Match Thread Watford v. Sheffield United - 05/10/19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WATF
WATF
WATF

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1570142531527.png v. 1570142539672.png

EPL Week 8 - Saturday 5th October 2019 - Vicarage Road

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/watford-vs-sheffield-united.472/

Officials:

Referee:
Andre Marriner
Assistant Referee: Simon Long
Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup
Fourth Official: Tim Robinson
Video Assistant Referee: Martin Atkinson
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Harry Lennard

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-10-03 at 23.38.27.png

Well after last weeks excellent performance only marred by lady luck choosing to throw a mischievous twist of fate, we travel to Watford for arguably a much 'bigger' game. As I alluded to in another thread, this one has me far more nervous, in fact last week was an event to look forward to, this has all the earmarks of 'one of those games'. Albeit we still came out from the last game with no points, something today which would hurt far far more. The likes of Liverpool are likely to beat the teams which we would consider we are directly competing against for our finishing league position..... Whereas Watford have yet to win a league game, and haven't kept a clean sheet in 19 PL matches.....

Anway...

Any team news? :)

It seems Billy is poised to play some part?

But start same team as last week?

Time to be a little more adventurous or stick with what has achieved a very steady start?

Despite some of the Watford fans comments, and think they will be looking with optimism at the very least that this on paper was/is a game they should be winning at home. However our start, particularly away from home, will have changed some views. That said, this feels very much like a banana skin that the Blades of old would have slipped on. But I really don't think the players will fancy facing CW after the match with anything less than a positive result. Not sure if this is one where I'd say I'd take a draw, but defeat must be avoided. I had a dream the other day where we won 4-1. It was an away match. It was our second successive 4-1 away victory. SO if this is the first 4-1, then the visit to West Ham would be the second. Nice thought.... But on the basis it felt very real, that's my hugely hopeful prediction. 4-1 Blades victory.

Safe journey all.

UTB

Small point but I don't recall any bad 'lady luck' v Liverpool. Bad play by Henderson yes.

Brighton just gone above us absolutely mauled spurs 3-0 with 7 mins to go , we need to win really !

Brighton just gone above us absolutely mauled spurs 3-0 with 7 mins to go , we need to win really !

Watched it....Spurs should have scored a goal or 2 but Brighton were by far the better team, the scoreline is a fair reflection of play.
Spurs looked so lacklustre as though they weren’t even trying.
The body language of the Spurs players was shocking.....their heads were on the floor the whole match. Easy win for Brighton.
Regards Maupay.....he didn’t have many chances but his style is similar to Sharps...he’s always looking to make those little runs into space.
Looks like Maupay (like Sharp) really relies on good service and many of his goals are from close range.

Lottery numbers please🥳
Another time zone but surely not far enough ahead for lotterynumber
Small point but I don't recall any bad 'lady luck' v Liverpool. Bad play by Henderson yes.
I'd call it/did say a twist of fate. It's tongue in cheek and not particularly referring to 'bad' luck. We played well and an incident that wouldn't happen nine times out of ten unfortunately did.

Sky super six don't give us a chance. 3 say lose, big nose says draw.

We’ve started well regards our passing and composure, we defintely look the better team
But Watford had a breakaway attack and missed a sitter. Open goal from 5 yards out and he put it over the bar.
It was bouncing up so probably a harder chance then it looked.

Their ground only holds 20,000 but I’m noticing quite a few empty seats scattered about their end.
Seems strange that a PL can’t even fill a 20K stadium, shows how they are such a small club.

Thought it was funny that our top scorer almost scored for us yet again.
He goes under the name of OG.
Own goal is the closest we’ve come to scoring so far.

It’s been a bit like a home game. We playing some really good patient build up play controlling possession.
They are just sat back defending but look very dangerous on the odd break they’ve had.
To say they’re the home team think Watford have looked really poor.

Sorry but how does McBurnie start every game? The mid field play is too slow (wilders going crackers) Lunny 80% passes back when can go forward, Robinson not had one through ballot run onto, Bash is sloppy and off his game today, Two poor teams so far ☹️

Sorry but how does McBurnie start every game? The mid field play is too slow (wilders going crackers) Lunny 80% passes back when can go forward, Robinson not had one through ballot run onto, Bash is sloppy and off his game today, Two poor teams so far ☹

Don't understand how Robinson is starting either

The excitement. The action. The passion. The atmosphere. I'm watching the wrong game aren't I?

This game is for the taking , I can only think Wilder plays Robinson to tire the defenders out then brings on sharp or moose to take advantage

We need someone to step up here, they are poor but we need a cutting edge.

Dominating and crying out for Billy Sharp. Plenty of crosses into the box...Sharp is the answer IMHO
Apart from bash's cross that mcburnie nearly got on the end of, the crossing has been poor, Billy wouldn't have been able to do anymore with them than what the current front 2 have done.

People need to remember we are the new boys , we are playing away to a club that's been in the premier for a few seasons, we are doing well .

Back
Top Bottom