Match Thread Watford v. Sheffield United - 05/10/19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WATF
WATF
WATF

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1570142531527.png v. 1570142539672.png

EPL Week 8 - Saturday 5th October 2019 - Vicarage Road

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/watford-vs-sheffield-united.472/

Officials:

Referee:
Andre Marriner
Assistant Referee: Simon Long
Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup
Fourth Official: Tim Robinson
Video Assistant Referee: Martin Atkinson
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Harry Lennard

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-10-03 at 23.38.27.png

Come 5pm this evening we will have 11, 9 or 8 points.

11 points will cement a very good start to the season.
9points will be good enough.
8 points from 8 games will be steady, in fact satisfactory, but we will be near to the bottom 3.

Watford have been surprisingly fragile this season. They expected to kick on after a really good 2018/19. If they lose they will have 2 points from 8 games and will be bottom with a gap from 4th from bottom.

This is a big game for them and a bigger one for us I'd say. Why? I think they expect/know they will improve their results substantially, it's a matter of when and I hope it isn't today. They have some very good players and with Cathcart back playing they should be more solid. We will be wary of a reaction after the Man City rout. They will see this as a 'redemption game' and a point in time to turn the season around.

Could well be a season 'scene-setter' for both clubs. We have Arsenal next and at Home!:eek:

Well after last weeks excellent performance only marred by lady luck choosing to throw a mischievous twist of fate, we travel to Watford for arguably a much 'bigger' game. As I alluded to in another thread, this one has me far more nervous, in fact last week was an event to look forward to, this has all the earmarks of 'one of those games'. Albeit we still came out from the last game with no points, something today which would hurt far far more. The likes of Liverpool are likely to beat the teams which we would consider we are directly competing against for our finishing league position..... Whereas Watford have yet to win a league game, and haven't kept a clean sheet in 19 PL matches.....

Anway...

Any team news? :)

It seems Billy is poised to play some part?

But start same team as last week?

Time to be a little more adventurous or stick with what has achieved a very steady start?

Despite some of the Watford fans comments, and think they will be looking with optimism at the very least that this on paper was/is a game they should be winning at home. However our start, particularly away from home, will have changed some views. That said, this feels very much like a banana skin that the Blades of old would have slipped on. But I really don't think the players will fancy facing CW after the match with anything less than a positive result. Not sure if this is one where I'd say I'd take a draw, but defeat must be avoided. I had a dream the other day where we won 4-1. It was an away match. It was our second successive 4-1 away victory. SO if this is the first 4-1, then the visit to West Ham would be the second. Nice thought.... But on the basis it felt very real, that's my hugely hopeful prediction. 4-1 Blades victory.

Safe journey all.

UTB

1-3 BLADES!!

WERE ON THE MARCH WITH WILDERS ARMY!!

COYRAWW!!

Reactions: Dkc
Come 5pm this evening we will have 11, 9 or 8 points.

11 points will cement a very good start to the season.
9points will be good enough.
8 points from 8 games will be steady, in fact satisfactory, but we will be near to the bottom 3.

Watford have been surprisingly fragile this season. They expected to kick on after a really good 2018/19. If they lose they will have 2 points from 8 games and will be bottom with a gap from 4th from bottom.

This is a big game for them and a bigger one for us I'd say. Why? I think they expect/know they will improve their results substantially, it's a matter of when and I hope it isn't today. They have some very good players and with Cathcart back playing they should be more solid. We will be wary of a reaction after the Man City rout. They will see this as a 'redemption game' and a point in time to turn the season around.

Could well be a season 'scene-setter' for both clubs. We have Arsenal next and at Home!:eek:
Yep, on a fucking Monday night!!!
Fucking SKY!

Wouldn't be surprised to see an unchanged line up..The media seem to be all saying Watford are due a win,but Liverpool struggled to break us down and if We keep a good shape,these will find it tough also...Fancy us to get at least a point,hopefully all 3.

Think we're more likely to pick up points against Arsenal at home than Watford away, despite recent home/away results. Watford are well overdue a win...

Still if we're able to play anywhere near the Liverpool performance we'll be in with a shout. First goal will be massive, if we can get it their fans might turn big time!

Agree. That’s how I see it.
Watford haven’t been playing that badly but still seem to lose.
Agree....first goal is key.

Part of the reason we’ve done so well is that teams have underestimated us and we’ve been better/ tougher than they expected.
This is more of a cup final for Watford than it is for us. They’ll be really up for it and very focussed.

Really don’t have any feeling that we’ll win. I’m in the camp that Watford are well overdue a win.
I’m expecting a 1-1 draw or possibly even a 2-1 Watford win.
Would take a draw if offered it now. A point is decent.

Starting line was confirmed yesterday

Henderson
Baldock bash Egan joc stevens
Lunny Norwood fleck
Mcburine Robinson

Big game for us today (and we'll lose the next one as we hate international breaks). A win would be great. We need to avoid a loss at all costs though. More for the boost it will give them, as much as anything else. A loss would be a blow and would likely see us slip down just above the relegation zone. Whereas a win would leave us in the top half going into the break

Biggest game of the season yet, already I would suggest a six pointer.

