Roy's View From... View From Leicester

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Thought Leicester were bang average and damn lucky to leave with all the points.

Can see them finishing mid table at best. If it weren’t for a gift from Basham and then a worldie then they would have left with fuck all. Can’t remember Hendo having to make one save or them actually creating any other chances.

For a team that must have genuinely been awarded close to £1b over the past 6 years in the Prem compared to our fuck all in the lower leagues then they have hardly propelled themselves out of sight.
Its one game though, we clearly don't play like that every week. I agree that a draw would've maybe been a fairer result but neither side were at their sparkling best. Hard fought away wins in this league are like.gold dust

Embarrassing to see some of the Leicester fans reactions to the game. I didn't think you lot looked like a newly promoted team for most of the game. The worry would be who's gonna get you enough goals although that McBurnie should chip in a few when he gets regular game time

Screenshot_20190825-122445.png

Think this explains a few comments. They think we are a long ball team due to our past. It's going to take a while to get rid of the tag as our most successful teams have been hoofball.

In the same way Forest and West Ham are associated with good football , we are associated with direct football so every longer pass or robust challenge just adds to the cemented view of Sheffield United. The media don't help either.

My view of the Blades is through Red and White tinged spectacles, accepted. I’m either a clapper or a slasher, no in between.

But, reading those posts, I’m astounded that some of them don’t recognise that as well as determination we have skills, strength and tactics. Presumably they have formed their opinions through unconscious bias and MOTD highlights.

Have to say though, PL Big Boys and how many saves did Hendo make?
Unfortunately none .....😥😥😥

View attachment 60350

Think this explains a few comments. They think we are a long ball team due to our past. It's going to take a while to get rid of the tag as our most successful teams have been hoofball.

In the same way Forest and West Ham are associated with good football , we are associated with direct football so every longer pass or robust challenge just adds to the cemented view of Sheffield United. The media don't help either.
That first half won't have helped then
We hoofed it and passed the ball out of play under no pressure for the majority of the half
People can only base their opinions on what they see
Second half we were much better but we still looked to get it out wide and relied on crosses

There style of play was much more sophisticated , we frustrated them but I think we let ourselves down mentally we looked shit scared first half and then retreated twenty yards after we scored

Only seen.us do this a few times under wilder and usually he makes sure it doesn't happen again.
Think on this occasion this might be one of those defeats where we learn more than.from a good result

Watch the extended highlights where we played very good on the floor football for both halves
I admit we were sloppy in the first half and far better in the second. We could have easily won that game IF the chances were converted.

Hoofing the ball out of defence when under pressure in danger areas is not to be feared. I just wish Bash has done something similar for their goal.

We will be fine this year that I have no doubts about. We may well get some batterings against the top 10 teams but then again we are not in competition with those teams - it's the other bottom 9 that we have to beat.

I expect us to hit the 45 point mark based on what I have seen so far. 12 wins and 9 draws with 17 losses is not an impossible task.

UTMB

View attachment 60350

They've got short memories. They've spent more seasons (62) in the second tier than the top tier (51), have been in the third tier as recently as 2009 and were seven points adrift at the bottom of the PL on April 3, 2015. Amazing what a multi-billionaire owner and the gifting of a stadium can do...

That first half won't have helped then
We hoofed it and passed the ball out of play under no pressure for the majority of the half
People can only base their opinions on what they see
Second half we were much better but we still looked to get it out wide and relied on crosses

There style of play was much more sophisticated , we frustrated them but I think we let ourselves down mentally we looked shit scared first half and then retreated twenty yards after we scored

Only seen.us do this a few times under wilder and usually he makes sure it doesn't happen again.
Think on this occasion this might be one of those defeats where we learn more than.from a good result
A very good assessment eddie, I don’t mind us mixing it up a bit and finding out what works best, I just think we didn’t put enough crosses in as they were causing them all sorts of problems.

As you say, we’ll learn a lot from that game and performance.

Was talking to 2 Leicester fans (in their 50’s) walking away from the ground.

They both said they were very impressed with SU, to say we’ve just come up.
Said that many of their fans will probably say that LC were under par but said he recognises that not many away teams will create many chances at BL.
He said they played Wolves the other week and thought we were at a similar level to Wolves.
Said if we continue to play like that we’ll easily stay up.

S

Starting to grind my gears a bit the coverage of the goal.

Wilder has his own reasons for slamming the players and I can understand after the first half.

But, they failed to break us down at all the entire match, whereas we at least scored a legitimate goal from open play. We need a swap up front though. We can't keep playing the first half without presenting a goal threat.

End of the day, their opening goal was a silly mistake. Their winner was a worldy with about a 4% success rate and it was also a foul on Egan than unforgivably in the days of VAR was totally overlooked.

That second half, especially after the goal, we pissed on them. They got lucky. Play like this, we would have bad luck all the time.

Its one game though, we clearly don't play like that every week. I agree that a draw would've maybe been a fairer result but neither side were at their sparkling best. Hard fought away wins in this league are like.gold dust

Embarrassing to see some of the Leicester fans reactions to the game. I didn't think you lot looked like a newly promoted team for most of the game. The worry would be who's gonna get you enough goals although that McBurnie should chip in a few when he gets regular game time

I see the league as being pretty much in three sections. Bournemouth and palace you'd think would be with us and we have taken 4 points. I see you guys as being at the top of the middle section, with a fair stab at Europa League. So a win or draw would have been nice for us but wasnt to be.

