Updates From Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I do wish managers wouldn’t say things like this.

Every player has a price. Brooke’s is NO different.

Law of the jungle !

UTB

Fair do's re: the players going out..hopefully all those deals go through for the lads and they do the business for their respective loan clubs.

What did I say about Wilder seeing Leonard at RCB again?

He will play in that position far more than most people think.

Well if Heneghan's going then we'll only have 4 dedicated CBs and will need to sign another one.

Wouldn't be entirely happy with both Thomas and Carruthers going. They're 2 players who run with the ball and we haven't got many of those. But Thomas especially could do with playing regularly. And Carruthers can gain value with a good spell in L1.

What did I say about Wilder seeing Leonard at RCB again?

He will play in that position far more than most people think.

You claimed he had been bought to play there,not the same as our manager saying he can play there if required.

I'm with you though,you're in a better position to judge.

I do wish managers wouldn’t say things like this.

Every player has a price. Brooke’s is NO different.

Law of the jungle !

UTB

The more he says he's not for sale though the more other clubs are likely to offer, if he says yeah we'll sell him at the right price he's just encouraging bids which obviously Chris doesn't want.

And the Audio:

Just listened to the audio. I really like the pre match interviews as you always get a very honest, calm and composed Wilder and he tends to give insights into his philosophy and plans for the club.

Honest and frank statements about CCV, Ched, Freeman, Brooks and the lads we're looking to move out on loan.

Good stuff, now lets get things clicking on the pitch, starting saturday

Well if Heneghan's going then we'll only have 4 dedicated CBs and will need to sign another one.

By the sounds of it, we won’t be – Wilder suggested this was part of rebalancing the squad. Essentially Leonard sounds like he’ll be emergency back-up for Basham. There’s a lot of faith being shown in Basham staying fit and in-form – I’m guessing if he were out long-term he’d consider moving Stearman to the right, or altering our magnificent system.

What does our manager know,I have seen it claimed on here by a poster,that he has been signed to play at the back,that's good enough for me

That's outrageous speculation. Leonard was not signed to play where Wilder wants him too . He's a midfielder and nothing else. The end .

That's outrageous speculation. Leonard was not signed to play where Wilder wants him too . He's a midfielder and nothing else. The end .

Heretic,he's been Southends star player for the last 3 seasons playing as a midfielder,it stands to reason we sign him and play him at the back

If CW keeps saying Brooks won't be sold in January then he won't be

July is a different matter tho :D

July? presumably that's a Brazilian midfielder that we bought accidentally as part of our recent "buy every midfielder" mania.

Tin hat on, I would look to cash in on Brooks at some point, probably this summer. I have a feeling he is a luxury at this stage of our development. As always though that does depend on how much of the 'munneh' from any sale is made available for player acquisitions/wages.

Tin hat on, I would look to cash in on Brooks at some point, probably this summer. I have a feeling he is a luxury at this stage of our development. As always though that does depend on how much of the 'munneh' from any sale is made available for player acquisitions/wages.
We could have done with that luxury to unlock the pigs' defence last week like he did against Leeds.

Even so, £10m+ for an impact sub looks like good business. In the games he has started, he's been quite peripheral.

As was said on another thread, things may change if we get promoted but I think the smart money at this stage would be on us building in the summer for a promotion bid next season.

Wilder: "Brooks won't be sold."

S24SU: "Ah, Brooks is definitely being sold."

Wilder: "Leonard was not bought to play in defence."

S24SU: "Leonard was bought to play in defence."
Wilder hasn't said leonard wasn't brought in to play defence
He's said no one else is being brought in to replace ccv as len can cover there

Even so, £10m+ for an impact sub looks like good business. In the games he has started, he's been quite peripheral.

As was said on another thread, things may change if we get promoted but I think the smart money at this stage would be on us building in the summer for a promotion bid next season.

He wasn’t peripheral in the first pig match. But I get your point.

Are we heading for 4 at the back i.e. meaning that 4 centre halves is sufficient and in case of emergencies Leonard can play there? All the signs are there especially with the number of midfielders we now have in the squad, maybe some version of 4-4-2, something like 4-1-3-1-1??

Back
Top Bottom