View From Coventry

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

“All this shit about trying to get the game abandoned reminded me a match they played against Albion.
Did that nice chap Warnock get a player to feign injury hoping for a referees abandonment due to only having 7 players left on the pitch ?
Didn’t work for the cheating bastards though , iirc West Bromwich were awarded the points.”

^^This has got nothing to do with anything.

I was feeling a bit more sympathetic towards them tonight no more. Cocks.

No
Our players tried to assassinate West Brom's players, something that they probably thought was hilarious at the time

And we went down to six men due to sendings off and genuine injuries

Our injured players missed quite a few games after that

I feel sorry for them after reading that. Actually, no. No, I don't.

Thanks Roy!

“Sheffield united what a shit club, only sing for 2 mins after scoring and about sisu”

More lies. We Sang throughout the 90 minutes not one song about SISU,

I do however remember our visit to their place in 2007 / 08 when the "One Carlos Tevez song was ringing around the place"

What goes around comes around. Enjoy the slide into the Conference Coventry.

"Reading some comments linking this game to what the Luftwaffe did to Coventry in 1940 leaves me cold.”

Tbf if the Luftwaffe hit you the last thing you'd be is cold.

Probably the comment of the year.

Some decent comments followed by some very bitter comments with a few factually incorrect comments thrown in. Pretty standard really and as to be expected. Thanks Roy

“Apologies in advance but are we talking about the same Sheffield united that average 500 away fans at away games? Even my Sheffield united workmate doesn’t get this anti cov thing. He finds it a bit childish and embarrassing.”

I don't know are we ?

“All this shit about trying to get the game abandoned reminded me a match they played against Albion.
Did that nice chap Warnock get a player to feign injury hoping for a referees abandonment due to only having 7 players left on the pitch ?
Didn’t work for the cheating bastards though , iirc West Bromwich were awarded the points.”

^^This has got nothing to do with anything.

I was feeling a bit more sympathetic towards them tonight no more. Cocks.

It's also not what happened. It was down to six players, Ullathorne was a bit of a crock and out for over a month after the game, and we immediately informed the FA we weren't interested in a replay and they should award the points to WBA.

We may not be a huge club any more, but we don’t have to worry about being overshadowed by another team in the city like they do

They never were huge, just perenial relegation avoiders. And once their luck ran out, they were fucked.

As for being overshadowed, they are dwarfed by Wasps!

Anyway, fuck them. They've been dealt with and now can be forgotten. Never liked them, plus my brother in law is a fan of theirs, and he's a cunt.

Back
Top Bottom