1-1 is my prediction Billy off the bench to grab an equaliser.

If they score first then I can't see us winning as they'll park the bus and I don't think we have enough in us yet to grind out a win in those circumstances. A draw maybe.

But if we score first then they'll have to come out and attack where I can only see us scoring more.

So how we start is vital in this match. Most matches this season we've started slow, keeping it tight at the back and not going for the jugular. Today we've got to be unforgiving from the start and get that early first goal.

This is a tricky one alright.

No offence to him but I can't see getting an early goal if Robinson starts. It needs to be Mousset or Sharp as one to replace him alongside McBurnie.

Routine 2-0 home win for Watford. Can see us putting in one of those surprise lacklustre performances that we only see on rare occasions. Don't ask me why. Just can sense it coming.

I have a horrible similar feeling. As with any game in this league, if we’re remotely off it, we’ll get punished. You also worry that they might be just a game away from clicking and recovering their past form (Wilder said as much in his prematch comments) and that might annoyingly be today.

Along side the glamour games against the Liverpool and Arsenal's, this is the type of game we should be relishing.

Wilder will be looking for 3 points against these make no mistake.

Our confidence is high, there's is shot.

Keep it tight until they start to panic (just like Everton away)

And then bag a couple of goals on the break or from a set piece.

Come on Blades!

If they score first then I can't see us winning as they'll park the bus and I don't think we have enough in us yet to grind out a win in those circumstances. A draw maybe.

But if we score first then they'll have to come out and attack where I can only see us scoring more.

So how we start is vital in this match. Most matches this season we've started slow, keeping it tight at the back and not going for the jugular. Today we've got to be unforgiving from the start and get that early first goal.

No offence to him but I can't see getting an early goal if Robinson starts. It needs to be Mousset or Sharp as one to replace him alongside McBurnie.

The team has already been leaked mate, it’s the same as last week.

First ever corporate away day for me. Hopefully land a few kidney punches if we score and I can't help celebrating.

No prawn sandwiches but think I'm going to start with the crab panna cotta.

For every clutch of 3 games. A win, lose and draw target wouldn’t be so bad?

The dilemma is which way is the most likely to produce the first goal of the game?

Counter attack or constant attack.

Do we have the choice anyway in a game such as today's? Robinson/ Moose for counter, Sharp for constant, so it's Robinson for me.

Cannot imagine Watford 'parking the bus' v us at Home until, say last 10 minutes.

i feel for 1st time we almost go into this game as favourite, which imagine saying that during FA cup final. because if we keep our levels should be 3pts. as we have shown we are capable of keeping the arguable best front 3 in world quiet & watford 2 points were fairly fortunate 1 v Newcastle when they scored after 2 mins & other when arsenal defence imploded. interestingly there last 2 wins came v 2 sides who already knew there relegation fate Fulham & Huddersfield. you have to go back to 16th march for last time watford beat a premier league team that wasnt relegated.

but we have got to be wary as they will be up for this. big game for them as proved by roy's view

Well after last weeks excellent performance only marred by lady luck choosing to throw a mischievous twist of fate, we travel to Watford for arguably a much 'bigger' game. As I alluded to in another thread, this one has me far more nervous, in fact last week was an event to look forward to, this has all the earmarks of 'one of those games'. Albeit we still came out from the last game with no points, something today which would hurt far far more. The likes of Liverpool are likely to beat the teams which we would consider we are directly competing against for our finishing league position..... Whereas Watford have yet to win a league game, and haven't kept a clean sheet in 19 PL matches.....

Anway...

Any team news? :)

It seems Billy is poised to play some part?

But start same team as last week?

Time to be a little more adventurous or stick with what has achieved a very steady start?

Despite some of the Watford fans comments, and think they will be looking with optimism at the very least that this on paper was/is a game they should be winning at home. However our start, particularly away from home, will have changed some views. That said, this feels very much like a banana skin that the Blades of old would have slipped on. But I really don't think the players will fancy facing CW after the match with anything less than a positive result. Not sure if this is one where I'd say I'd take a draw, but defeat must be avoided. I had a dream the other day where we won 4-1. It was an away match. It was our second successive 4-1 away victory. SO if this is the first 4-1, then the visit to West Ham would be the second. Nice thought.... But on the basis it felt very real, that's my hugely hopeful prediction. 4-1 Blades victory.

Safe journey all.

UTB
🐧 🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧

I can't remember when we last lost 2 league games in a row, so optimistic on that score.

Need to actually turn up at the start of a game instead of 20 mins in. Cut out the mistake per game. Control the possession instead of letting them dictate play.

Simple.

352/3412 for Watford. Don't think they normally play that? Matching us up, sign of respect, 1-2 blades, McBurnie and Sharp off the bench.

Back
Top Bottom