View from Leeds

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

For what it's worth, Villa are currently in better form than them, I don't expect them to get a result against them.

Having seen a few of the Dirties' games this season, I still maintain that both Villa and Brentford will be problematic for them.

They really are an odd team to watch because all of the statistics, just like yesterday against the Pigs, suggest that they are dominating teams but whenever I've seen them, they never strike me as being a particularly talented team.

Yes, they run about at full tilt for the full 90+ minutes as if they're on performance-enhancing drugs, and a few of them play right on the edges of the law (particularly that horrible piece of work, Phillips - Hutchinson, as the Pigs enforcer, blatantly took retribution on him yesterday for 2 nasty fouls on Reach and Matthias) and have lots of possession, but they never seem particularly potent. It rarely feels, for all the possession, as if they are likely to score.

Brentford are a potent team at home and Villa are getting 2 or 3 goals a game everywhere. I just don't see Leeds having the firepower to win those 2 particular fixtures.

The problem is that, even if Leeds get a draw and a defeat in those 2 games, we would probably need 10 points from the last 4 games to overhaul them, and we're really not in the sort of form that we need to be able to do that.

They do deserve it to be fair. They’re doing it at the business end of the season. Their performances haven’t dipped like ours. Their lead isn’t insurmountable, I wouldn’t be surprised if they dropped 3 points between now and the end of the season, but we’re not going to be good enough to capitalise on recent showings. I also think they’ll probably overtake our goal difference with Wigan and Ipswich still to play.

Sadly it looks like we’re stumbling into the play-offs, probably to face Bristol, who have beaten us twice this season, over two legs. The winner will probably play Aston Villa who are flying at the moment. Realistically, I think our season ended yesterday. If that is the case we can all still be very proud of what they achieved, it’s a big opportunity missed and we’ll probably lose one, or two players next season but we’ll go again. Hopefully with some lessons learned.

I can't see Villa or Brentford being a problem for the scum Brentford have nothing to play for and neither will Villa by the time they meet a draw and no injuries would suit both. I fear we are relying on agent Clark and Wigan the only team left with something to play for, Ipswich are down and Leeds should trounce them on the last day. It's all become rather hopeful for us now.

Enjoying the realism on this thread so far. Autos have gone, playoffs it is.

Yes we need them to slip up but the bigger concern is us. I’m not sure if it’s the effects of a long season or the tension is just getting to everybody.

We are just performing when it counts. Sadly. Keep the faith though.
UTB.

They do deserve it to be fair. They’re doing it at the business end of the season. Their performances haven’t dipped like ours. Their lead isn’t insurmountable, I wouldn’t be surprised if they dropped 3 points between now and the end of the season, but we’re not going to be good enough to capitalise on recent showings. I also think they’ll probably overtake our goal difference with Wigan and Ipswich still to play.

Sadly it looks like we’re stumbling into the play-offs, probably to face Bristol, who have beaten us twice this season, over two legs. The winner will probably play Aston Villa who are flying at the moment. Realistically, I think our season ended yesterday. If that is the case we can all still be very proud of what they achieved, it’s a big opportunity missed and we’ll probably lose one, or two players next season but we’ll go again. Hopefully with some lessons learned.

Completely agree, we pretty much chucked our auto chances away yesterday and they fully capitalised on it.

Play offs and us are a complete waste of time as we all know, we might as well let 7th play in our place.

We really must throw everything at the next four games, leave absolutely nothing on the pitch and fight to the death to try and claw Leeds back and pray they lose some points as otherwise it’s another year in the championship.

Having said all of that, feeling very down & deflated. I’d have snatched your hand off for 6th place at the beginning of the season and we must not forget just how well the players
& Wilder have done to get us where we are.

It’s the hope that kills you.

Not sure where you get that Leeds think we are up . The majority think it will go to the wire . We’re playing well but we’re average v Brum . No easy games for either of us . We never get owt at Brentford. Their small pitch doesn’t suit us and the Villa game could go either way .

Like they were going to against Wednesday?

A Villa side who will be secure in the PO?

All academic if we continue to play as we have, they could lose to Villa but if we haven't won the next 3 it will be irrelevant...

So if they have already secured promotion they’d be happy to lose?

I think it’s more likely they’ll want to win to keep the momentum going

Leeds fan here, been following your forum for a few years as our lass is a blade

I can categorically say we're not up yet, Villa worries me but all we need to do is match your results.

I'm nervous slightly less after Millwall scored but still it's not going to be any less stressful for us as it is for you.

But i do hope if it's you in the play-offs you win them, the top 3 are the best 3 in the league and should go up.

I don’t get it lads, I thought you were already promoted after winning at Leeds the way you were carrying on?

Play offs and us are a complete waste of time as we all know, we might as well let 7th play in our place.

It’s the hope that kills you.
No!
We've fucked them up in the past, with completely different managers and players. Not one common theme from then til now. We are 15 points in front of 7th for a reason!
Fight for auto, and fight and believe if we end up in playoffs.

They were crap a few weeks ago when we beat them, they're now world beaters. I think the reality is somewhere in the middle.
Aye, we were really crap weren't we.

Was that the same game we totally dominated and got done with a sucker punch?

Take them rose tinted glasses off and at least be honest eh.

I don’t get it lads, I thought you were already promoted after winning at Leeds the way you were carrying on?

You've already been told to do humanity a favour and fuck off and die, so why haven't you.
Stop making lies up you stupid fucking moron

I don't get it lads, I thought your magnificent run had you in the playoffs by now? Why don't you go and troll somewhere else you sad little man.

Like they were going to against Wednesday?

A Villa side who will be secure in the PO?

All academic if we continue to play as we have, they could lose to Villa but if we haven't won the next 3 it will be irrelevant...
It will all be sorted this Easter weekend.

They were crap a few weeks ago when we beat them, they're now world beaters. I think the reality is somewhere in the middle.

We were hardly crap we were the better team, you defended well & nicked it

Back
Top Bottom