Van Winckle

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Thing is, there's a virtually unlimited number of young players in the UK and Ireland who have potential. Its getting them to realise that potential that's the difficult part. I don't think CW and AK would be averse to signing foreign players, its more to do with how much we want to spend on scouting abroad.

I hope wa'd take a look at any players recommended from the Prince's Belgian club.

Chris has often spoke about a 8 or 10 point checklist that they use when looking at potential new players, I presume a some of these qualities are based on character, ability to become part of a team rather than a superstar etc. Having a DoF or owner telling him who he should sign is never going to work and upset the harmony we currently have, look across the city for a perfect example, I'm convinced Meester Chansiri was buying the players, then telling Car-loss look who I've got you, he'll score you goals. Look how that turned out!

Personally I think the Manager should be responsible for recruitment for the team he picks to go out on Saturday, he might make a few mistakes along the way, which manager hasn't, but I trust the way things have been for the last 2 years and want them to continue. Hopefully with a bigger, well spent budget

Chris has often spoke about a 8 or 10 point checklist that they use when looking at potential new players, I presume a some of these qualities are based on character, ability to become part of a team rather than a superstar etc. Having a DoF or owner telling him who he should sign is never going to work and upset the harmony we currently have, look across the city for a perfect example, I'm convinced Meester Chansiri was buying the players, then telling Car-loss look who I've got you, he'll score you goals. Look how that turned out!

Personally I think the Manager should be responsible for recruitment for the team he picks to go out on Saturday, he might make a few mistakes along the way, which manager hasn't, but I trust the way things have been for the last 2 years and want them to continue. Hopefully with a bigger, well spent budget
It’s much harder to do proper due diligence on foreign players, which is why you see so many foreign players in the championship who are technically good but often relatively ineffective and so many clubs have disharmonious dressing rooms where the players don’t really play for each other.
It can be very useful if it’s done right and you can get some bargains but it can be a waste of money if you get it wrong.

You need bottle and heart to do well in the championship and they’re difficult to scout.

Back
Top Bottom