Warnock wasn't a quitter

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Flying Duck

The "Bladiest blade" there ever was.
Reaction score
Would've never believed that I find myself saying that I miss the 2006-2007 season in the Prem. A heartbreaking end to it then, it took me lots of time to get over it. But my respect to Warnock, he was no quitter. Talk all you like about how poor our hoofball was back then, but there were some guts and spirit then. Now our fans over here (many of whom were then backing up his sacking, I should think) seem to accept this dross we're being served. Some are rallying all of us to get behind the manager and the players, week in week out. Cos' if you don't, you're somehow a "pig"... FFS. It is for the manager to own his mistakes - which he never does, so someone should put a rocket in his arse - and then stop being such a defeatist. After that he should put rockets in the arses of the players. And everyone calling fans to put up with this shit and rally around the manager, well, they need to put rockets in their arses, too. There's nothing good or real "bladeness" in asking others to join applauding a hecking defeatist a manager and hecking defeatist a team. Get yourselves together, and tell the manager, the owner and the players, that this won't f*cking do! Just look at it: planning next season in the Championship at this stage of the season...! It's understandable, but no team in PL should ever be doing that. Blades should have never given up this fight to stay in the PL the way we did. How did we got so soft?

Yawn.. No positives in any post... Ever..

Would've never believed that I find myself saying that I miss the 2006-2007 season in the Prem. A heartbreaking end to it then, it took me lots of time to get over it. But my respect to Warnock, he was no quitter. Talk all you like about how poor our hoofball was back then, but there were some guts and spirit then. Now our fans over here (many of whom were then backing up his sacking, I should think) seem to accept this dross we're being served. Some are rallying all of us to get behind the manager and the players, week in week out. Cos' if you don't, you're somehow a "pig"... FFS. It is for the manager to own his mistakes - which he never does, so someone should put a rocket in his arse - and then stop being such a defeatist. After that he should put rockets in the arses of the players. And everyone calling fans to put up with this shit and rally around the manager, well, they need to put rockets in their arses, too. There's nothing good or real "bladeness" in asking others to join applauding a hecking defeatist a manager and hecking defeatist a team. Get yourselves together, and tell the manager, the owner and the players, that this won't f*cking do! Just look at it: planning next season in the Championship at this stage of the season...! It's understandable, but no team in PL should ever be doing that. Blades should have never given up this fight to stay in the PL the way we did. How did we got so soft?
Whether Warnock was a quitter or not, he never should have taken us down. We were so far ahead of West Sham in terms of goal difference and points, we should never have let them into it. We couldnt even draw at home against 10 men on the last game to stay up.

Warnock has consistently failed at the top level. He did it with us and QPR and Cardiff.
Wilder has had one fantastic season in the top flight and half a terrible one. In the long run he could do much better for us in the prem again than Warnock has with 3 clubs.

Agree in everything regarding Warnock. However, you’re confusing two things. You go on to talk about managers owning their mistakes, as though that trait separates Warnock and Wilder.

Warnock was the king of not acknowledging his mistakes. Most, if not all top managers are.
I don’t buy into the logic that we would have different outcomes if Wilder repeatedly said “I fucked up there”. In fact, he’d be pilloried for making continual mistakes that he acknowledged himself.

We’re losing football matches, on a weekly basis. Nothing the manager says is going to make it acceptable.

Whether Warnock was a quitter or not, he never should have taken us down. We were so far ahead of West Sham in terms of goal difference and points, we should never have let them into it. We couldnt even draw at home against 10 men on the last game to stay up.

Warnock has consistently failed at the top level. He did it with us and QPR and Cardiff.
Wilder has had one fantastic season in the top flight and half a terrible one. In the long run he could do much better for us in the prem again than Warnock has with 3 clubs.
He failed at the top level because he took football clubs way beyond their natural level, in terms of history and backing.

When he was sacked at QPR, they weren’t even in the bottom 3.

• Banned

Yes, he never should have (Warnock). Why would you think I'd thought otherwise? I don't think, either, that Warnock is a PL manager. But is Chris?

We’re losing football matches, on a weekly basis. Nothing the manager says is going to make it acceptable.
Liked your reply. Just wondering whether we're on a same page here re Wilder. Should he keep blaming our players and glorifying the greatness of the opposing side week in week out as we keep loosing? Perhaps I've lost my memory, but who ever Warnock blamed for the losses, he wasn't such a defeatist in the press conferences, and one could tell the players had had stick if they performed poorly.

Liked your reply. Just wondering whether we're on a same page here re Wilder. Should he keep blaming our players and glorifying the greatness of the opposing side week in week out as we keep loosing? Perhaps I've lost my memory, but who ever Warnock blamed for the losses, he wasn't such a defeatist in the press conferences, and one could tell the players had had stick if they performed poorly.
In saying the players could and should do better, he also acknowledges that the opposition are very good teams - that for me is balance.

