Roy's View From... View From Spurs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

last time I read comments like that was in the 1st division when we were winning the league, but this is fuckin spurs away, SPURS A FUCKIN WAY! And by the way we are fifith! A FUCKIN FIFTH! talk in the pub is we won't be happy with just playing in Europe, got to be THE FUCKIN CHAMPIONS A LEAGUE! it's mental A FUCKIN MENTAL I TELL YA!

“ we struggle so much against bus parkers. We piss away the first 45 minutes pretty much every time. Today we played alright in the first half but no end product and then after breaking the deadlock we just stopped playing. Sheffield United for the first hour struggled to get out of their half but in the last half an hour could have won it.”
What game was this pleb watching looked to me like the team in white shirts struggled to get out of their half for most of the game. Maybe he just looked up the BBC posession stats which don't tell you most of Spurs 61% was in their half.

To be fair, there’s always been a fair amount of goodwill between the clubs - I was talking to half a dozen Spuds at the League Cup match at home, and to a man they all said that they had been looking forward to the visit because United are a proper club with a proper ground and great fans, and Pottch said something similar in his after-match comments.
My first Spurs match was in 1961/2 at the Lane when the incomparable John White gave an awesome exhibition in a 3-3 draw, they’ve always been a special club to me, and this makes today a bit special as well

We could do worse than Wilder imo. He’s the most impressive British coach i’ve seen for a while.
I think Sheff U’s problem is a lack of individual quality still. If they’d had that then they would have absolutely put us to the sword today”

You can fuck off, he is at a top 5 club that he going to build a dynasty at. Why would he want to go to mid table Spurs?

Other than that, Roygbiv your work is magnificent and just makes me need to go and lie down. Adkins nearly broke me, but this journey we have been on is beyond anybody's wildest dreams, and it ain't finished yet.

Where is our ceiling this year? Every time I think it can't get any better it does. We are regarded by Spurs and the national media to be unlucky not to win away at Champions league finalists Spurs and we were. Really humble and complimentary comments on the whole from their fans. Does it get any better than this?

To be fair, there’s always been a fair amount of goodwill between the clubs - I was talking to half a dozen Spuds at the League Cup match at home, and to a man they all said that they had been looking forward to the visit because United are a proper club with a proper ground and great fans, and Pottch said something similar in his after-match comments.
My first Spurs match was in 1961/2 at the Lane when the incomparable John White gave an awesome exhibition in a 3-3 draw, they’ve always been a special club to me, and this makes today a bit special as well
Spurs fans on a whole were great today except for the gang of nobheads who wanted to scrap in the rain on the way to Northumberland Station, bit dodgy for a while otherwise tremendous day when we eventually get home. Great ground

Brilliant Roy ,

It just gets better and better . Fantastic praise and rightfully so ! 👍

Abrigado Roy😎 Respect Spurs fans for those comments. Guess people just may start to notice us now. Bring on next week.....

Amazing how much the opinions change when people actually watch us play.

Almost like all the predictions made from fans, pundits, etc were made with little to no grounding or experience whatsoever.

Just a couple of soft cunts trying to spoil it, but overall a very positive read, and finally fans that can give credit where it's definitely due, well done for that Spurs fans.

Cracking job as always Roy, nice one.

Has it taken the worst VAR decision in history to wake other teams fans up to the fact that we ARE a bloody good team?

Brilliant, cheers Roy think they were impressed by us today👍

Just got in. Sat in hospitality. Only 5 people jumped up when we scored, but didn't. What a fantastic ground. Nice for my dodgy knees to be sat down and padded seats an all. But how I wished I was with the Blades. Nightmare getting away on the train, but friendly chatty Sours fans made it tolerable.
All in all a great day out.

Pass me the tissues.....,

Too late. Cheers Roy

Cheers Panchero!

Cheers Roy , we were outstanding today didn’t get the result we deserved but I didn’t great to see our opponents , one of the top sides in in England give us the credit we deserve .. it’s not the fact that we back playing the big boys it’s the fact we’re playing top draw footbsll with the results & being acknowledged for it... so so proud UTB

Blimey. I feel like I am in some sort of other world. Can this really be us that Spurs supporters are talking about?

In all seriousness though, Spurs are my favourite premier League London club. Somehow they always seem more grounded than the others. Also, whenever we have played against them (which hasn't been all that often in recent history!) their supporters have always seemed pretty decent.

Back
Top Bottom