Updates from Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would you still think that way if you were one of the ones he'd smacked on West St for being a Blade?

But he's not one of them is he, so let's leave the dramatics at the door and get on with it. Remember, if my Aunt was my Uncle, she'd have a pair of balls.

I think Wilder makes a pretty good case for the signing in the full interview tbh. Can play alongside any of the current strikers, and has been in to give us a specific option at this particular point of the season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p06xpmcd

Yeah, at least Wilder regularly acts early which makes a change from previous years when it's regularly gone to the wire and we've too often been left weaker.

Having now listened to the interview, Wilder said “It’s going along fine” re: recruitment when asked specifically by Giddings on the potential 3rd signing.

I know the lad personally, it's not necessarily as one sided as some on here are making out...

Madine also paid a princes sum to the 'victim'.
Madine smacks you in the gob and he has to pay you a large sum of money?

Bert's monthly bar bill is due at his Gentleman's Club, this has given him an idea....

Sorry but its hard to support a player who is a total prick like Madine, sooner he F's off the better. I'll try and not boo the tw@t (That will be me trying to "grow up" about the situation), but I ain't clapping or cheering his name like some of the chavy thugs we seem to have supporting him.
He's assaulted people, he's personally hated on the blades.
I don't care what Wilder says about him, he's a stain on our club and I can't wait till the loan is over.

If you know the lad personally as you say, what does he think of the signing?
Haven't spoken to him about it, in the immediate aftermath he wasn't Madines biggest fan as I'm sure you can imagine.

I also wouldn't have thought he'd be too chuffed with him coming back and will probably be avoiding west street on a Saturday night henceforth!

Would you still think that way if you were one of the ones he'd smacked on West St for being a Blade?
I think that you couple probably refer to the other couple of dozen times somebody’s already asked that question on here if you wanted to know the answer.

Time to move on I think now mate or just vote with your feet if not. 4 years ago, a ‘keeper who'd killed two young lads and maimed their Dad for life due to his drunken and dangerous driving turned up at the Lane in a Cup game and he barely got a boo. I thought he’d get stick but even as an opposition player it seemed that the crowd had moved on. That’s life, you can’t contol it.

Haven't spoken to him about it, in the immediate aftermath he wasn't Madines biggest fan as I'm sure you can imagine.

I also wouldn't have thought he'd be too chuffed with him coming back and will probably be avoiding west street on a Saturday night henceforth!

Well ask him :)

Look on the bright side, he'll be punching Wendy fans from now on. .....:rolleyes:

He has already done that. When he got sentenced it was for breaking a Wednesday fans nose and a blades jaw both within 4 weeks.

As I said I didn't really know much about it other than he'd attacked and injured a blades fan, if it really was completely unprovoked then it's obviously far worse (I wouldn't blame him for hitting someone who was being a twat and in his face etc.) but remember this happened almost 7 years ago and he's served his time, he was also drunk at the time (not an excuse) but his lack of judgement can at least be understood. I think he would really help himself by apologising publicly on twitter/in an interview and explaining that this is all behind him, however I trust Wilder in his judgement of Madine as a whole (not just a player) and hope he does well for us.

As I said I didn't really know much about it other than he'd attacked and injured a blades fan, if it really was completely unprovoked then it's obviously far worse (I wouldn't blame him for hitting someone who was being a twat and in his face etc.) but remember this happened almost 7 years ago and he's served his time, he was also drunk at the time (not an excuse) but his lack of judgement can at least be understood. I think he would really help himself by apologising publicly on twitter/in an interview and explaining that this is all behind him, however I trust Wilder in his judgement of Madine as a whole (not just a player) and hope he does well for us.
A few people have suggested there must be more to it, but having been on the receiving end of an unprovoked attack, I know it happens and it's a certain type of person that does it. The concern from me is the number of offences and reports from people about his attitude and behaviour. If it had been just a single event, he'd done his pennance and it was a while ago, I wouldn't have quite the concerns I do. You are right, a public apology and statement of intent would help a lot - even if it might not be completely believed - but as far as I'm aware, he's never done that, which isn't good either.

There will still be a load of Princesses moaning. Just get on with it your leader has spoken. I personally can't wait to see Madine be an absolute Goal Machine.

Another laughable, shit house comment on here just because others disagree with you.

