Roy's View From... View From Leicester

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Cheers Roy.

Had a Leicester fan come up to me in the pub after the match and he said "Good luck with the rest of the season and if you play like you did today, you'll definitely stay up."

I overheard that same group of LC fans talking about how Vardy was their best ever player...

“Sheff U were literally sideways, sideways and then hopefully hoof a cross in. Repeat. No dynamism”

I actually agree with that comment.

Because Ricardo nullified our threats down the left we became overreliant on Baldock to produce something in/around their box.

We need to look at playing more through the middle and I wonder if the absence of Fleck was the reason for that?

“It was old fashioned tactics in an old fashioned stadium with an old fashioned, blood and thunder atmosphere.”

I found something really sad about that comment.....because unfortunately it's true.
The sport I grew up with as a kid has become 'old-fashioned'
Traditional atmosphere-filled grounds replaced by modern, middle class theatres.
Big brother CCTVs watching our every seated move.
No venting of adult frustration with adult language please, we're here to be entertained and to get our over-inflated money's worth.
Maybe I'm just getting old.

Don't forget those Plastic Clapper things they have now.

I get the impression that those with the largely inaccurate negative comments would pass the same judgement against any team they deem to be beneath them. Nothing personal against us, just uneducated, defensive comments as they expected it to be a walk over, and it certainly was not!

Thank you Roy. Enjoy your holiday.

Obviously a game of two halves. The half that watched it and had Half a football brain, and the other half, who missed the game and listened to local radio for 5 minutes at the end.

“Sheff Utd will beat many average sides at home. I like how they look to get the ball into quality areas before crossing. Not a team who lumps and hopes.They will however get picked off by the top sides on the break”

This lad summed it up about right

Very mixed comments on there. Will be interesting to see how many comments there will be saying we reduced 'their team' down to our level and how long it will be before we get credit for playing he way we do.

So somehow in the mind of a Leicester fan passing the ball round the defence like twats on the edge of their area makes them connoisseurs of the beautiful game whereas we play hoofball. Congratulations Leicester on your extra 2% possesion against nailed on 20th place relegation certainties. I wasn't impressed with them at all, thought they were very average.
Great user name, Darkers :D

TBH. They’re starting to sound like Liverpool fans after reading some of these comments😳. Self entitled and delusional twats.
Talking to a Liverpool based foxes fan on the train home yesterday and he said we will definitely stay up and it took a brilliant defensive display and a world class goal for them to beat us. Have to say that I agreed with him although we were a bit sloppy in possession in the first half.
We move on to Chelsea😀. UTB ⚔️⚔️⚔️

Thanks Roy
I must have been to a different game, reading their comments.
You know I was just thinking the same yes first half we did hit a few long ball to no one .But second half we dominated it .did we take off a striker and bring on a defender no at the end it was a top 6 team supposedly defending a lead for their life's as we looked the only team likely to score

I get the impression that those with the largely inaccurate negative comments would pass the same judgement against any team they deem to be beneath them. Nothing personal against us, just uneducated, defensive comments as they expected it to be a walk over, and it certainly was not!

Some knowledgable comments and some that betray what we already know. These extra fans that have rolled up since they experienced some success (not that we know anything about that 🤔) with a Sky Sports/MOTD education. If a pundit says it, it must be true!

Only one example, but I met a Leicester fan in the Lee season who asked “Whose your manager?” and when told “Never heard of him”.

Football, if nothing else, is a game of opinions, but to be so far off reality can be the only reason for some of those comments being so far removed from reality.

To be fair to Leicester City though, it IS a rugby city that lived in the shade of Coventry City, Derby and Forest for decades.

Thought Leicester were bang average and damn lucky to leave with all the points.

Can see them finishing mid table at best. If it weren’t for a gift from Basham and then a worldie then they would have left with fuck all. Can’t remember Hendo having to make one save or them actually creating any other chances.

For a team that must have genuinely been awarded close to £1b over the past 6 years in the Prem compared to our fuck all in the lower leagues then they have hardly propelled themselves out of sight.

If Leicester get European football this season I'll be shocked.

I love how they comment on some of our tactics, which clearly shows some of them haven't seen the game, but won a premier league title playing shithouse football and then hitting teams on the break

Cheers Panchero!

Fucking morons, I doubt some of them even went to the game.

This is a fanbase that have clappers in their home ground and still shout "you're shit, AHH" for goalkicks.

I'm envious of what they achieved a few years ago but their fans are as plastic as they come
Yes the 'you're shit Ahh' made me smile. Years since I've heard that.

I didn’t think we played well at all, especially in the first half, which only bodes well when you consider we played Barcelona yesterday and lost to a big mistake and a worldie.

Daft cunts!

Just been on their fans site , what a set of wankers they are , they really do think they are Billy Big Bollocks nowadays .. still dining out on a season when the top sides were shit and allowed a bang average side to win the league .

Plenty of plastic PL fans have got pre-conceived notions about us in their head and regardless of what they see on the pitch it makes them feel a little bit better about themselves to write us off as a long ball, physical bunch of cloggers.

It's too embarrassing for some of them to admit they were often outplayed, on the deck, by a team who only just made it up to the Prem. According to the stats we made 317 successful passes compared to their 350. Possession was 49-51. Hmmm. Kinda disproves some of the nonsense they're chatting instantly!

They are relegation bound, but at home, on a long unbeaten streak at the start of their Premier League return

So 2 games unbeaten is classed as a long unbeaten streak, sums up their mentality for me.

Cheers Roy.

Some sensible comments. But for a team who's main tactic is to hoof it to poacher Vardy, they are taking the piss.

Back
Top Bottom