Mixed bag of opinions from you guys so.thanks for the positive ones, and a Crab Airlines ticket to Guantanamo Bay for the negative ones :)

“It was old fashioned tactics in an old fashioned stadium with an old fashioned, blood and thunder atmosphere.”

I found something really sad about that comment.....because unfortunately it's true.
The sport I grew up with as a kid has become 'old-fashioned'
Traditional atmosphere-filled grounds replaced by modern, middle class theatres.
Big brother CCTVs watching our every seated move.
No venting of adult frustration with adult language please, we're here to be entertained and to get our over-inflated money's worth.
Maybe I'm just getting old.
Bang on, it’s sad, but it’s reality.

Given the state of the modern game, old fashioned is exactly where we should remain.

The disappointing thing for me is the game was a close one I can't really comment on Leicester City too much but in the 1st half we were shit I have not seen us give the ball away so cheaply for a long time. Up against a team that will finish in the top half of the League and we don't turn up and mainly sat 8 men back in our own half yet they have one effort on target and score we can't gift chances like that if we want to stay in this division. Their second goal, yeah their guy held Egan down and the finish was a worldie but we never attempted to cut the cross out he had all the time in the world to look up and aim for their attackers. I don't buy into the thoughts that we did well against a good team we didn't we were poor by our standards. I can see where their fans say we will struggle play like that at Chelsea and we will get well and truly hammered they have far more quality than Leicester city. Having said all that we were the better team for long periods in the 2nd half. Really disappointed with this result and performance.

S
Starting to grind my gears a bit the coverage of the goal.

Wilder has his own reasons for slamming the players and I can understand after the first half.

But, they failed to break us down at all the entire match, whereas we at least scored a legitimate goal from open play. We need a swap up front though. We can't keep playing the first half without presenting a goal threat.

End of the day, their opening goal was a silly mistake. Their winner was a worldy with about a 4% success rate and it was also a foul on Egan than unforgivably in the days of VAR was totally overlooked.

That second half, especially after the goal, we pissed on them. They got lucky. Play like this, we would have bad luck all the time.
Yeah we were unlucky not to get something out of the game ( which on reflection ) considering how poor we were first half is something to be proud of

Can't remember waking up the morning after a defeat feeling so non plussed ,I'm normally really pissed off but can't help but feel that if we can play that bad ( for half the game ) and still be unlucky to lose we will be ok
Yesterday was a greater test if where we are as a team than we've had in out last few seasons and I still feel there is a lot more to come from us
The flat 3 in midfield doesn't give us as much possession as we are used to but we were uncharacteristically sloppy in possession yesterday and I hope Wilders rollicking might flick a switch with a few players that they need to be braver and think quicker and with the solid platform of the back 5 look to bide our time a little more

I see the league as being pretty much in three sections. Bournemouth and palace you'd think would be with us and we have taken 4 points. I see you guys as being at the top of the middle section, with a fair stab at Europa League. So a win or draw would have been nice for us but wasnt to be.

Mixed bag of opinions from you guys so.thanks for the positive ones, and a Crab Airlines ticket to Guantanamo Bay for the negative ones :)
If your Crab-bus A380 needs an increase in power, my neighbour has chucked out his old hedge trimmer.
Do try to get it before the scrap man. There's a good chap.

If your Crab-bus A380 needs an increase in power, my neighbour has chucked out his old hedge trimmer.
Do try to get it before the scrap man. There's a good chap.

It's fair to say that In an effort to maintain profit margins, I tend to buy planes that may need a "fettle".......

Our football is great, yours is not.
We're classy but you only trouble us by working hard.
Naturally we won but if we hadn't it was a fluke.
This is why I don't like cosying up to any of the other fans in this division irrespective of what they say of us beforehand.

It’s starting to spoil the season a bit for me, having to share the league with these clueless, Sky Sports, entitled bedwetter fans of other Premier League clubs

Seems another team had an 'off day'.

Amazing.

“Sheff U were literally sideways, sideways and then hopefully hoof a cross in. Repeat. No dynamism”

I actually agree with that comment.

Because Ricardo nullified our threats down the left we became overreliant on Baldock to produce something in/around their box.

We need to look at playing more through the middle and I wonder if the absence of Fleck was the reason for that?
hoofball from the wings now? didn’t they used to call it a cross? :)

Seems another team had an 'off day'.

Amazing.

I think we should all call for Wilders head if we don’t get in the CL spots this year. We’ve had another easy fixture list and everyone is playing shit against us. Questions have to be asked soon as to where we get the luck from every season 😉

It's fair to say that In an effort to maintain profit margins, I tend to buy planes that may need a "fettle".......
Avionics term, Trim.
Sheffieldish term, Fettle.

Any landing you can walk away from... etc, so on, such like.

1961 FA Cup semi final 2nd replay
Robbed in the first match at Elland Road when Doc Pace scored a great goal right in front of me to take us to Wembley. It was a perfectly good goal and the ref twenty years on said he regretted getting that decision wrong. Hated Leicester from that moment on even more after City Ground and especially St Andrews

Ive been away abroad since the start of August and havent had chance to watch us play yet, have we really gone back to long ball tactics of 5 years ago or is it just crappy comments from the Leicester fans?

many thanks Roymundo

To think I wanted that set o cunts to win the Prem........

Back
Top Bottom