Villa at home....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It suits me because I will be able to watch it on my hols

If they pay cash in hand, Wilder might be able to get a half decent player for £100K!

Source of revenue we probably weren't expecting to be so reliable as a league one team last season, but can't complain (unless you don't have Sky I suppose).

Shit my pants there for a second, had to book time off for Tuesday..

You missed Barnsley at home and you included Leicester which wasn't available on iFollow anyway.

Funnily enough, just worked it out, but the time we play Hull on Sky, that will be our 34th game of the season, 12 of which have been on sky and therefore ineligible for iFollow.

So based on a cost of GBP 5 for each match pass over the 22 games - it would've cost GBP 110

Cost of Season Pass is GBP 110

So for those taking match passes for each game, you only need one more after Hull to be televised to make the cost of the season pass more expensive than buying individual match passes!

Bit of a joke really.

Nowt better than a big game in the evening ,under the floodlights, big crowd, manager and players right up for it, 2 clubs right in the promotion race to the Premiership. Never mind tv and sky. Get thi sens down t lane. If you can.

Complete joke. The season pass should work out cheaper Than paying match to match
The "season pass" should actually be for the whole season.

Don't get me wrong iFollow is a step in the right direction, but they need to:

• Show every game
  • Include commentary
  • Improve the camera work
  • Make it available to UK subscribers - it already is in essence but they aren't making anything from it
Borders and restrictions simply don't work anymore due to the internet. TV are slowly catching into this. Music has with Spotify. Make it the right product at a reasonable price and it will barely be worth illegally streaming anything.

Pigs will be absolutely seething, I don’t remember them being on TV this much in either of their recent Play off failure season.

Complete joke. The season pass should work out cheaper Than paying match to match
I'm not sure why Sky would want ifollow to succeed. In fact, if I was running Sky, I'd be doing everything I could to make sure it didn't.

The "season pass" should actually be for the whole season.

Don't get me wrong iFollow is a step in the right direction, but they need to:

• Show every game
  • Include commentary
  • Improve the camera work
  • Make it available to UK subscribers - it already is in essence but they aren't making anything from it
Borders and restrictions simply don't work anymore due to the internet. TV are slowly catching into this. Music has with Spotify. Make it the right product at a reasonable price and it will barely be worth illegally streaming anything.
In fairness Spotify isn’t borderless as if you travel a lot and only use it when you’re away it cancels your account!

But yeah, your point is entirely correct.

BushBlade sky don’t operate abroad, which is why it’s only available to those overseas.

The football league had a chance to dictate its terms both home and abroad to ensure that everyone that wants to watch can do. But at the same time, charging nominal fees which would generate huge income without getting all premier league and becoming too greedy.

The football league is extremely well supported but despite overseas broadcasters it’s still often hard to find someone with that channel

Sports bars in Greece, Cyprus and Dubai all had to search out the unusual channel for it.. if they had the channel at all!

In fairness Spotify isn’t borderless as if you travel a lot and only use it when you’re away it cancels your account!

But yeah, your point is entirely correct.

BushBlade sky don’t operate abroad, which is why it’s only available to those overseas.

The football league had a chance to dictate its terms both home and abroad to ensure that everyone that wants to watch can do. But at the same time, charging nominal fees which would generate huge income without getting all premier league and becoming too greedy.

The football league is extremely well supported but despite overseas broadcasters it’s still often hard to find someone with that channel

Sports bars in Greece, Cyprus and Dubai all had to search out the unusual channel for it.. if they had the channel at all!
Only available overseas? I didn't realise how many forum members live abroad. ;)

I cannot think of a time where nine words made less sense to me! My fault; not yours. :)

Edit: I’ve set up a ‘make less sense to Pinchy in nine words’ contest here, haven’t I...
VPN is the Vexatious Pinchy Network

Shame the Villa match is on a Tuesday night regardless. Now on telly makes it worse.

Reckon on a Saturday and no telly we’d have been looking at 30k plus.

Probably about 25k now.

Because overseas football TV contracts would be shared between Sky/PL and tin-pot Football League and Chelsea/Man U/Man C MIGHT LOSE A COUPLE OF QUID:mad:?

ifollow restrictions don't make much sense to me even before you get into the relative ease with which they are circumvented. Watching a stream from a Blades game isn't eroding the economic value of that game either for the club or for the broadcaster: if its on Sky, I will watch it there for better quality of production etc, if it isn't on the telly I would either be at the game or walking the dog. In economic terms the iFollow stream is a complement to watching live or watching a game on Sky, not a substitute.

Back
Top Bottom