Roy's View From... View From Wolves

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I like this comment written at the bottom

" Good match from two good teams who have been underachieving for too long. Only difference between us is that Wolves defended well for 92 minutes and we defended well for 93 minutes. Think both teams will improve next term. "

Mostly reasonable to be fair. I think there’s a bit of a mutual understanding between Blades, Wolves and Burnley fans. Similar mentality. With Wolves, I think it’s been helped by Nuno and Wilder having a love in, both clubs being in League 1 recently and a mutual dislike of Villa. I’d love to see both United and Wolves upset some big names in the end of season reckoning.

Really?
500 difference between average gates this season
And as a midlands club easier to get to for fans from down south
View attachment 85139
🛎🔚

My first thought when I read that comment was the same, if ever there was a club that was the same size as Sheffield United - it's Wolves.

However, having looked in to it a little bit more it's probably fair to say they are slightly bigger than us when you look at their history.

Cheers Panchero!

Must admit I enjoyed Wolves away this season, and last night was even better.

Most of their fans seem a decent lot (the ones in Wolverhampton, for the game, and in the pubs after), but there is alway one, trying to hold back the tears......

"...“They’ll be bottom 7 next season. May Find goals difficult. Will do well to stay up without major strengthening”...."

I was starting to get frustrated at how nice the comments were.

Redeemed yourself with the last few though Roygbiv . Cry some more for me yam yams
When I worked down there, the Yam-Yams were West Brom! Wolves we're the Dog-Heads, Birmingham the Blue-Noses and Villa the Vile. Nobody worried about Walsall 😒

To hell with them; Billy Wright wasn't fit to dubbin Joe Shaw's boots. Marrying a Beverley Sister started a bit of a trend for trophy wives though; fair play to him for that.

My first thought when I read that comment was the same, if ever there was a club that was the same size as Sheffield United - it's Wolves.

However, having looked in to it a little bit more it's probably fair to say they are slightly bigger than us when you look at their history.
There history, especially recent history, is much better than ours. They were one of the real massive teams of the fifties and early sixties especially the Stan Cullis years. As for attendances, it would be better to do a percentage of home supporters as a percentage of the stadium capacity. In Wolves case for example if their away capacity was 500 plus more than us then that would be the increase in average attendance of 500. Our history especially over the last near 100 years is piss poor even compared to Deludedsday from S6.

There history, especially recent history, is much better than ours. They were one of the real massive teams of the fifties and early sixties especially the Stan Cullis years. As for attendances, it would be better to do a percentage of home supporters as a percentage of the stadium capacity. In Wolves case for example if their away capacity was 500 plus more than us then that would be the increase in average attendance of 500. Our history especially over the last near 100 years is piss poor even compared to Deludedsday from S6.

I agree with you apart from the recent history bit. Since the 50s our histories have been pretty much identical.

I agree with you apart from the recent history bit. Since the 50s our histories have been pretty much identical.

Apart from a UEFA Cup Final and winning the League Cup twice...

Wolves will always have my thanks for denying Dirty the League (and Double) in 1972, even after Revie had attempted to bribe several of their players

Apart from a UEFA Cup Final and winning the League Cup twice...

Wolves will always have my thanks for denying Dirty the League (and Double) in 1972, even after Revie had attempted to bribe several of their players

Should have read 70's, either way it's hardly recent history.

Back
Top Bottom