Roy's View From... View From Leicester

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Let's face it, in truth they were lucky twice over, once in scoring a worldie and secondly in catching us on an off day. What they forget is they have to play us again...…..;);)

Cheers Roy as always. Some fair comments on there but still I think I see a gap in the market to make a few quid so Im digging the old Anvil out and setting up a stall for the Bank Holiday :rolleyes: UTB

How do you get the nod in a court case?
View attachment 60350

Think this explains a few comments. They think we are a long ball team due to our past. It's going to take a while to get rid of the tag as our most successful teams have been hoofball.

In the same way Forest and West Ham are associated with good football , we are associated with direct football so every longer pass or robust challenge just adds to the cemented view of Sheffield United. The media don't help either.

What I also find ridiculous is that this comment comes from a fan of a team that literally won the premier league by continually lumping the ball straight from defence to Vardy on the break. As enjoyable as that title was for most neutrals it can hardly have been described as pure football.

A lot of their comments were decent though to be fair. I wasn't at all impressed with Leicester to be honest, I genuinely think we could have won that had they not scored the second when they did. We were so on top once we've equalised and that goal came out of nothing but got to take my hat off to the finish.

Leicester will finish top 10 based on that performance but we should take more positives than them and I firmly believe McBurnie and Mousset will eventually be the top two we go with and that will definitely be a real threat this season.

A lot of their comments were decent though to be fair. I wasn't at all impressed with Leicester to be honest, I genuinely think we could have won that had they not scored the second when they did. We were so on top once we've equalised and that goal came out of nothing but got to take my hat off to the finish.

Leicester will finish top 10 based on that performance but we should take more positives than them and I firmly believe McBurnie and Mousset will eventually be the top two we go with and that will definitely be a real threat this season.

Seems another team had an 'off day'.

Amazing.
Clever bastards aren't they? I think I preferred them when they were just a provincial team who'd won fuck all and had dick all support.

Now they seem to think they are Premier League royalty. Sort of team who gets complacent and when Vardy gets old they'll be fighting relegation.

Clever bastards aren't they? I think I preferred them when they were just a provincial team who'd won fuck all and had dick all support.

Now they seem to think they are Premier League royalty. Sort of team who gets complacent and when Vardy gets old they'll be fighting relegation.

For all their quality, Vardy was the biggest threat and without him I think they'd be half the threat. You've got to take your hat off to him even though he's one of them he's had a great career and had to do it the hard way from non-league. I seem to recall that he was touted to both Sheffield clubs for a million but neither wanted to pay the fee for a then non-league player.

As for Leicester City, they've had a great last 20 years or so to be fair winning the League Cup two times and then the PL of course but their fans are still average and their ground is soulless as a few have said.

I remember years ago being in a car full of blades on our way to filbert street we won 2-0 I think with them having heskey up front who looked like a heavyweight boxer playing in a charity game

Few things from that game stuck in my mind
They booed their team off the pitch and chanted for the manager to be sacked ( Martin o' Neil ) who won pretty much every game after that and got them promoted

They were selling team posters outside for a pound as they couldn't get rid of them

We got lost on the way there and asked an old guy walking his dog for directions
He told us we couldn't miss it as it's near the rugby ground which he said is bigger than the city of Sheffield

I had a pint a few years later with Chris turner the ex Wednesday boss and he was part of the coaching staff at Leicester
He told me that o Neill was sat in the boot room with his head in his hands about to hand in his resignation until turner gave him a little pep talk about the upcoming fixtures and how they could get results out of them all and still make the play offs
He said he didn't really believe it but it was his job
O Neil perked up and took Leicester into the premier League

Moral of the story is that Leicester fans are cunts who don't know how lucky they are

I remember when Manure came to the Lane in our last Prem season.

Their fans said of us, "Proper football stadium with a proper football crowd"

That'll do me!

They play in a stadium that was christened with the name of some crisps.. how they can poke fun at something real as opposed to their plastic existence is beyond me !

Talking bout Leicester..

Our football is great, yours is not.
We're classy but you only trouble us by working hard.
Naturally we won but if we hadn't it was a fluke.
This is why I don't like cosying up to any of the other fans in this division irrespective of what they say of us beforehand.
There is nothing Classy about them tramps end of story

I remember years ago being in a car full of blades on our way to filbert street we won 2-0 I think with them having heskey up front who looked like a heavyweight boxer playing in a charity game

Few things from that game stuck in my mind
They booed their team off the pitch and chanted for the manager to be sacked ( Martin o' Neil ) who won pretty much every game after that and got them promoted

They were selling team posters outside for a pound as they couldn't get rid of them

We got lost on the way there and asked an old guy walking his dog for directions
He told us we couldn't miss it as it's near the rugby ground which he said is bigger than the city of Sheffield

I had a pint a few years later with Chris turner the ex Wednesday boss and he was part of the coaching staff at Leicester
He told me that o Neill was sat in the boot room with his head in his hands about to hand in his resignation until turner gave him a little pep talk about the upcoming fixtures and how they could get results out of them all and still make the play offs
He said he didn't really believe it but it was his job
O Neil perked up and took Leicester into the premier League

Moral of the story is that Leicester fans are cunts who don't know how lucky they are
Which game was this? The only time I remember MON being booed was shortly after he joined them, when Kendall had just taken over at the Lane.

Yeah, that’s the one. I didn’t realise he’d been there three months, I thought it was a little less than this. I remember the Leicester fans kicking off and there were loads on that phone in R5 did calling for him to be sacked and thinking ‘yeah, we’re down the table but we’ve just got a new manager, one that’s actually won the league, we’re not as shit as you think we are’.

Leicester are shit club with shit fans and a shit stadium but I’m absolutely desperate for their supporters to validate our team and way of playing.

Cheers Roy.

Had a Leicester fan come up to me in the pub after the match and he said "Good luck with the rest of the season and if you play like you did today, you'll definitely stay up."

I overheard that same group of LC fans talking about how Vardy was their best ever player...
I had a similar conversation with a group of 4 mid-20s LCFC fans on the walk back to the car. They were obviously happy with the win, and shared the sentiment that if you're going to lose a game, losing it to a worldie (foul on Egan aside) is about the best way to do it in so much as all you can do is appreciate it. They were all convinced we'd stay up without any difficulty. Newcastle and Brighton both picked up unlikely (in my view) results at the weekend, so goes to show that we can get points even against the really big teams at the top end of the table... in theory at least!

Back
Top Bottom