'Norwood' role if required.

For the reported £80k-£100k per week I'd like to think we could do a lot better than Rooney. I personally wouldn't want him anywhere near our team.

Slows the play down to.snails pace and makes the high press a waste of time
Not for me thanks

Old geezers on one last big (huuuuuuge) payday...because it’s worked so well for us in the past. What could possibly go wrong?

Back
Top Bottom