I’m interested to know why we proceed with the same formation despite there being nothing to lose in changing it. And why £100m worth of acquisition hasn’t improved us.

They seem (to me) to be the things people should be concentrating on.

Money well spent then, during two seasons. Okay...
Time will tell as I said. He has bought young players and they may take time to come good. But I think investing in youth is the right way to go.

I won't look back on the 2006/07 season with envious eyes to now because if you're looking for a comparison then it should be be the first season back, not the second. And last year's 9th placed finish was better than anything we could have dreamed of.

As others have said Warnock was the worst for accepting anything was his fault. When we lost it was always the ref's fault - that was true occasionally but every week it got tiresome. His signings were certainly no better if not worse than now also. Wilder has spend money on younger players who can improve, Warnock spent it on older players or wild cards like Fahti and Luton Shelton. His only signing that came off was Rob Hulse, and to a lesser extent Stead.

Saying Warnock isn't a quitter implies that Wilder is and he hasn't resigned!

Fans like me who called for us to back the manager and players, well that's my prerogative, but I did it a few weeks ago when it felt there was still some hope. Now I think we all accept it's very unlikely, but going down on the last day is awful also. At least if we do go down by March time, don't think we will by the way, then we can plan for the season after, and maybe give some time to the likes of Bogle and Brewster. It's crap right now, but overall the club is in a much better state than anyone in the Championship other than those that go up. I know you won't agree with much of the above, but the club will come through this, and there is hope that next season will be a cracker, whatever division we're in.

I won't look back on the 2006/07 season with envious eyes to now because if you're looking for a comparison then it should be be the first season back, not the second. And last year's 9th placed finish was better than anything we could have dreamed of.

As others have said Warnock was the worst for accepting anything was his fault. When we lost it was always the ref's fault - that was true occasionally but every week it got tiresome. His signings were certainly no better if not worse than now also. Wilder has spend money on younger players who can improve, Warnock spent it on older players or wild cards like Fahti and Luton Shelton. His only signing that came off was Rob Hulse, and to a lesser extent Stead.

Saying Warnock isn't a quitter implies that Wilder is and he hasn't resigned!

Fans like me who called for us to back the manager and players, well that's my prerogative, but I did it a few weeks ago when it felt there was still some hope. Now I think we all accept it's very unlikely, but going down on the last day is awful also. At least if we do go down by March time, don't think we will by the way, then we can plan for the season after, and maybe give some time to the likes of Bogle and Brewster. It's crap right now, but overall the club is in a much better state than anyone in the Championship other than those that go up. I know you won't agree with much of the above, but the club will come through this, and there is hope that next season will be a cracker, whatever division we're in.
I don't think season 2006/2007 could be compared to our last season and this one with any one standard. So I've chosen the one I personally stick to: giving it a fight. Trying, at least. I also never said that Warnock's signings were generally good (to be honest, they were f*cking odd), but yes, he signed Rob Hulse. Has Wilder signed anyone with such an input to the team? Wilder has had three transfer windows. Wilder signed Oli McBurnie, Warnock signed Rob Hulse. Any idea about the difference? Without Hulse's injury we would've not gone down, I should think so; McB is draggings us down. Anyways, by saying Warnock was no quitter I meant he wasn't a defeatist. And sure, that does really mean that I'm saying Wilder is nowadays, and if he doesn't even change his attitude, he should go. All the last seasons under Wilder, seeing the interviews and all, I thought he was a fighter, not a quitter. I don't see the same man any more. I'd love to see him regaining some composure, but so I have for some months now...

Sure, it's your prerogative, I'm not questioning that. I think planning for the season after should commence as soon as possible. I can’t see it having anything to do with Bogle, because CW isn’t playing him. If we go down in the mess we are in, I can’t see us coming up any time soon.

I don't think season 2006/2007 could be compared to our last season and this one with any one standard. So I've chosen the one I personally stick to: giving it a fight. Trying, at least. I also never said that Warnock's signings were generally good (to be honest, they were f*cking odd), but yes, he signed Rob Hulse. Has Wilder signed anyone with such an input to the team? Wilder has had three transfer windows. Wilder signed Oli McBurnie, Warnock signed Rob Hulse. Any idea about the difference? Without Hulse's injury we would've not gone down, I should think so; McB is draggings us down. Anyways, by saying Warnock was no quitter I meant he wasn't a defeatist. And sure, that does really mean that I'm saying Wilder is nowadays, and if he doesn't even change his attitude, he should go. All the last seasons under Wilder, seeing the interviews and all, I thought he was a fighter, not a quitter. I don't see the same man any more. I'd love to see him regaining some composure, but so I have for some months now...

