Virgil Van Dijk

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Akinbiyi

Banned
Reaction score
Didn’t know before today if he was maybe slightly overhyped? Well that’s that idea fucked off.

Best centre half I’ve ever seen come to the Lane I think and thoroughly deserves the awards and plaudits he gets. What a sublime performance. Won absolutely everything, no one got past him, no one came close in truth. I’ve not seen a centre half so aerially dominant in a long time.

And I’ll tell you what, McBurnie gave him one hell of a game. He’s earned his money this week and been made to work hard for that clean sheet. Robinson gave him a worry as well. Proud as punch.

• Banned
He is everywhere. You think you have played a great ball into the box and out of no where he dangles a leg at it to clear the ball.
Matip isn’t bad, the full backs are pretty good defensively but no doubt he is the reason they are European champions and the best runner up the Prem has ever seen.
Faultless.

He's probably the premier league's best ever center half. He is fantastic.

He's got the lot. I don't think he has a single flaw in his game.

Matip isn’t bad, the full backs are pretty good defensively but no doubt he is the reason they are European champions and the best runner up the Prem has ever seen.
Faultless.

I though their best players were their back 4. Robertson and Alexander-Arnold are quality, Matip steps out of defence very well

Faultless.

Matip looked like their weak link (if Liverpool have a weak link these days). I think if we had seen Mousset running at him from the start of the match he would have been forced into an error or two.

He just covers so much of the pitch, both in terms of stature and positioning, VVD makes Harry Maguire look like Claude Davies.

Honestly, Liverpool could play with just him in defence and 6 midfielders and they'd probably be alright if people tracked back occasionally.

Matip and A-A were susceptible to mistakes today and we clearly knew that from the start as the first half we went at them down our left hand side. Should have made more of the dominance. Matip is your typical prem defender, gets touched and falls over complaining. Egan and O Connell for me every day.

Matip and A-A were susceptible to mistakes today and we clearly knew that from the start as the first half we went at them down our left hand side. Should have made more of the dominance. Matip is your typical prem defender, gets touched and falls over complaining. Egan and O Connell for me every day.
Matip has improved a lot but I think that’s a lot down to who he’s playing next to. Egan or JOC next to VVD would be just as good.

Not sure about that. It was Matip losing the ball.

I know but I am saying that if big Van has a flaw it was the bizarre overhit balls across field to the wing.

As a defender no one gives a toss if he can do those balls though.

Back
Top Bottom