Virgil Van Dijk

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Well there needs to be a few posters on here who will only give credit to those in red and white stripes.

We've a 70+ post thread not only praising an opposing player but at the same time being quite critical of a former Blade (Harry Maguire).

At the same time we've a thread that has only 20+ posts about the performance of our very own John Egan.

I suppose that's a rational explanation but to be truthful I don't give Jack Shit about any opposing players we come up against this season.

That's because there's two people arguing in here and the arguments fill multiple pages usually. No-one disagrees that Egan was immense, so you don't need posts saying the same thing when a like will do. I wonder how many likes the OP has in the Egan thread.

Didn’t know before today if he was maybe slightly overhyped? Well that’s that idea fucked off.

Best centre half I’ve ever seen come to the Lane I think and thoroughly deserves the awards and plaudits he gets. What a sublime performance. Won absolutely everything, no one got past him, no one came close in truth. I’ve not seen a centre half so aerially dominant in a long time.

And I’ll tell you what, McBurnie gave him one hell of a game. He’s earned his money this week and been made to work hard for that clean sheet. Robinson gave him a worry as well. Proud as punch.
100% agree - a brilliant performance, faultless ..... but it shows how well we played to make him look like this. Have a great week

Robertson was good going forward, Arnold was excellent both ways, however Enda was incredible today for us and looked better than both.
TAA was the one on Twitter beforehand I posted as a weakness and also their midfield three.

I thought we had a lot of joy there and there were lots of space. Where was he when Fleck charged through? When McBurnie got his shot off? He's good going forward and getting the ball in the box but as a defender, positionally has. Slot to learn in my view.

VVD lived up to his billing. Always there to block, but knew he'd been in a game.

Such a shame Leon's chance did not fall to Billy!

When I watched it back on MOTD , that shot Fleck had he was so unlucky , it hit the trailing leg of the defender as he slid past , Half a second later and he would have scored , he was just unlucky , as we always seem to be when we play the bigger teams !

Watching it back, once he came back onto his right foot, he should have laid it off for Lunny - he would surely have scored. Sooooo frustrating!

That's because there's two people arguing in here and the arguments fill multiple pages usually. No-one disagrees that Egan was immense, so you don't need posts saying the same thing when a like will do. I wonder how many likes the OP has in the Egan thread.
It’s not even a valid debate. VVD is a top player who had a good game, along with Matip. Egan also had a very good game, along with Bash and JOC. Anything else is just people trying to show they’re more clever than everyone else when they’re actually doing the opposite.

Always liked what I saw on TV but to see him in the flesh and watch his anticipation and power was something else. Bearing in mind by his standards he probably wasn’t a 10/10 on Saturday gives us an idea how good he is. Up there amongst the best I’ve ever seen live

It’s not even a valid debate. VVD is a top player who had a good game, along with Matip. Egan also had a very good game, along with Bash and JOC. Anything else is just people trying to show they’re more clever than everyone else when they’re actually doing the opposite.

CVD HAD to have a good game, simple as.

Back
Top Bottom