Warnock never changes his style of play either, although he went to one up top more and I don't recall that worked often. McBurnie isn't dragging us down, he's only played half the games, we've lost all the rest also, and last season he won us many points. Yes he cost £20m, but in todays market that's nothing special. I'm repeating myself from other posts, but we're where we are for multiple factors and I don't blame Wilder for any of them. Signings could have been better but as Wilder has said recently, I don't think people realise how hard it is for a club of our size and wage bill to bring in players that improve us or even are of the same standard straight way because we're buying players that need to step up to playing Premier League football.

We are fighting all the way in my book. Just because it looks hopeless at times isn't because the players are not fighting. We've got no crowds to give us that boost either, and you may say no one does, but no one is on the run we're on. If we'd finished better this season then we would have about 10 points by now. Lundstram and Fleck are two of the biggest culprits here as well as others, and they were both outstanding last season. I'm not looking at next season yet and how we'll do but if asked, I don't think this season's failures will mean we won't not be able to bounce back up. We need better players in the midfield but that can be sorted this summer, for now we have to rely on one new signing it seems and hope Fleck, Norwood and Lundstram, if he stays, improves.

As for Wilder interviews, I think he's done well not to burst into tears! I know I'd be tempted at times, or to just lose it entirely! He's retained his composure all through the season in spite of this awful run. I still see the fight in there, anyone can see he's so hurting right now but he's hamstrung by so many poor performances from players who were previously consistently good/superb and a budget that doesn't allow him to bring in players that are ready made to step up, even though that's cost £130m the wages are such that he's buying in players with little or no Premier League experience.

I positively asked defeatist fans like you to put up a rocket in your arse. That is positive.

Nothing positive ever written by you on this forum ever.. Dont know where you've sprung up from, but I can guess why you have.

Oh and you can swear on this forum unlike owlstalk, just letting you hecking know :)

ok...………...I will...…………………..fuck fuck fuck! There i've done it for all of us! UTB

You seem to be strangely obsessed with sticking thing in mens arses!??
I mean, each to their own, but if you want to come out, just do it, were an equal opportunities each to their own type lot, it's fine.

Probably the only person who could answer this is Phil J, having served under both.

Given his position I wouldn't think you'd find out until he retired from football.

Got sacked at QPR when they weren't in the bottom 3 and got relegated by 2 points with Cardiff when the only player they spent any money on died in a plane crash.

Nothing positive ever written by you on this forum ever.. Dont know where you've sprung up from, but I can guess why you have.
Haven't you worked out which banned previous poster this is yet? He wasn't around long in his old guise, I grant you. This thread also leads me to believe that he wasn't actually around (as a fan) during Warnock's time.

Is this thread for real? I refuse to believe we have idiots like this supporting our club. Jesus wept it makes twitter look like an AA meeting in here sometimes.Warnock is a wanker and has always been a wanker. Warnock doesn’t give two flying fucks about this club and never really has unless it was for his benefit. Warnock plays the kind of football that makes your eyes bleed we never had a go once away from home in the premier league when he was in charge so don’t give me any bullshit about fight. I watched us in every game and he was completely inept at this level in short he couldn’t lace Wilders boots. If you love him that much fuck off up the M1 and go and watch his Middlesborough side.

Is this thread for real? I refuse to believe we have idiots like this supporting our club. Jesus wept it makes twitter look like an AA meeting in here sometimes.Warnock is a wanker and has always been a wanker. Warnock doesn’t give two flying fucks about this club and never really has unless it was for his benefit. Warnock plays the kind of football that makes your eyes bleed we never had a go once away from home in the premier league when he was in charge so don’t give me any bullshit about fight. I watched us in every game and he was completely inept at this level in short he couldn’t lace Wilders boots. If you love him that much fuck off up the M1 and go and watch his Middlesborough side.
I’m not sure I could’ve put it much better. 😁

For all Wilders downfalls recently, Warnock isn’t a patch on him in terms of where we’ve come from and the football we played to get here, just a shame we can’t replicate it in recent times. Warnock can fuck off!

The OP is a wind up merchant, but in case anyone wants to play along, t’old Neil used to approach away games as something to get through with minimal damage. It was borderline surrender at times.

Whereas Wilder coached a similarly unfancied xi to the point they genuinely outplayed Man City on their own patch for much of a game. And unquestionably outplayed a champions league finalist team at home too.

Yes it’s not been sustained beyond that season (barring a good show at Anfield) but to have done it at all is utterly outrageous.

I’m curious of a few things:
1. Does calling people idiots and wankers ever work to bring people round to your way of thinking in your life?
2. Will you remember said calling of idiots and wankers the next time you swear blind nobody’s getting abuse when questioning Wilder?
3. If Warnocks football made your eyes bleed, surely Wilders current brand makes them explode in your skull?

Back
Top Bottom