Was it even a corner?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Mojo

Reaction score
The corner they scored from looked like it came of thier player and should have been a goal kick. Anyone got a clip of this?

a bit late now! We made our own problems, which i think was Wilders point.

I think it came off George's back.. I thought we invited them to cross the ball back in when it went to the other side..could have closed down better, but a bit fortunate for them when their player headed it.. Could have gone anywhere, but great finish.

Short thread so I'll throw this on here as it's connected.
Would it be unsporting etc for Egan to have gone over to the ref and said, 'their lad was all over me in the build up to that goal, I'm sure VAR will confirm this' ?

Would it be unsporting etc for Egan to have gone over to the ref and said, 'their lad was all over me in the build up to that goal, I'm sure VAR will confirm this' ?

I didn't think it was a corner, I thought Egan was fouled in the build up and Lunny didn't get out quick enough to the putter-in-errer. Avoidable.

Doesn’t matter. VAR is only for when the ref has ‘missed’ something. If he’s looking straight at it that constitutes him seeing it - thus VAR won’t get involved.

Doesn’t matter. VAR is only for when the ref has ‘missed’ something. If he’s looking straight at it that constitutes him seeing it - thus VAR won’t get involved.
VAR checks every goal

Linesman seems to be moving upfield, probably unsure? Ref then had a guess based on players' gestures?

Absolutely. Ref looks at linesman, linesman doesn't give anything, so ref gives a corner based on crowd reaction when it was blatently a goal kick.

VAR is there to deal with subjective decisions like this. If it’s a subjective opinion and the referee is not qualified to offer his subjective opinion, it goes to another referee, with another subjective opinion. Hope this clears it up.

Gone are the days when a referees decision is final. Now it’s another referee, who’s decision is now final.

VAR is there to deal with subjective decisions like this. If it’s a subjective opinion and the referee is not qualified to offer his subjective opinion, it goes to another referee, with another subjective opinion. Hope this clears it up.

Gone are the days when a referees decision is final. Now it’s another referee, who’s decision is now final.

I remember t'old days when the referee's assistant (a.k.a. 'lino') would take the lead in decisions like this because he's in a better position. Now, as we know, he doesn't do anything but waits to see which way the ref. will decide before raising his flag accordingly. So the lino waits for the ref., the ref. waits for VAR and it's a fucking mess. A well-intentioned mess but lets the ref. off the hook for poor decisions.

A lot of managers are also culpable - seeing nailed-on penalties not given but too afraid to speak out about what we can all see.

Linesman seems to be moving upfield, probably unsure? Ref then had a guess based on players' gestures?

Double whammy Bergen should have been a goal kick refs shouldn't guess and then Leicester player holds Egan down and somehow heads it back to Barnes who scores a worldy.
How on earth var reviewed that and didnt see the foul or think it was a foul ! Amazing

Wilder said last week we need to be more streetwise regarding fouls, if Egan drops when the player is on his shoulder then it’s either a free kick or the attacker doesn’t get the header and the ball goes out for a throw in.

Back
Top Bottom