Check Mr Cowens' Twitter feed out. Does he qualify as a princess?

But he's not one of them is he, so let's leave the dramatics at the door and get on with it. Remember, if my Aunt was my Uncle, she'd have a pair of balls.
Not as big as Gary Madine’s though!

Reactions: FYT
A few people have suggested there must be more to it, but having been on the receiving end of an unprovoked attack, I know it happens and it's a certain type of person that does it. The concern from me is the number of offences and reports from people about his attitude and behaviour. If it had been just a single event, he'd done his pennance and it was a while ago, I wouldn't have quite the concerns I do. You are right, a public apology and statement of intent would help a lot - even if it might not be completely believed - but as far as I'm aware, he's never done that, which isn't good either.

I'll be honest, I'm not exactly sure what to think of him however I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt given Wilder has specifically gone for him and consulted multiple people about him, and the fact that he chose us over other sides, including top 6 ones, who had gone for him. It seems that alcohol is a common factor of all incidents involving him but I don't think there have been any more recent than a year, and not convicted of anything since 2012/13, so hopefully he's turned a new leaf.

Sorry but its hard to support a player who is a total prick like Madine, sooner he F's off the better. I'll try and not boo the tw@t (That will be me trying to "grow up" about the situation), but I ain't clapping or cheering his name like some of the chavy thugs we seem to have supporting him.
He's assaulted people, he's personally hated on the blades.
I don't care what Wilder says about him, he's a stain on our club and I can't wait till the loan is over.
You'll just have to hope thar he doesn't score a shedful of goals then! :D

I'll be honest, I'm not exactly sure what to think of him however I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt given Wilder has specifically gone for him and consulted multiple people about him, and the fact that he chose us over other sides, including top 6 ones, who had gone for him. It seems that alcohol is a common factor of all incidents involving him but I don't think there have been any more recent than a year, and not convicted of anything since 2012/13, so hopefully he's turned a new leaf.

If say Derby had got him on loan everyone on here would be laughing their “balls" of at them !

the fact that he chose us over other sides, including top 6 ones
Careful how you interpret newspaper 'stories'. It mentioned Derby, Millwall and an unnamed 3rd party. Derby's involvement was an 'expression of interest'. My interpretation of that is that it was an attempt to stall the signing with no intent of putting up.

He doesn’t know him , if you knew him what would be the first thing you would ask him about ?
Just another Madine apologist trying to make Madine sound normal.
Do you feel better now you've said that, have I said I'm happy with madine coming back?

I make no apologies for his horrendous behaviours previously when he's pissed up. I haven't seen him since madines joined, but I spoke to him a lot at length following the incident so can offer some insight...

Do you feel better now you've said that, have I said I'm happy with madine coming back?

I make no apologies for his horrendous behaviours previously when he's pissed up. I haven't seen him since madines joined, but I spoke to him a lot at length following the incident so can offer some insight...

Post 70 says you haven’t spoken to him about it , have you or haven’t you ?

Edit , sorry just read it again and you said since he signed.

How many of our past players do you think may have chinned someone on a night out and not been arrested.

I’ll name 1 straight away.

Billy Whitehurst
Didn’t Mitch ward once slap someone on a night out??.
In the case of madine- we have to leave the past behind us. I’m definitely not condoning what he did but we have to hope that he’s grown up and wants to do his very best for our beloved blades. Let’s give him a chance. UTB

Madine won’t start, v likely to come on as sub though.....let’s not embarrass ourselves by booing him when he comes on, fair do’s if you don’t want to clap or cheer him but we need to support the team.

Taking my lad to his first ever game on Saturday, I don’t want his first impression to be we boo our own players (appreciate there’s a reason behind it and he won’t be knowing the ins and outs of why!)

UTB

I can understand why some are acknowledging his questionable past but admitting that he may be good for the team, and putting their faith in Wilder.

What makes less sense is attempting to excuse said behaviour, or imply that the victim was at fault, or that we've all gotten into fights when drunk (newsflash: not everyone does that).
I would be willing to bet that these same fans who are now making up excuses for him were the first to condemn him for these exact same acts when he was playing for Wednesday or Bolton.

I'll still support him as a United player if he shows a good attitude, but i'm not about to make excuses for his character either.

Back
Top Bottom